THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Police demanding apology from Browns for Hawkins shirt

WalterWhite

Jeesh this stuff is getting ridiculous.

Tamir Rice was pointing an air gun that was made to look like a real gun, all black at many bystanders in a park - then pointed it at an officer responding from a 911 call if I understand it correctly? I don't think it's all that crazy that the officer shot him if he believed it was a real firearm. Shouldn't have been doing it in the first place...

Don't wanna be quick to judge or anything but meh. The parents are pushing for a payday by suing the city and 2 cops, they'll probably get it.

really?Hawkins had to let us know that he is just another self-centered, ignorant

little thug?

With the emphasis on IGNORANT ?

He did his own little protest over another false premise "pretend we're all innocent victims" crap.

Hey, Hawkins, the kid was pointing a perfectly real looking pistol at people.

The gun had the red warning cap taken off. I don't believe it just fell off.

And when the police showed up, the stupid, "i want to be a thug gangster" kid

not only refused to listen to put his hands up, HE PULLED OUT HIS GUN FROM HIS WAISTBAND

AND WENT TO POINT IT AT THE POLICE.

Seriously, Andrew Hawkins? You are just another stupid guy who has no idea

about consequences of your actions? What do you think would happen, if you went

into a mall, and started pointing your gun at people, and then when the police show up,

you are so stupid, you think it's funny to draw and go to point your gun at the police...

I mean, some twelve year old kids are taller than you. I'm not upset that you had an IGNORANT

opinion, but you let us know that the game, the city, the Browns, the fans aren't important

because YOU want to be some kind of ignorant "hero" to your black entitlement subculture.

Yes, Hawkins, you think it's all about you. And your black gangsta rap attitude, ...

no wonder - though - you used to play for the Bengals. Which is the team our Browns

were playing. And the Rams - and whoever in the Canadian football league.

I reckon when you are a punk, you're a punk wherever you go.

I hope the NFL suspends you for the rest of the season. BTW,

one former player was talking about how you receivers didn't give

Manziel any help out there.

At least Josh Gordon didn't join you in your "who gives a damn about

anything else but me" protest.

Of course, you think several tens of thousands of fans pay for tickets,

drive all that way, tailgate for hours before the game, just to watch

YOU look like a moron for protesting a police shooting injustice that never happened?

The police were supposed to take a leap of faith and die, never making it back

home to the their families, because....

what? because you are black?

Asshole.

nfl_g_hawkins_300x300.jpg

I thought his words were perfect in a American right to protest. With a reason behind why he thought he was right to protest, not like most of Rams players. Give's his believes that most American's would agree with. Thank You Hawk and Proud to be a lifetime Browns Fan..

"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."-Thomas Paine

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2014/12/16/3604126/andrew-hawkins/

I'd shake his hand.

the police in all these cases handled the situations wrong. and i'm pro-police and military so don't jump down my throat.

ferguson: the thug approaches your car (which you are in) and you feel threatened. back the fuck up and call for assistance. no one hurt people arrested.

cleveland: why did the cops pull up in their car within 5 ft. of the kid? you're literally giving yourself no time to react if the kid/person DID have a real gun. stupid stupid move. pull up on the out skirts of the park, get on your bullhorn, and tell him to drop his fake-ass gun. no one hurt. people arrested.

new york: the police knew this guy. he wasn't going anywhere but lord knows the NYPD has GOTTA CRACK DOWN ON THE PEOPLE SELLING LOOSIES BECAUSE THEY'RE TAKING AWAY TAX DOLLARS BLAH BLAH BLAH and they don't have any other important things to do...so because someone is video taping you, you go full ballistic and take down a 500 lb dude who could hardly breathe in the first place and put your knee on his neck planting all your weight on it when all you had to do is just tell the guy to put his hands behind his back if he refused, so what. you wait him out. that cop should be behind bars. steroided-out guido. and then after the guy's on the ground in cardiac arrest the cops do nothing to help him.

sorry, there's a better way.

nonsense. Police should have parked their car away from the site of the 911 emergency call, and

slowly and softly sashayed their way to the guy with the gun?

Same thing would have happened. If he'd have had a real gun.....

Slow response? ("that's RACIST"). Too quick to respond? ("that's RACIST").

This would and should be on the political board, except Hawkins' stupid protest,

based on a fallacy.

Now wonder the Browns lost, with that distraction. You show me a REAL abuse of power

by any policeman, and there are bad ones out there... and I'm with Hawkins. Except,

just because you're one of many on a stage, doesn't mean you alone own the stage.

I WAS a big Hawkins fan. No more.

but now is in the poltico forum so here goes my take...

Tamir Rice case has the most legitimate reason for an outright - outrage

even though I think it was both a tragic loss of a life, and unfortunate and justifiable response by the police...

but a bad decision to drive right up on the scene like that.... shoot first then wonder what happened.

but then - where are the race mongers? this hardly gets any attention nationally like the hoax in Ferguson.

This kind of bullshit doesn't belong on a Browns board

Hawkins was 100% wrong for bringing political garbage into the Browns house

And you're just as wrong for doing the same

I don't care one cent about HIS politcal agenda....or yours..... Manzier

I went and made a stupid, but emotional display when I was supposed\

to be taking the field to play wr for the Browns? WHAT?

Dang, I missed that. There is no political agenda. I wanted the Browns to go out and play football,

not for Hawkins to play footsie with a subculture that thinks that slavery is a good excuse to be completely

irresponsible. It's a sad, hideous tragedy. But to blame the police who only showed up because they got a 911

emergency call, only to have a guy draw and point his gun at them...

maybe I'm missing something here....?

This kind of bullshit doesn't belong on a Browns board

Hawkins was 100% wrong for bringing political garbage into the Browns house

And you're just as wrong for doing the same

I don't care one cent about HIS politcal agenda....or yours..... Manzier

I went and made a stupid, but emotional display when I was supposed\

to be taking the field to play wr for the Browns? WHAT?

Dang, I missed that. There is no political agenda. I wanted the Browns to go out and play football,

not for Hawkins to play footsie with a subculture that thinks that slavery is a good excuse to be completely

irresponsible. It's a sad, hideous tragedy. But to blame the police who only showed up because they got a 911

emergency call, only to have a guy draw and point his gun at them...

maybe I'm missing something here....?

It's easier to point back in history to over a 100 years ago and blame ancestors that no one even remember than to take responsibility for raising your children properly.

The Tamir Rice case is insane - thats where ppl should be protesting, not Ferguson.

Fuck that head of police demanding an apology. Your officer hopped a curb in his squad car at a playground and started blasting within 5 seconds of arriving on the scene. Let's pretend the gun was real; you're not going after Jason Bourne, Noah Vosen... it's a 12 yr old kid. I would hope that having 2 trained officers on the scene would have been enough of a force multiplier had the kid not complied with orders to drop the gun.

I've got to agree Tamir Rice's death is much more tragic and preventable than brown's. After having seen the video yeah the kid shouldn't have been pointing that thing around and yeah his parent did a shitty job. Surprise he's got six siblings and as far as I've heard no dad, but that cop was still out of line.

The Tamir Rice case is insane - thats where ppl should be protesting, not Ferguson.

Fuck that head of police demanding an apology. Your officer hopped a curb in his squad car at a playground and started blasting within 5 seconds of arriving on the scene. Let's pretend the gun was real; you're not going after Jason Bourne, Noah Vosen... it's a 12 yr old kid. I would hope that having 2 trained officers on the scene would have been enough of a force multiplier had the kid not complied with orders to drop the gun.

I agree to a certain point. But a bullet can kill you regardless of the age of the shooter.

All parties made bad choices and unfortunately the consequences were dire.

I played with plenty of toy guns as a kid. I cut off the orange tip too. But I knew not to go around on public playing gangster. Its unfortunate this happened.

Whoa. Back the truck up. Logic, that changes everything.

Now, a police officer is a former head case?

What the ?

Doesn't excuse Hawkins. But the officer had serious issues....

bad, bad, bad.

Now, it's more a case of an officer than should NOT be,

and a dept that failed to vet a hiree.That's gross negligence,

resulting in a knee jerk reaction, maybe.

But, the kid did draw on him, so the gangsta subculture is also complicit in

this tragedy.

But the 911 call didn't say "kid" and didn't say "fake gun" ...

And Hawkins is still a punk for distracting right before a game.

Archived