THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Carr

PoeticG

I actually started this on a different topic and changed over to this one. Tomorrow will be the ProDay for Derek Carr so I guess it fits.

We don't really need to bring in another Vet. Hoyer is as veteran as any veteran. He's learned and learned and learned some more, finally getting a chance to play and he does well. Could he have been better, Yes, but we won. And that is the measuring stick that QB's are judged by. A QB could play horrible but if he doesn't cost you the game then he did his job well enough to win.

That's all we need guys. We keep using QBs that aren't good enough not to not lose(that's weird, wtf?). Hoyer could be that or he could be a guy that brings out the talents of others on the team. That's what I'm saying, the QB is the Moon, the team is the earth. A QB is the stabilizer which orients the direction of the team. Many times we go for the wrong type of QB.

I like the Hoyer - Carr - Tanney combo for the win. It brings you 3 pilots that mesh to create a truly great QB situation.

Hoyer is the old guard. He's been through the wringer and played the field. He's seen it all now. Rehab and all. He will be the man to unseat if you're going to take the QB job.

Carr will be the heir apparent and must learn much like Hoyer learned from Tom Brady. So it's kinda like Carr will learn from Brady, one of the most successful QBs of our time, in a round-a-bout way. He will also learn from Hoyer, who has played the system and earned his shot, about a lot of modesty there. He'll also have the experiences of his brother to draw from, who is labeled a bust. You put all that together and you have yourself a QB that:

1- Is mentally rounded. he's mentally tough. Carr remained grounded even through complications with his child.
2- Can make any throw on a football field, just watch the tape for conformation. He puts the ball through NFL windows.
3- He is a leader amongst men. Men will play for him because his demeanor calls out for that. It calls for you to go all out. My cousin is like this, many of us know a guy like this, a guy that if he asks something of you, you just do it, mostly because you know that he'd do it for you.
4- The young man has played in some games. He a senior, he's here- I just found this... http://sunnyside.kmph.com/news/sports-recreation/254383-carr-receive-cfpa-elite-qb-trophy

Senior quarterback is the second Bulldog to earn CFPA honors FRESNO, Calif. - The College Football Performance Awards announced Friday that Fresno State senior quarterback Derek Carr will receive the 2013 CFPA Elite Quarterback Trophy, which will be presented to him at Saturday's home men's basketball game vs. UC Merced at 4 p.m. Carr earned the honor for his career performance over the past three seasons and is the second Fresno State player to earn CFPA honors, following 2012 CFPA Defensive Back Trophy winner Phillip Thomas. The 2013 CFPA Elite Quarterback Back Trophy is a 22" optic crystal tower with 8" optic crystal football on top. The goal of College Football Performance Awards is to provide the most scientifically rigorous conferments in college football. All recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. Twenty-one CFPA winners have been first round NFL Draft selections.

... Now that's pretty cool. I'm telling you, there is something about this young man that screams- FRANCHISE QB. He will be the next Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Brett Farve(his idol). We have a prime opportunity to finally seal the deal at QB and I think we should just pull the trigger. Draft places and spots be damned, how many have we already burned? Let finish this once and for all.

With Tanney you have a guy that has fun with the football. He's the comedic relief if you will, trick shots and all. It would probably make for a fun QB unit. Tanny is also competitive. I see this as a world class group of guys that could really embrace their places and flourish as a group.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched this video, man- that was pretty awesome. Check it out ~IF YOU DARE!!~ LOL

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/19/derek-carr-2014-nfl-draft/

PoGee I'm not positive that he's the guy but I'm not positive he isn't. But I don't see a veteran out there worth bringing into camp and eating up a roster spot. I have feared all along that it would be Matt Schaub and I'm not 100 percent sure that isn't the plan.

Of the quarterbacks with a connection to Kyle Shanahan only he and Grossman fit the bill if you were looking for a third.

Today is Derek Carrs Pro Day?

Actually as I have said I would take Blake Boetles if I was forced to take one of the top 4 and apparently he knocked it out of the park. So he'll be gone.

WSS

THUN-DER!

take Derek Carr @ 4 and Davonte Adams @ 26 or the 2nd rounder. Legit.

When have you EVER seen Weeden go airborn? Crow.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Westside Steve, on 17 Feb 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Gosh I didn't think I was butt hurt but if you'd like you could certainly kiss it and make it better. Thanks for your concern. But...
I think I've been fairly clear with my opinion that it's wise to build a very strong team and then whoever plays quarterback will look better. By the way Bernie Kosar did not win a playoff game in Dallas. He went 5 of 9 and one touchdown as I recall filling in for Troy Aikman in the second half. The Cowboys won the game by 10 or 12 or something.
WSS

Bernie "perserved" that win. The Cowboys were ahead when Aikman went out, but the 49ers started to make a comeback. Kosar came in the game in the middle of the third quarter and threw a TD pass, and got the Cowboys into position for a FG to salt the game away.

True. Actually, not only did he throw for TD, but he ran about 3 yards into the endzone to the right. But,

it was called back due to holding. When you can be a "stork runner" and fool a defense like that?

I would hope any qb we draft has those kind of smarts.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Westside Steve, on 17 Feb 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Bernie "perserved" that win. The Cowboys were ahead when Aikman went out, but the 49ers started to make a comeback. Kosar came in the game in the middle of the third quarter and threw a TD pass, and got the Cowboys into position for a FG to salt the game away.

True. Actually, not only did he throw for TD, but he ran about 3 yards into the endzone to the right. But,

it was called back due to holding. When you can be a "stork runner" and fool a defense like that?

I would hope any qb we draft has those kind of smarts.

Yeah I realize a lot of people worship the guy and I liked him fine. Preserved the win? Well he did not throw a pic for a touchdown but the team won by more than the touchdown that he did throw for.

WSS

I actually started this on a different topic and changed over to this one. Tomorrow will be the ProDay for Derek Carr so I guess it fits.

We don't really need to bring in another Vet. Hoyer is as veteran as any veteran. He's learned and learned and learned some more, finally getting a chance to play and he does well. Could he have been better, Yes, but we won. And that is the measuring stick that QB's are judged by. A QB could play horrible but if he doesn't cost you the game then he did his job well enough to win.

That's all we need guys. We keep using QBs that aren't good enough not to not lose(that's weird, wtf?). Hoyer could be that or he could be a guy that brings out the talents of others on the team. That's what I'm saying, the QB is the Moon, the team is the earth. A QB is the stabilizer which orients the direction of the team. Many times we go for the wrong type of QB.

I like the Hoyer - Carr - Tanney combo for the win. It brings you 3 pilots that mesh to create a truly great QB situation.

Hoyer is the old guard. He's been through the wringer and played the field. He's seen it all now. Rehab and all. He will be the man to unseat if you're going to take the QB job.

Carr will be the heir apparent and must learn much like Hoyer learned from Tom Brady. So it's kinda like Carr will learn from Brady, one of the most successful QBs of our time, in a round-a-bout way. He will also learn from Hoyer, who has played the system and earned his shot, about a lot of modesty there. He'll also have the experiences of his brother to draw from, who is labeled a bust. You put all that together and you have yourself a QB that:

1- Is mentally rounded. he's mentally tough. Carr remained grounded even through complications with his child.

2- Can make any throw on a football field, just watch the tape for conformation. He puts the ball through NFL windows.

3- He is a leader amongst men. Men will play for him because his demeanor calls out for that. It calls for you to go all out. My cousin is like this, many of us know a guy like this, a guy that if he asks something of you, you just do it, mostly because you know that he'd do it for you.

4- The young man has played in some games. He a senior, he's here- I just found this... http://sunnyside.kmph.com/news/sports-recreation/254383-carr-receive-cfpa-elite-qb-trophy

Senior quarterback is the second Bulldog to earn CFPA honors FRESNO, Calif. - The College Football Performance Awards announced Friday that Fresno State senior quarterback Derek Carr will receive the 2013 CFPA Elite Quarterback Trophy, which will be presented to him at Saturday's home men's basketball game vs. UC Merced at 4 p.m. Carr earned the honor for his career performance over the past three seasons and is the second Fresno State player to earn CFPA honors, following 2012 CFPA Defensive Back Trophy winner Phillip Thomas. The 2013 CFPA Elite Quarterback Back Trophy is a 22" optic crystal tower with 8" optic crystal football on top. The goal of College Football Performance Awards is to provide the most scientifically rigorous conferments in college football. All recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. Twenty-one CFPA winners have been first round NFL Draft selections.

... Now that's pretty cool. I'm telling you, there is something about this young man that screams- FRANCHISE QB. He will be the next Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Brett Farve(his idol). We have a prime opportunity to finally seal the deal at QB and I think we should just pull the trigger. Draft places and spots be damned, how many have we already burned? Let finish this once and for all.

With Tanney you have a guy that has fun with the football. He's the comedic relief if you will, trick shots and all. It would probably make for a fun QB unit. Tanny is also competitive. I see this as a world class group of guys that could really embrace their places and flourish as a group.

PGizz: I am not going to touch what you are ejaculating with a ten foot pole.

Half the reason I come here is to read up on PG's posts about the players he's infatuated with.

That's half the reason I stay away.

We are going to hear about Carr breaking down on a country road and never being seen again.

...except by Colt McCoy and Trent Richardson, who also now live the rest of their lives in a basement in the middle of the Ohio wilderness.

The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

His favorite player is Brett Farve, also wears 4.

The big Mistake would be to select some bum in place of DC.

It cannot be coincidence. His number is also 4. We pick 4th overall. IV is 4. His is generally considered the number 4 QB from this draft.

He is the best kept secret. Don't be fooled dawgs. He is the QB we've been waiting for. God works in mysterious ways.

God works in non-existent ways.

I don't know if anyone has a real read on Carr... If he's the next Jay Cutler (as he's touted), that's a BAD pick at fourth overall.

His favorite player is Brett Farve, also wears 4.

His favorite color is Blue.

He enjoys long walks on the beach, warm puppies and positive people.

His dislikes are broccoli and negative people.

Zombo

God has no worries. Good things come to those who wait. We've been through enough as Browns fans. The sun has to come out sometime.

No shit sherlock.

Why did you respond STFU then.

I just assumed that's what you meant, but apparently you're too stupid to represent any of your ideas in a logical way.

Unless you think Carr's worth #4 overall?

Please elaborate.

If and when the Browns draft Carr, then I will be all for him. The same applies to anyone else they may select. Bortles/JM etc.

Worry me with all this nonsense when we have actually chosen someone. None of these guys is generally considered to be as good as even Brandon Weeden when he was coming out of college...by real scouts.

So I see no reason to get excited by someone who may be the next Brandon Weeden.

Why did you respond STFU then.

I just assumed that's what you meant, but apparently you're too stupid to represent any of your ideas in a logical way.

Unless you think Carr's worth #4 overall?

Please elaborate.

Actually, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinions on here or anywhere.

Archived