THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Ohio Highschool Football Season

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think if some of these failing public school had a different infrastructure or different source of funding they would improve on and off the field?

And yes Massillon is a mess.

Well, you get into a whole other morass when you get into school funding methods. The Ohio Supreme Court declared the current method of school financing unconstitutional like 20 years ago.....and nothing has been done since.

I know they're different. But don't they have the massive indoor facility? Was that donated by some outside source? If not (and it was the community that paid for it), then I think it's fair to say there are a decent amount of resources there, so I don't get it. There are lots of towns in Texas that have been ravaged by this and that but have still kept their football tradition.

I know they're different. But don't they have the massive indoor facility? Was that donated by some outside source? If not (and it was the community that paid for it), then I think it's fair to say there are a decent amount of resources there, so I don't get it. There are lots of towns in Texas that have been ravaged by this and that but have still kept their football tradition.

I am not sure about Massillon's indoor facilities. I have never actually been to the school itself. Massillon Tiger Stadium is huge though.....seats at least 25-30K. They have often held the Ohio HS championship games there ...along with Canton Fawcett Stadium.

Which, by the way, I understand is being completely rebuilt.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/akron-canton-news/234-million-plan-in-the-works-to-rebuild-fawcett-stadium-site-of-hall-of-fame-football-game

Yep. Longest winning streak in Texas 5A/6A history. In 2012 Allen put sophomore QB Kyler Murray in in the 4th or 5th game because they were struggling. They lost that night but Murray went on to go 43-0 as a starter. Pretty much the undisputed greatest Texas HS player of all time.

The streak continued without Murray with a 14-0 start this year, but my Chaps took it to them Friday night. 23-17 final and it was 23-3 going into the 4th. I just hope we don't have an emotional hangover at the state championship Saturday.

Yep. Longest winning streak in Texas 5A/6A history. In 2012 Allen put sophomore QB Kyler Murray in in the 4th or 5th game because they were struggling. They lost that night but Murray went on to go 43-0 as a starter. Pretty much the undisputed greatest Texas HS player of all time.

The streak continued without Murray with a 14-0 start this year, but my Chaps took it to them Friday night. 23-17 final and it was 23-3 going into the 4th. I just hope we don't have an emotional hangover at the state championship Saturday.

A. We? Who are "we"?

B. What happened to this Kyle Murray....I assume he is in college now? Where?

(FYI, last month I was in Odessa, saw Permian's field and the school....also Odessa HS...where the cheerleader was saved.)

My alma mater.

He's a true freshman at A&M (his dad was Kevin Murray who you may remember as he threw 5 picks against the Buckeyes in the 1986 Cotton Bowl). Started 3 games this year. And since our starting QB just transferred, he will likely start the bowl game and start next year. But he's about 5'8" 175. If this year is any indication, he won't hold up in college.

What'd you think of Ratcliffe? I need to go to a game there badly. Midland seems, from a distance, to be a cool town. Small town feel but pretty wealthy. Odessa appears to be a bit rough.

My alma mater.

He's a true freshman at A&M (his dad was Kevin Murray who you may remember as he threw 5 picks against the Buckeyes in the 1986 Cotton Bowl). Started 3 games this year. And since our starting QB just transferred, he will likely start the bowl game and start next year. But he's about 5'8" 175. If this year is any indication, he won't hold up in college.

5'8"? Oi

What'd you think of Ratcliffe? I need to go to a game there badly. Midland seems, from a distance, to be a cool town. Small town feel but pretty wealthy. Odessa appears to be a bit rough.

Its big for a HS stadium.....and they have it guarded like its a prison.

And you are right about Midland/Odessa. I thought it would be the other way around.

Odessa is nothing like what is depicted in Heroes. Very spread out, poorer than I thought, and seemingly a bit run down....at least its Downtown area.

Yes, 5'8" and there's rumors he's going to transfer as well. Complete clown show in College Station. But that is beside the point.

Had you not seen Friday Night Lights? As far as I know, it was supposed to be a pretty accurate depiction of Odessa. The Friday Night Lights book also has the complete history of the city in one of the chapters.

Yes, 5'8" and there's rumors he's going to transfer as well. Complete clown show in College Station. But that is beside the point.

Had you not seen Friday Night Lights? As far as I know, it was supposed to be a pretty accurate depiction of Odessa. The Friday Night Lights book also has the complete history of the city in one of the chapters.

Actually, no, I have only seen snippets of FNL.....though I hear that it was supposed to be good. Have not read the book either.

But its still cool....even if I haven't seen or read it.

Katy is one of the best teams I've ever seen. I believe they only gave up about 55 points all year (16 games). In the state game, Lake Travis had -5 total yards at halftime.

Sadly, my school fell to 1-7 in state championship games. I don't know how that's possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Katy is one of the best teams I've ever seen. I believe they only gave up about 55 points all year (16 games). In the state game, Lake Travis had -5 total yards at halftime.

Sadly, my school fell to 1-7 in state championship games. I don't know how that's possible.

This is the OHIO high school football forum

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Kamalarry said:

Now that all the area schools have their head coaches in place, any predictions for the upcoming football season? Who will be contenders for conferences or sectionals and why?

Don't know, haven't given it much thought.   What are your views?