THE BROWNS BOARD

Please No RG3

Opal312

I had a nightmare the Browns traded Johnny Manziel for RG3. I now have to go to my local Church and light a candle that this can never happen. But you have to admit the Browns have done strange things in the past like getting rid of Kosar for Vinnie Testaverde. Or passing on Donavan MCNabb for Tim Couch, or trading Paul Warfield for Bill Nelson.

So I thought I would ask the collective mind to put the KABASH on any slim chance they would think of something so putrid.

Warfield for Nelson? I wish we'd done that well...

As for RG3... I think we have an insurance policy names Kyle to help us avoid him...

That said for a fifth-ish rounder he's gonna make it with some team that is prepared to run-option him until he drops...

I had a nightmare the Browns traded Johnny Manziel for RG3. I now have to go to my local Church and light a candle that this can never happen. But you have to admit the Browns have done strange things in the past like getting rid of Kosar for Vinnie Testaverde. Or passing on Donavan MCNabb for Tim Couch, or trading Paul Warfield for Bill Nelson.

So I thought I would ask the collective mind to put the KABASH on any slim chance they would think of something so putrid.

Those were actually all good trades even the one that sprung from your diseased imagination.

:o

WSS

You forgot- we traded Manziel to the Redskins for RG III, and they also gave us three firsts, and a second for taking this overrated cancer off their team.

Fearless Prediction:

RG3 will land in Philly and Kelly will resurrect his career running the Zone-read...

... and then he'll get hurt.

So anyway... we can go after Foles. Any interest?

Fearless Prediction:

RG3 will land in Philly and Kelly will resurrect his career running the Zone-read...

... and then he'll get hurt.

So anyway... we can go after Foles. Any interest?

No. Only QBs I'm interested in for 2105 are already on the Browns roster.

Zombo

Paul Warfield was traded for the rights to draft Mike Phipps.

Jesus, they'll be old by then.

lol.... gotta love a good transposition.

Paul Warfield was traded for the rights to draft Mike Phipps.

Man... she was on a Bluto-like roll...

Right. thing were worse than you say. The Browns traded Warfield to the Dolphins for their draft pick #3 overall with which they chose Mike Phipps. Bill Nelsen was already the QB of the Browns when that trade was made.

And as stated in another thread, they didn't get rid of Kosar for Testaverde, who was hurt. They got rid of him and started Todd Philcox for the rest of the season....that was worse.

As for Couch/McNabb....I am not sure that would have worked out any better. McNabb went to a good team with a good coach. Couch went to a paper team with bad coaches. McNabb may have done no better here than Couch had he been the choice, and Couch may have done as well as McNabb....absent the injuries, had he been taken by the Eagles.

Archived