week 1 Browns @ Detoilet Aug 7-10

week 2 Browns @ Skins on ESPN Aug 18th Monday Night Football

week 3 Browns home vs. Rams Aug 21-24

week 4 Browns home vs. Bears Aug 28

Is it weird to Have MNF for preseason or am I just forgetting/Havent noticed?

Lions, Rams and Bears every year it seems.

They have a deal with the Lions to alternate home & home in the preseason, it's to keep travel costs down.

Same way the Bengals play Indy every year.

Cool the browns get a game on national TV. It's preseason but shit i'll take it.

Lions, Rams and Bears every year it seems.

Indeed. Teams look to cut travel expense. Do you blame them?

The days of heading out to San Diego for a exhibition game are over. Look at teams inside 500 miles to be the bulk of the schedule......non division teams.

The days of heading out to San Diego for a exhibition game are over. Look at teams inside 500 miles to be the bulk of the schedule......non division teams.

Exactly- the Bengals have a preseason game against the Cardinals in Arizona. The last time they have ventured west of Kansas City for a preseason game was 1996.

Preseason is awful. I wish they only played 2 games of it.

Remember how amazing Weeden looked in preseason last year with no pressure/blitzing.

It's a waste of time and it get's players injured in meaningless games but of course they will NEVER cut it down to 2 games because the owners want to squeeze the tit until it turns purple year round.

a few scrimmages, 2 preseason games a few weeks before opening day and then you're set.

Also, Goodell wanting to add 2 more playoff teams is a fucking calamity. That would mean 1/2 the NFL makes the playoffs. It's a joke.

Sure. the players union was totally against cutting preseason down to 2 games- because that means 18 regular season games, with even more chance for players to get injured. Yeah- a regular season game in Tampa or Miami in August- that's the ticket. I was at a Browns game at Tampa in October, and the heat index on the field was 105.

The NFL hasn't figured out the reason fans don't like preseason games is you're forced to pay full freight to watch an exhibition game. It's not about who your starters are- it's about sorting out who the 40-70 guys are.

I liked the days when preseason games really were treated like an exhibition game and not just another cash cow source. The Browns and other teams actually used to play them in non-NFL venues. I think the Browns and Bengals once played in Columbus.

I know at one time the Browns used to play a preseason game at the Akron Rubber Bowl.

And remember the old "doubleheaders" that used to be played at Cleveland Muni? Two other teams would play in an opening game, while the Browns played an opponent in the nightcap.

http://books.google.com/books?id=iqFHJnbKSOsC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=cleveland+browns+preseason+doubleheader&source=bl&ots=QYKqGPu2Kz&sig=yawqInmmtu6cQDBJcQ-HN9BO30I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xPVHU6mdMYPy8QGLi4HoCw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=cleveland%20browns%20preseason%20doubleheader&f=false

The NFL hasn't figured out the reason fans don't like preseason games is you're forced to pay full freight to watch an exhibition game. It's not about who your starters are- it's about sorting out who the 40-70 guys are.

This is correct

I would gladly NOT pay for the 2 preseason games and let non season ticket holders have those game. Paying full price for the 4th preseason game, is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF

This is correct

I would gladly NOT pay for the 2 preseason games and let non season ticket holders have those game. Paying full price for the 4th preseason game, is a COMPLETE RIP-OFF

Exactly, the starters play a series, or at most two? I've long said the way to solve that is cut the price of the preseason games in half, and factor that into the regular season games. I my case that would be $7 more a ticket for regular season.

This is correct

Need to get back to the days when there would be a rock concert after the game, I remember the Beach Boys playing after one anybody else remember concerts after the preseason game?

The NFL hasn't figured out the reason fans don't like preseason games is you're forced to pay full freight to watch an exhibition game.

that's crazy, i did not know that. last time i went to a pre-season game was at the old giants stadium when the browns came in. they were on the cuff so i didn't even look at the ticket (even the i kept the stub and is in one of my overfilled boxes of shite in storage).

i would at least think the tickets would be half-price. they can always make up money with the concessions.

Archived