THE BROWNS BOARD

FCC says Redskins name not offensive - End of the PC BS

DieHardBrownsFan

FCC says Redskins name not offensive

Published December 19, 2014

The Federal Communications Commission dismissed a petition Thursday to deny renewal of WWXX-FM's broadcast license because it's the flagship radio station of the NFL's Washington Redskins, whose name has come under fire by some who see it as a derogatory term for Native Americans.

The petition claimed repeated use of the word "Redskins" violates rules against indecent content.

ADVERTISEMENT

But the FCC said that the law defines profanity as sexual or excretory in nature — meanings that don't relate to the name of the football team.

Many Native American and other groups consider "Redskins" to be a racial slur and have demanded that owner Dan Snyder change the name. Snyder has vowed to keep it, despite mounting pressure over the past two years.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Are you sensitive about your weight woody? You deny it pretty vehemently

Do I? My bad.

I just find being called fat funny. I've played soccer my whole life, so I've never been fat. Hell, at least scrawny would be closer I guess lol, though not right.

Keep it up, even though your obsession with my appearance is a little weird...

Do I? My bad.

I just find being called fat funny. I've played soccer my whole life, so I've never been fat. Hell, at least scrawny would be closer I guess lol, though not right.

Keep it up, even though your obsession with my appearance is a little weird...

I don't give a flying fuck what you look like. I've never bothered to care except when you and diehard do your little dance

Archived