THE BROWNS BOARD

Return to manned space flights

sadbrownsfan

Education should be free anyway.

It already is up through grade 12. And still look at all the functional illiteracy there is. I say spend the money on more police and throw people in jail that don't study hard enough. How's that sound? Mandatory education requirements or slave labor!

Win win.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...

In the very long term - yes. However, the moon's much closer, and therefore cheaper to traffic things back to Earth, so you can bet that the moon will be the location of the first extraterrestrial base.

Can't argue with that. If they have crafts that can land and take off again without being launched the moon would make a handy waystation.

Well, I prefer an asteroid traveling in our immediate part of our solar system,

so we could mine it for rare earth minerals, and cool gems, then when

the asteroid orbits around closer to earth, all they would have to do is

shoot it to the earth.

I should have been a scientist...

But seriously, the mars rover, I read, has found indications of a lake.......

we need some amazing, futuristic propulsion system that can warp ten.

Like, at least half of light speed. Which about 186,000 something per second. Feet or yards....

I think it was.

Why not use the moon as the testing ground for all the techology that will be needed to colonize Mars. How do we even know we

have the basic power systems needed to do it? Think of all the questions about radiation traveling to and from Mars. This will have

to be an international effort. All the best minds on earth will have to come together for this to happen.......just like in the movies.

Traveling to Mars and back does not to be a suicide mission. Would you want be on that first flight?

Why not use the moon as the testing ground for all the techology that will be needed to colonize Mars. How do we even know we

have the basic power systems needed to do it? Think of all the questions about radiation traveling to and from Mars. This will have

to be an international effort. All the best minds on earth will have to come together for this to happen.......just like in the movies.

Traveling to Mars and back does not to be a suicide mission. Would you want be on that first flight?

I'm sure that NASA has the expertise to make it happen.

Archived