THE BROWNS BOARD

How to beat the Warriors

The Gipper

The way to beat the Warriors: You need to BEAT the Warriors. Old School Bad Boys style. Pound the hell out of them physically. Get them off their game.

The thing is, I don't know that the Cavs are built that way. They can have some pesky players like Delly or Tatum.....but their main guys like Kyrie and Love are not hardcore guys. Face it, they are a bit soft. LeBron could be hardcore, but he won't be. While it could take a Laimbeer/Mahorn kind of attitude, the Cavs don't have guys like that that would pound you and not care.

The NBA is all soft nowadays. If the rules were the way they were in the 80's to mid 90's the Warriors would be average

But seeing as they play no touchy no freely now, the Warriors are built to play the new era game

We don't have anyone capable of beating up on draymond green and he's very worrisome to me. You can possibly bully Thompson and curry but Will it be enough. The spurs' Leonard may be able to bully green but we don't have anyone to do that

LeBron could do it, but that is not his style.

The NBA is all soft nowadays. If the rules were the way they were in the 80's to mid 90's the Warriors would be average

But seeing as they play no touchy no freely now, the Warriors are built to play the new era game

This may be the single dumbest thing I've read in this forum. Hey kids get off my lawn.

Now we can argue all-time teams vs each other but to suggest that the Warriors are an "average" team in any era is wrong.

Lebron doesn't have the toughness to bully people. He's big and strong but not tough.

C'mon Kid Lebron is a fucking badass. While I agree he doesn't play overly physical defense and he is like a lot of NBA greats where he flops and whines for calls. There is no denying that he manhandles very large men on offense.

C'mon Kid Lebron is a fucking badass. While I agree he doesn't play overly physical defense and he is like a lot of NBA greats where he flops and whines for calls. There is no denying that he manhandles very large men on offense.

Do you see him putting the lockdown on Draymond Green?

Do you see him putting the lockdown on Draymond Green?

Absolutely not but Green averaged less than 12 ppg last year in the Finals. I'm probably the wrong guy to talk NBA defense with because I really don't think you ever truly "lockdown" a superstar. We hear all the talk from fans/players/analysts about the good ole days when teams played great defense, yet the scoring stats don't remotely support that. Jordan averaged 30.1 for his career 33.4 in the playoffs. The "Jordan Rules" were a joke, he still owned them for his career. The only time you can stop a true top 10 talent is if they let you.

I hope he's done. No mercy. No one cares when we didn't have two of our best three players.

That's a shit thing to say. People may not have held a candlelight vigil when Kyrie and Love got hurt last year but they certainly didn't hope it happened and weren't glad. But I'm happy to say that the fucking Cavs healthy won't beat the Spurs so enjoy another year of no fucking titles.

That's a shit thing to say. People may not have held a candlelight vigil when Kyrie and Love got hurt last year but they certainly didn't hope it happened and weren't glad. But I'm happy to say that the fucking Cavs healthy won't beat the Spurs so enjoy another year of no fucking titles.

They'll trounce the fucking lame ass celtics if the bullshit celtics manage to beat the hawks so there's that at least. And if the celtics manage to lose in the first round, they'll trounce the hawks

And if the Warriors are minus a couple starters? I sure as hell won't be holding a candlelight vigil.

Cavs can't beat the Spurs? I'd like their odds better than against the Warriors.

The Warriors might not get to the Spurs. Without Curry they will have a hard time winning after round 1

The Warriors might not get to the Spurs. Without Curry they will have a hard time winning after round 1

Warriors got another break- literally- Chris Paul busted his hand. 3rd metacarpal- that's the long bone in the middle of your hand. Probably safe to say he's done for the playoffs. :( So if it's Clippers - Warriors round 2, all bets are off. LA may not even get past Portland without Paul.

They'll trounce the fucking lame ass celtics if the bullshit celtics manage to beat the hawks so there's that at least. And if the celtics manage to lose in the first round, they'll trounce the hawks

Awesome. Maybe they can hold a runner-up parade.

Archived