THE BROWNS BOARD

Custom Jersey Help

sdballis

Hey guys,

Been reading here for awhile now because, like most of you often rant about, anywhere outside of Cleveland gets little to no Browns coverage. Thanks for all the news and entertainment you guys provide. Born and bred a Browns fan and have been through many a jersey since '99. Rather than go with a throwback (I'm 22, making a throwback outside my lifetime), I'd like to get a custom jersey. I was thinking about just doing a 00 with my last name, but thought I might come here for some feedback on what number/name I should get. Feel free to throw anything out there.

Thanks again guys

Hey guys,

Been reading here for awhile now because, like most of you often rant about, anywhere outside of Cleveland gets little to no Browns coverage. Thanks for all the news and entertainment you guys provide. Born and bred a Browns fan and have been through many a jersey since '99. Rather than go with a throwback (I'm 22, making a throwback outside my lifetime), I'd like to get a custom jersey. I was thinking about just doing a 00 with my last name, but thought I might come here for some feedback on what number/name I should get. Feel free to throw anything out there.

Thanks again guys

Good idea will never go out of style. #46 is also a retired number to use.

Probably a Tim Couch jersey.

Say, I have two of em for sale..... you could just

have a sports store blank out the "Couch" and put your name in....

"sigh"

Hey guys,

Thanks again guys

You are 22 and young, so take some advice: DO the throwback. Just get #32 Jim Browns jersey and forget about it.

Getting a custom jersey with your name on it is.....sorry...a bit gay.

Getting the number of some current supposed popular player is a huge risk. How many useless Brady Quinn Jerseys are out there.

I guess you could get #73 for JT and do all right....but I wouldn't go for anyone else probably.

Alright. I'll try to go in order and hash out my thoughts on each. That should give everyone a better perspective on my jersey wants/needs.

- While i love Haden as well, I don't want a current player. While he could be a jersey of mine in 15 years, now is not the time.

- I hate Manziel. Like HATE.

- For the next few posters...... If I end up going with my personal name, I don't know that I want a number, even retired. If people see a 32 or 76 with my name, they're only gonna see a Brown or Groza jersey and it would just end up being a throwback jersey.

- To the Couch jerseys......................... Yea, have about 10 of those myself.

- And finally Gip. I know the throwbacks are fail-proof, but again, I don't feel tied to any of those players. I'm a 3rd-gen fan and football junkie so I know about as much history as a 22 y.o. could know, but still don't feel the connection there. As to getting my name, yes, I was thinking most people wouldn't like the idea, especially with a last name like mine (BALLIS, pronounced BAY-lis, but you can imagine the ways others see it). You're right about not getting a current player, I've already ruled that out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Let me know if my reaction sparks any other ideas.

Alright. I'll try to go in order and hash out my thoughts on each. That should give everyone a better perspective on my jersey wants/needs.

- While i love Haden as well, I don't want a current player. While he could be a jersey of mine in 15 years, now is not the time.

- I hate Manziel. Like HATE.

- For the next few posters...... If I end up going with my personal name, I don't know that I want a number, even retired. If people see a 32 or 76 with my name, they're only gonna see a Brown or Groza jersey and it would just end up being a throwback jersey.

- To the Couch jerseys......................... Yea, have about 10 of those myself.

- And finally Gip. I know the throwbacks are fail-proof, but again, I don't feel tied to any of those players. I'm a 3rd-gen fan and football junkie so I know about as much history as a 22 y.o. could know, but still don't feel the connection there. As to getting my name, yes, I was thinking most people wouldn't like the idea, especially with a last name like mine (BALLIS, pronounced BAY-lis, but you can imagine the ways others see it). You're right about not getting a current player, I've already ruled that out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Let me know if my reaction sparks any other ideas.

You should NOT be getting a number like 32 or 76 with your name on it unless your name is Jim Brown or Lou Groza....or else risk the chance of getting your ass kicked by someone who DOES feel a connection to those guys. If you really want to go with your name....do the 00.

If you gotta have a jersey with a players name on it...then get someone who you do have a connection to, but who has proven his worth over time as a Cleveland Brown.

But, really, for your age group, Joe Thomas is about your only real choice.

You should NOT be getting a number like 32 or 76 with your name on it unless your name is Jim Brown or Lou Groza....or else risk the chance of getting your ass kicked by someone who DOES feel a connection to those guys. If you really want to go with your name....do the 00.

If you gotta have a jersey with a players name on it...then get someone who you do have a connection to, but who has proven his worth over time as a Cleveland Brown.

But, really, for your age group, Joe Thomas is about your only real choice.

Exactly my thoughts, Gip. I'm a big JT fan but I'd rather have my own jersey, for whatever reason. What are everyone's thoughts on going with a 00 but with something other than my name? I'm not going for the cliche "#1 FAN" but don't know where else to go. I'm heading off to med school this fall but don't know that I want to jump the gun with "Dr. Ballis" (that might be a little too much anyway).

Does anyone else have a custom with their last name on it? Is it as gay as Gip claimed it may be?

Ive never considered it, but my last name is Cox, and I catch enough shit for that as is haha.

Haha. I have a couple guys I played flag football with in college that had the last name Cox, two brothers. We called them Big Cox and Little Cox. You can imagine that being screamed out all over the football field.

Haha. I have a couple guys I played flag football with in college that had the last name Cox, two brothers. We called them Big Cox and Little Cox. You can imagine that being screamed out all over the football field.

Wouldn't it be Cocks and Balls?

You could go there with your jersey: Dr. Balls. then the 00 would have some real significance. %====)>

I got a custom jersey as a surprise gift for my birthday. STEPHENSON #7. Seven is my birthdate and my favorite/lucky number.

# 29 Eric mothafuckin' Turner

I'm an old schooler. I don't wear jerseys. I totally understand the shift to jerseys for many fans, but it just ain't me.

my prized Browns attire is my authentic NFL leather jacket I purchased back in 01. I have been wearing it only to games these past 12 seasons but should things change this year I'll be sporting that sucka whenever I step out.

Cant go wrong with a Brown or Graham. Maybe a Byner, Minnified would work? Hell a Kosar wouldnt be bad.

Byner? Hey, I'm all for letting bygones be bygones but, really? How many red sox fans wear their Bill Buckner jerseys? Just saying' you probably don't want a Byner jersey (and yes, I remember 1985).

Hahaha. Thanks Gip. Idk that NFL.com will approve of that though.

PoeticG - How has that jersey worked out for you? Do you feel weird with your last name on the jersey? How would you feel if a new player/draft pick got #7?

The jersey was bought for me as a surprise gift. My wife knows I like to wear my clothes a little loose on me, plus when it gets cold I'll need room under the jersey for a thermals and maybe a sweater or hoodie so It's kinda big. That maybe the only thing I'd change, maybe a little smaller, it's pretty big, haha. But as far as my name on the back goes... it's the coolest thing in the world to me, nothing could have been better- I love it. STEPHENSON in capital on the back of a Browns jersey...priceless. Plus, you can't be traded.

As far as the number is concerned- It's my birthday so my attitude is like, "I had it first". No, for real though, it's not even an issue, I wouldn't care if somebody had the number or not. As a matter of fact bro, Alex Tanney, the trick shot QB that we signed last year, he wears the number 7 right now. HAHA, when I first opened it, I opened to the number and my first thought was- What the fuck, a Tanney jersey? HAHA, then I saw my last name I just smiled... it's my favorite thing I own.

The jersey was bought for me as a surprise gift. My wife knows I like to wear my clothes a little loose on me, plus when it gets cold I'll need room under the jersey for a thermals and maybe a sweater or hoodie so It's kinda big. That maybe the only thing I'd change, maybe a little smaller, it's pretty big, haha. But as far as my name on the back goes... it's the coolest thing in the world to me, nothing could have been better- I love it. STEPHENSON in capital on the back of a Browns jersey...priceless. Plus, you can't be traded.

As far as the number is concerned- It's my birthday so my attitude is like, "I had it first". No, for real though, it's not even an issue, I wouldn't care if somebody had the number or not. As a matter of fact bro, Alex Tanney, the trick shot QB that we signed last year, he wears the number 7 right now. HAHA, when I first opened it, I opened to the number and my first thought was- What the fuck, a Tanney jersey? HAHA, then I saw my last name I just smiled... it's my favorite thing I own.

Living proof that having your name on the back of an NFL jersey is...well...lame.

Good perspective, PoG. I'm gonna have to side with you over Gip on this one. If you feel that awesome with your jersey on, who cares what other people might think. I think Gip is just jealous ;)

Good perspective, PoG. I'm gonna have to side with you over Gip on this one. If you feel that awesome with your jersey on, who cares what other people might think. I think Gip is just jealous ;)

Jealous, really? What better name to have on a football uniform than The Gipper, if I wanted one. Actually, my name IS on a Browns jersey.

Browns_gw_white00039.jpg

See, this is how you do it: you get the Browns to get a player who has your same name.

Maybe I should get one of these.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.gipson.75?ref=name

Jealous, really? What better name to have on a football uniform than The Gipper, if I wanted one. Actually, my name IS on a Browns jersey.

Browns_gw_white00039.jpg

See, this is how you do it: you get the Browns to get a player who has your same name.

Maybe I should get one of these.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.gipson.75?ref=name

Uh oh, Gip. Gotta watch out when you post the Women's jersey you claim to want.....

Living proof that having your name on the back of an NFL jersey is...well...lame.

Nope, I'm sure you've noticed I have my name on the back of mine- & I've never considered it "lame". Never goes out of style either. Lame is having a #2 Couch jersey hanging in the basement gathering dust (yup sure do)- because you wouldn't be caught dead wearing it out in public, much less at a Browns game. One mistake like that taught me to never repeat throwing money away.

^+1.

Archived