THE BROWNS BOARD

Teddy Bridgewater

laiccm

The right thing to do for the Browns and for Farmer's career is to pick Bridgewater.

1. I cannot give the keys and therefore my job completely over to a career backup with a blownout knee who won you two games.

2. You draft Bridgewater than if Hoyer fails or gets injured again, you have the most NFL ready QB

3. If Hoyer succeeds you have someone in the wings or good trade bait.

4. If Bridgewater beats him out then you have a bakcup in Hoyer who can mentor.

5. Bridgewater is more accurate and more of an NFL QB than Bortles and way more than Manziel.

6. Manziel ran with people open because he thought they were covered....well, they are really covered in the pros

7. Bortles is not in his league when it comes to anticipatory throws and accuracy.

The right thing to do for the Browns and for Farmer's career is to pick Bridgewater.

1. I cannot give the keys and therefore my job completely over to a career backup with a blownout knee who won you two games.

2. You draft Bridgewater than if Hoyer fails or gets injured again, you have the most NFL ready QB

3. If Hoyer succeeds you have someone in the wings or good trade bait.

4. If Bridgewater beats him out then you have a bakcup in Hoyer who can mentor.

5. Bridgewater is more accurate and more of an NFL QB than Bortles and way more than Manziel.

6. Manziel ran with people open because he thought they were covered....well, they are really covered in the pros

7. Bortles is not in his league when it comes to anticipatory throws and accuracy.

You won't get get any argument from me. What amazes me is how far his draft stock has fallen during an offseason where all he did was supposedly have a mediocre pro day. Big whupping deal. Jamarcus Russell had a great pro day and Joe Haden did badly at the combine. Just look at the game tape. The offseason hoopla is virtually meaningless by comparison.

I agree with you. Teddy Twatwater will be a solid quarterback in the NFL. His style reminds me of Peyton. Not the biggest arm, not the biggest body, but his pre-snap reads and football intelligence are what will get him by. I personally think he will fall to us at 26, and if he's there, grab him. Manziel is going to be great too, but I think Teddy is a better fit for us. He can sit behind Hoyer for 2-3 years and then when he plays, he's absolutely ready to win. He's not as exciting to watch as Manziel, but any QB who can tear apart a defense so easily that it looks boring, is a guy I want.

Some people say he checks the ball down too much... Well he takes what is open! He reads the defense, and if they give him the checkdown, he'll take that 5-7 yard gain all day. He takes what the defense gives him, and doesnt try to force anything.

My only issue with Bridgewater is the glove thing. C'mon man, figure that out..

In case you haven't seen this, it really shows Bridgewater's football IQ

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10665539

As far as any QB in this draft is concerned, I hear less negative things about Bridgewater than I do about anybody else. The red flags have come only AFTER this last month on things that most people will claim they put very little stock into (Pro Day).

I am to the point, where I feel he may be the guy that the Browns pick. But again, not with that #4.

if you say teddy i say johnny.

bridgewater blows. every film i've seen of him is him throwing a earl 'the pearl' rainbow lob in the air against crap competition. he looked like shit at his pro day, didn't have the balls to throw at the combine and what i've seen of him in these QB classes and nfl network produced fluff, he stinks. i don't know who the fuck rated him so high but whoever it was was surely on his jock.

if we're going that route i'd rather have manziel. and if we're going top 4 QBs i'd rather have bortles.

bridewater looks like a china doll in a grown up man suit.

if you say teddy i say johnny.

Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.

But...

Just how many films have you watched of teddy?

So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?

There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.

Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?

For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.

I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...

Bottles has his own set of problems.

Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.

Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.

Don't get me wrong.....I'd prefer to not draft any of these qbs at 4.

But...

Just how many films have you watched of teddy?

So did you somehow miss the wounded ducks ole Jonny boy was tossing into triple coverage for Evans to bail him out?

There's a few hall of famers that had bad pro days, and some collosal busts that had great ones. Means jack shit.

Did ole Jonny throw at the combine?

For every piece you can dog up knocking teddy, I'll find you one that says the opposite. Furthermore, I can also find lots of material that says ole Jonny is worth about a third rounder.

I can say the same type of jock sniffers are proping up Jonny as well...

Bottles has his own set of problems.

Point being, you put way to much stock in what the media says.....especially when it fits your narrative.

Each guy has strengths and weakness. None are complete but many people whose opinions I value indicate teddy is the most NFL ready. My concern about his frame is also the same as Jonny's small stature. IMO, its about fit.

you're preaching to the choir. i was just playing the 'what if' game.

Have a source for that?

Because I have this:

Charley Casserly: 7 QBs in 2014 draft rate higher than EJ Manuel

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24522156/charley-casserly-7-qbs-in-2014-draft-rate-higher-than-ej-manuel

it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

it was said by someone in a round table discussion very early on after the super bowl. i don't know if was a local WFAN morning show like boomer and carton or some espn hacks like mcshay or kiper. they've probably taken back what they said, but that point was the only thing i remember about the discussion. and no, i don't know what they were basing their point on.

casserly is alright, i know it says he is basing his comments on manuel's college career, (which i really don't remember anything about) but i rarely agree with everything he says. hell i rarely agree with everything anybody says, except of course, my wife.

i love these guys that don't have a job anymore that go into broadcasting because no one wants them fucking up their team. even savage made it to the desk on some network.

hell holmgren should interview. he'd fit right in.

Oh hell no Mik. I would fucking vomit if I had to watch that walrus blubber incessantly on my tv. Ugh, Yuck. I hate that man, no not a man, a damn cretin.

I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

Mike

I am NOT a Bridgewater fan, no fire, nothing about this guy says "special" or "leader" to me. Bottom line is that they'll take who they want to take & I'll support their decision. It won't be long now.

Mike

I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

I agree. You have to admit the "fire" is one thing JF definitely has. I'm not excited about any QB in this draft. The underlying theme I'm seeing on the board now is faith in Farmer, and I completely agree. Draft talk is sure getting old, but with an interesting draft I think most of it is warranted. Can't wait for it to get here.

Agree with you here. I would prefer to grab a "can't miss" impact player @ #4 (Watkins/Clowney/Mack) and go after a QB w/ #26 or #35. Wouldn't be too pissed if we traded up out of #26 if Farmer & Co. feel the guy they want will be off the board @ #26.

No such thing.

No such thing at all.

Richardson was a can't miss player, so was Winslow, Edwards, Robert Gallery, and hundreds of others.

unfortunately you're right.

Points well taken.

IMO there are most definitely can't miss players. Do some of them flop? Of course. Andrew Luck was the epitome of a can't miss talent. I believe Clowney and Watkins are as well, but I very well could be wrong. If your argument would be there aren't any can't miss players in this draft, I could certainly see and respect that

He's not much of a down field passer, but shannys system doesn't place a high importance on going long. Short and midrange accuracy are required though, which teddy has in spades.

It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.

It's smart to take an accurate passer over a strong arm passer. Strong arm passers get GM's and Coaches fired. Accurate passers do not. Arm strength can also get better over time, but accuracy rarely ever gets better.

Sounds like a description of DA & Brandy to me .........

The more I read, the more it seems like massive groupthink, and then certain guys trying to break out from the herd with outlandish opinions.

Hoge and Jaws are definitely seeking web hits, there's no way with all their experience they can believe Manziel isn't worth a 1st 2nd or 3rd-round pick.

Starting to hate this.

I finished my grad school project yesterday and am going to get back into the swing of things, just in time, but it's gotten to the point where this event is more about popularity and rumor to drive advertising than it is about talent evaluation.

Probably just my tendency to think conspiracy but I often wonder how many of their professional opinions are impacted by generous agents?

are you suggesting monetary compensation?

back in the day the record co.'s would send out their reps to radio stations and give the djs drugs and women to play their music.

wouldn't it be great to kiper get caught with his pants down by some video crew having his knob polished by some agent's fluffer?

Archived