THE BROWNS BOARD

University of Michigan professor: I hate Republicans.

WalterWhite

Well, that was dumb of her to say. It said I the article she got threats on her life and safety though... Geez.

That does open the door to lawsuits though. I'm sure something will come of it. I have read what she wrote but it looks like the press is already rolling with this.b

FYI, since some here seem to have a shiity idea of how college works 1) I have no idea who this is 2) this isn't representative of all professors 3) something like this wouldn't be isolated at just Michigan.

"Editor's note: This article was originally titled “We Can't All Just Get Along” in the print version of the magazine. The title was then changed, without the author's knowledge or approval, to “It's Okay to Hate Republicans.” The author rejects the online title as not representative of the piece or its main points. Her preferred title has been restored. We have also removed from the “Comments” section all threats to the author's life and personal safety."

That is at the top of her article.

Really, if you read it, it isn't as bad as some articles make it seem. She's clearly liberal though and I could easily see how this opens the university up to lawsuits and what not. We'll have to see what happens

(FYI, there are things she described in her article that I notice on this board)

Same rule applies as that fire chief. That dumb shit is leaving the university open to a lawsuit because somebody got a bad grade in her course and had worn something identifying themself as a supporter of the GOP.

I agree. I don't think what she said is necessarily as bad as "all gays are sinners and vulgar" or whatever, but the effect on the university could be the same. She's free to write whatever she wants, but as a public figure, she isn't free from consequence.

My nephew was attending Twinsburg High his freshman year. One day his Math teacher called all republicans idiots. My nephew now attend Walsh Jesuit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/steve-latourette-gop_n_2410315.html

Well, the math teacher was wrong about "all" republicans, he probably meant "most."

Well, if you are a Republican and you think having McConnel become Senate Majority Leader, and leaving John Boner as Speaker of the House will net positive results, you might be somewhat delusional. That's probably not the angle she's looking at, though.

I agree. I don't think what she said is necessarily as bad as "all gays are sinners and vulgar" or whatever, but the effect on the university could be the same. She's free to write whatever she wants, but as a public figure, she isn't free from consequence.

According to the Bible, only Christ never sinned. All people sin. Therefore, all gays are sinners. There is open condemnation of man-man and woman-woman sex in the bible, so if you approach it from that POV you are then correct.

An aside would be that any church that is removing the stigma of homosex is moving away from the Bible.

This has to be Woody all along. I hope she is forced to resign. She looks like a worthless unfuckable skeleton too.

Liberal women are all ugly as fuck..

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2014/12/18/michigan-professor-republicans/20580167/

I don't know that all liberal women are ugly, but this one sure is. YIKES

According to the Bible, only Christ never sinned. All people sin. Therefore, all gays are sinners. There is open condemnation of man-man and woman-woman sex in the bible, so if you approach it from that POV you are then correct.

An aside would be that any church that is removing the stigma of homosex is moving away from the Bible.

homosex?

I guess more accurate terms would be to say thinking gay would be a sin. Point was, I didn't think the two statements were equal.

But you're right. It's just words in a story book from centuries ago that's been edited and translated numerous times. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

When I was doing my first confession, and the priest put his hand up to bless me at the end, I gave him a high five. It was downhill from there lol

You were lucky, some boys got the low five

Archived