THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Reinstated with 4 Game Suspension

Zombo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like many of us were correct. Josh's meeting with the commissioner was indeed positive, and he has satisfied the demands of the NFL office. This is absolutely key for many reasons.

One, it proves that Josh was serious about his future. Although we don't have any idea WHAT was asked of him, I believe it's safe to assume that it was extensive. He was absent from social media, probably attended rehab, met with clinicians, and passed his drug tests. He was given directions and he FOLLOWED THEM. Can he do that all year or perhaps longer? Who the hell knows, but right now, let's celebrate this victory. And yes, it's a VICTORY.

Hue Jackson has worked with several NFL players who experienced difficulty with conforming to the NFL rules and regulations. Did anyone in the world really believe that Pacman Jones could keep it on the straight and narrow? I know I didn't. Hue Jackson worked with him, and while I'm sure he wasn't solely responsible for the turnaround, I'm guessing he helped.

A four game suspension is a big deal, and it still hurts. No doubt about it. However, Gordon still gets to participate in training camp, and he gets to play in the preseason. I honestly CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Yes, Gordon will be behind because he didn't get to attend OTA's or minicamp, but he'll be in camp for day 1. That's insanity. I thought it'd be a couple weeks...if at all. And here we are...with Josh Gordon back for training camp. Probably in decent shape, but obviously not football shape. But Josh is a freak of nature, and I'm betting he'll be quick to get back to where he needs to be. Never forget, Josh did his best when he was surrounded by football and with the team. He has several close friends on the team, and I'm willing to be he hits it off with our new coach.

This is great news everyone.

I hope Hue pushes him harder than he's pushing Campbell.

If Hue lets Gordon move in with him, even at age 25, Gordon's career will be restored.

What Josh needs is a father figure, for the first time in his life -- someone to hold him accountable, to set and enforce a curfew, etc.

Reinstated and suspended.

I don't know why, but that's funny to me.

Call it a lifetime doper achievement award.

WTF do they mean a "4 game suspension"? WTF was this whole last year or more? He was suspended.........call it a 4 game extension of his suspension.

Don't be so fucking disingenuous.

On this I agree with ya Gip. It's a "conditional reinstatement." MHO is he's already been punished plenty- cost himself million$$. He can do full training camp activities, play in the preseason, but not practice or play in the first 4 games, though attend team meetings. Rodger the Dodger wants to be sure he can keep himself clean. Call it the carrot & the stick approach. He gave Josh the carrot (preseason). Now prove you can be a good little (partially) suspended player for a month (stick). Gordon just entered the Last Chance Saloon- and he can't have a drink there. Fer sure, he screws this one up- he's done- permanently- and Josh HAS to know that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676568/article/josh-gordon-reinstated-will-be-suspended-four-games

WTF do they mean a "4 game suspension"? WTF was this whole last year or more? He was suspended.........call it a 4 game extension of his suspension.

Don't be so fucking disingenuous.

The Oprah theory. Brady You get 4 Games, Bell you get 4 games, Gordon you get 4 games..only thought would be Bell had no shows in multi-pal test. Gordon had 1 diluted test in multi-pal test for 4 games? Good on Roger to get it done early & giving him a Camp..As we all have seen before. Today is Gordon's good day. He faces 20 or more drug test before Pats kickoff. Mandatory meeting & a Big talk with new FO. You would think before Camp Friday? Fat, drunk & stupid could go Talented,Rich & lost it all to weed at any point..Good Luck Josh Gordon!!

This is actually quite good news.....and QUITE unexpected (by me anyway).

So now he can be evaluated in training camp.

(I'm over-the-top surprised by this)

This is actually quite good news.....and QUITE unexpected (by me anyway).

So now he can be evaluated in training camp.

(I'm over-the-top surprised by this)

Just don't pull a hammie. As to learning the playbook. We have 3 plays for you Josh. 12 fly left, 12 fly right, 12 fly center.

That he's previously worked with RG III extensively is a big +.

The lump of coal in our stocking is, Gordon is going to cost us one of those WR's we stocked up on and then he will shit the bed again, get a life time ban and then we are out 2 good players. I wish we would just sever ties with the kid. He's been given enough chances that dates all the way back to college, why will this time be any different?

The lump of coal in our stocking is, Gordon is going to cost us one of those WR's we stocked up on and then he will shit the bed again, get a life time ban and then we are out 2 good players. I wish we would just sever ties with the kid. He's been given enough chances that dates all the way back to college, why will this time be any different?

Don't be so damn negative.

Hmmmm.... we drafted 4 wrs do you really think they're all going to stick? One for sure to the practice squad- if you're right and Gordon gets a permanent ban, that guy will just get promoted to the regular roster.

Of the 2016 draft picks, only Coleman is vaguely in Gordon's class as a potential WR. The Browns threw a lot of mud on the wall at receivers in the draft, hoping some of it sticks. I just counted- with Gordon on board, we have 12 guys (13, if you want to count Devalve) vying for at most 6 spots. So plenty of players are going to get kicked to the curb.

IIRC- Gordon is the only Browns receiver to ever lead the league in yards, and he did that in 14 games. You just don't flush that kind of talent without giving him a final chance. And this time it is a FINAL chance.

I (can't) believe I had this one...

#SUCKONITGHOOLIE!

Reinstated and suspended.

Yeah... just seems dumb to interject a month with no support system...

Not until the start of Week 5... gives us even more evaluation time... depth in case of injury...

Yeah... just seems dumb to interject a month with no support system...

I believe he's allowed to be with the team during his suspension this time. He just can't practice or play in games..

I think I hear Haslam's voice on this one.

"Roger you holding him out unticl Oct. 1st is hanging us out to dry here. We drafted WR's! How are we supposed to know if Josh is any damned good anymore?"

Roger, "I'll let him back in for training camp & pre-season. But he's suspended for the regular season until October."

I believe he's allowed to be with the team during his suspension this time. He just can't practice or play in games.

Yes he can. He can do everything except play in the first four games. It's a break for him actually. He gets to join camp and get in game shape and learn and PLIPPING BURN!!!!!!!

Yes, Tour, you gave me hope the other day with your post, and today it came to fruition.

The key, to me, is that he is a full participant in camp and preseason games. Then he misses the first four games only ... sort of a "planned pulled hamstring". Without the actual injury.

I was prepared to go the whole season without him, or have him dropped on us halfway through the season (or week 10 again) with no camp with RG3 and the the other QBs in the new offense. That would have been a disaster.

Now we should have Gordon and Coleman together for 12 games down the stretch and postseason.

And the young guys will be prepared to be a big part of the gameplan from the beginning, that is not such a bad thing.

I am still intrigued to see the young guns and see who emerges out of Lewis, Payton and Higgins. (Although let's face it, I have Hollywood Higgins penciled in as our possession receiver for the next nine years).

Zombo

Well, they reinstated him. I hope he really becomes all he could have been.

and I hope he doesn't sue the Browns over being suspended that one time....

Too bad AJ Stamps. Now you got to get them Food Stamps.

Stamps could go back to Kentucky & room with NT Matt Elam 6'7" 360lbs. He's for damn sure got some food ;). Watch this monster if you see tucky on TV..

AJ Stamps DB/S from Kentucky was waived to get us back to 90 man roster with Gordon back..Good Luck AJ Stamps

Never to be heard from again.... I'll take that back- with a name like that, a job in the Post Office beckons.....

PS- it means they've moved Gordon to the active roster.

So do we have to make a cut?

I believe he's allowed to be with the team during his suspension this time. He just can't practice or play in games..

Yes he can. He can do everything except play in the first four games. It's a break for him actually. He gets to join camp and get in game shape and learn and PLIPPING BURN!!!!!!!

Great news! And different from any past suspension I know of...

Does he count against the roster?

Yes, Tour, you gave me hope the other day with your post, and today it came to fruition.

Now we should have Gordon and Coleman together for 12 games down the stretch and postseason.

Hey... it's what I do... spread sunshine wherever I may go...

But now I have to cut you off... you're getting carried away...

"Playoffs? Don't talk about Playoffs!"

Archived