THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack stays with Browns

darren15

And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And since you get to rollover cap space even having on yr with crazy payout makes it suspect that the Browns don't match. I suppose its possible but if Haslam wants to keep him I cant see how Jags can make it impossible to match.

it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.

it isn't about making it impossible to match, just uncomfortable enough for the Browns to pass.

Yeah, I know, only scenario I can think of is high guaranteed money with a high payout in yr 2 of the deal so if signed its hard to just cut him without negative impact to the salary cap. And since the browns can roll over probably 20+ million in cap money I think it will be hard, Browns will just have to be on a tight leash for one yr if that were the scenario. The other scenario to me if draft a C this yr sign the deal and cut bait in yr 2 but again depends on the guaranteed money.

Personally you cant blame a guy for wanting max money, however, he is pretty much telling the Browns to GFY. We have plenty of picks to get a Center in the Draft. Probably one of our 3rd or 4th rounders.

Haslam has made it clear they will match any offer...he'll be a Brown at least one more year.

My take is ... Mack obviously wants to stay in Cleveland with a long term deal. Otherwise, he wouldn't have signed a 5-year deal with Jacksonville, he would have played out his one year at $10 mil and been a free agent, or franchised, next year.

He KNOWS Cleveland will match this deal.

He just used Jacksonville to get his damn deal done.

Zombo

So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

It's he & his Agent saying they'll get an offer Cleveland can't match.

Translation: It's pretty clear Mack wants out of Cleveland. It's called "burning bridges".

My feeling: We are trying to change a culture & create a positive, winning unit. There is no place here for a player who doesn't to be here, so let his ass go. I think he figures the Browns want him, will match & have to pay ridiculous money.

What I want: For the Browns to "pass" & let him get paid by a REAL shit-hole of a team that is going nowhere! If he wants out of Cleveland, he'd be of little benefit here both on field & in the locker room.

Mike

The business end of the NFL sucks.

Save the money & pay the play makers on the team. We should be able to find a center.

So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

Yeah, it's business- Mack apparently wants to be paid like the best center in the NFL- and it's open to debate if he is or not. Franchise tagging Mack would have been foolish- yeah, we could keep him for another year, but pay him more than Joe Thomas? You kidding me? And this same crap would start all over next year. Have to wonder what Mack will do if we do decide to match? Will he sit in a corner and pout? With the contract he's going to get, he's going to be completely untradeable.

My take is ... Mack obviously wants to stay in Cleveland with a long term deal. Otherwise, he wouldn't have signed a 5-year deal with Jacksonville, he would have played out his one year at $10 mil and been a free agent, or franchised, next year.

Zombo

Know what's disturbing to me Z? That "Mack wants to play out his contract in Florida". If that's truly his attitude- go ahead and play for a crappy team for more money. For all we know Mack wants to play for a warm weather team. We'll get a third round compensatory pick next year. Pettine said they have all the scenarios covered. The Browns certainly have more inside info than we do about their contract negotiations with Mack. I have to believe their offer was more than fair.

If we have to let him go, so be it- to make sure we hang on to Gordon, Haden, and Taylor- well, they're all far more valuable to the Browns than a center- even a Pro Bowl one.

Zombo

Just read on bleacher report he hopes Browns don't match deal. The possibility is there with an opt-out deal on the second year of a front-loaded contract. Hate to see him go, but at this point we should probably just plan to draft now two offensive linemen in the first four rounds. I don't want him on our team if he's gonna be this much trouble.

Just read on bleacher report he hopes Browns don't match deal.

Hate to see him go,

really? after him saying he HOPES the browns DON'T match?

that's a slap in the face by a bitch dude. the next thing that comes is a kick to the balls. do you want to be standing there for that?

fuck sugar tits.

"Hi, Jags".

"Say, give us your second round draft pick this year, and

we'll refuse to match your offer."

"Thanks ! Now, who is going to play center when

you travel and play a northern team in the snow?"

really? after him saying he HOPES the browns DON'T match?

that's a slap in the face by a bitch dude. the next thing that comes is a kick to the balls. do you want to be standing there for that?

fuck sugar tits.

It's from Adam Schefter, not a direct quote. Dunno how reliable he is:

"ESPN's Adam Schefter was among the first to report that Mack was not only set to agree to terms with the Jaguars on a long-term deal, but was hopeful that the Browns would choose not to match it, as is their right after hitting Mack with the transition tag."

-http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2023497-is-c-alex-mack-worth-brewing-multi-million-battle-between-browns-and-jaguars

The rest of the article outlines how they can make the contract something Cleveland won't want to match. It's real disappointment. If he goes like this, he'll deserve all the boos and jeers he gets next time Jax comes to Cleveland.

Because hes gay like you. Just rolling over for money, taking it in the ass.

Mack rumors are flying around, promoted by Sports NEWS wannabes. Haslem has said less than many are reporting, Mack has said less than many are reporting and Farmer/Pettine? Those guys will tell us when they want us to know.

Vic has said it best in this article. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Alex-Mack-has-to-deal-with-perception-that-comes-with-contract-pursuit/9afcfaf8-956e-41b1-be44-1ac1836e0c14

(Vic seems to be starting to get it...I'm glad to see).

Wow, you linked your forum thread which talks about Browns fans having "potty mouths" by saying "eat shit" here. Are all Jags fans as dumb as you?

If you jags fans want to talk about Mack with us, that's cool, just send someone with a brain cell to use.

Wow, you linked your forum thread which talks about Browns fans having "potty mouths" by saying "eat shit" here. Are all Jags fans as dumb as you?

If you jags fans want to talk about Mack with us, that's cool, just send someone with a brain cell to use.

Give em time. They're still looking.

I'm still trying to figure out this "insult"

You come here and tell us to "eat shit" with the very first post.... "eat shit" for what? Having a thread on your site talking about our views on the Mack situation?.... What the hell are you talking about?

On a side note, it was pretty funny reading through your insults toward us.... I really like the guy that jokes about bottles being thrown on the field.... then you look over at his Avatar picture.... hahahaha. Thats a true jags fan there!

Thanks for the laugh Jagsfan95. Do all you Jags fans have your own number? You have to be up to like 150 fans by now at least, right?

That Jags board would probably throw you off if you uttered one of George Carlin's 7 words. Here, we could care less. Is it like they never heard those words in conversation before.

I mean, what pussies. OMG you uttered a bad word.

Really?

And lets face it: The Browns have been going 5-11, 4-12 with Mack at center. The Jags will continue to do the same thing.

As good as Mack may be....is he a difference maker? Does he have much impact on the game?

Why is it the Browns have had so much trouble gaining that 1 yard on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and goal?

Mack hasn't shown up in those situations much, now has he?

Archived