THE BROWNS BOARD

The afterlife

Westside Steve

So of course we don't know and I don't think there are very many really religious people here, but who knows?

Let's say that there is an afterlife of some kind, meaning not just boom out go the lights. What do you think it might be and what would you like it to be? I think it would be cool to be able to go to places in history or even places in fiction.

Maybe hanging around with the Rat Pack in the late forties early sixties? How about with the Beatles in Liverpool 1961 or 62?

What about somewhere in Middle Earth? Or the Wild West? Or Camelot?

So if anybody's bored that's two questions. What do you think it will be and what would you like it to be?

WSS

You are in the everlasting and you're hanging around with Walter?

Dude the guy drinks Miller Lite.....

WSS

If I'm buying.... it won't be Miller Lite

It must surely be a different experience for everyone. Assuming I die and go to heaven, I don't want it to be as the 100-year-old body I'd be in at the time, I want to come back as the best version of myself - the young, handsome guy I am currently, for example.

Then, I want to see my parents there, but I'd want to see them as I know them - seeing my parents at my age would be just weird. So, I see them at 50-60 years old, yet, when they die and go to heaven, they are there as the 'best version' of themselves, at age 30 or whatever.

So, if there is a heaven - that isn't like some space/time travelling Dr Who series for life - then it would have to exist on an infinite number of planes, one for each person who goes to heaven.

As for what it's like, I do like the idea of being able to visit different points in time around the world, being able to look up people you want to hang out with (like Jesus and George Carlin?) and stuff like that. But then it's probably different for most people. I'm sure for some, their version of heaven is being in a boat on their own with a box of beers and a fishing rod. For others it's going to be sitting around with grandchildren and playing games with them.

Yeah Chris it would be fun to just be come unstuck in time like Billy Pilgrim.

If, of course, you got to go to cool places! And see cool people.

When my pop passed on all he wanted to do will see my mother who died almost 60 years ago when I was a child. Both the mainstream ministers, well one man's dream and one fundamentalist, told him that was a different type of thing. And people didn't relate to each other like they do here. I called my friend whom I met, a Mormon missionary when he was travelling through Ohio.

He assured me that they would meet and be happy in perfect health. My dad liked that idea.

Also even if you aren't a Mormon you get that same treatment and then given the choice to sign up. After death. Sounds like a good deal.

WSS

Laura Nyro wrote a "CLASSIC" song about this topic

It's called "And when I die"

It was covered by Peter,Paul, and Mary.

And it was made famous by Blood, Sweat, and Tears

It is a GREAT song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-gwb8eSc0

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, u are wasting your time ,There is no Afterlife, No reincarnation and there is no heaven, and no hell. You live until u die and then that's the end of you. Your soul evaporates and your body breaks down and goes back the to the earth.The Universe we live in verify's what i am saying. You and me are just not that important aginst the grand scheme of the universe. Sorry.

Sorry, u are wasting your time ,There is no Afterlife, No reincarnation and there is no heaven, and no hell. You live until u die and then that's the end of you. Your soul evaporates and your body breaks down and goes back the to the earth.The Universe we live in verify's what i am saying. You and me are just not that important aginst the grand scheme of the universe. Sorry.

Well I usually disregard the opinion of anyone who can't take the time to spell out "you" and this time is no exception.

Archived