THE BROWNS BOARD

The Tribe – The Real Lead Sports Story In Town

tampadawgs

Since the MODS moved this to where all threads Die, in the Tribe board, I put the Browns in this that way it has teh Browns init so they will not move it!!!

ok so you say people do not go to Tribe games because they do not like the owner. OK Lets look at Cleveland sports as a whole

Most will agree that everyone loves Dan Gilbert as a owner of the Cavs, and most people do not like the Dolens or the Lerner family ( The Haslems just took over so they can not count )

So by what you said the Cavs should be the Number 1 team in Cleveland

Cavs

78.7% Full at 16,192 a game

Browns

91% full at 66,632 a game

Tribe

33.6% full at 14,614 a game

Now I know everyone loves teh Browns, but the Lerners have fucked Cleveland every which way and people still show up!!! They have been the laughing stock of the NFL of the past 10 years...

What helps the Cavs is having Lebron for 7 yrs and then Irving the past couple years, but the Cavs have been shit since Lebron left!!!!!

Tribe, again have not been good in a while. I agree they have put a piss pour line-up out there over the past 3-4years. People bitch that we did not spend money. So, what do they do. They hire the best coach any Cleveland team has had in 20years, sign big name players in Swisher, Bourne. and Reynolds. To go along with Acab, Santana, Kipnis, Brantly, and trade for Stubbs. They aready had one of the best bullpens in baseball.

So over the past year it is the Indians who are trying t o win over the fans and bring in players that people want to watch. What have the Browns and Cavs done. Browns spent alot of Money on a D-line and coaching with a owner who might have to give up the team. The Cavs have been in rebuilding mode for 3yrs, NBA has 3 maybe 4 teams that can win it and the Cavs are not one. The NFL is all about the QB, you think Weeden will lead us to the SuperBowl??? The Tribe with there line-up and bullpen plus if the starting pitching just maintains they have a great chance to win the World Series this year!!!! So everyone bitched about the Dolons not spending money and they spend it and you still bitch. Makes no sense because the Browns have been a bigger shit team than the tribe has been, plus Teh Jale is one of the best ballparks to watch a game in!!!!

All I am saying is Support the Tribe!!! These players are giving you everything they got, and alot of them did not play here over the past 3 years!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>

Since the MODS moved this to where all threads Die, in the Tribe board, I put the Browns in this that way it has teh Browns init so they will not move it!!!

ok so you say people do not go to Tribe games because they do not like the owner. OK Lets look at Cleveland sports as a whole

Most will agree that everyone loves Dan Gilbert as a owner of the Cavs, and most people do not like the Dolens or the Lerner family ( The Haslems just took over so they can not count )

Cavs

Browns

Tribe

Now I know everyone loves teh Browns, but the Lerners have fucked Cleveland every which way and people still show up!!! They have been the laughing stock of the NFL of the past 10 years...

What helps the Cavs is having Lebron for 7 yrs and then Irving the past couple years, but the Cavs have been shit since Lebron left!!!!!

Tribe, again have not been good in a while. I agree they have put a piss pour line-up out there over the past 3-4years. People bitch that we did not spend money. So, what do they do. They hire the best coach any Cleveland team has had in 20years, sign big name players in Swisher, Bourne. and Reynolds. To go along with Acab, Santana, Kipnis, Brantly, and trade for Stubbs. They aready had one of the best bullpens in baseball.

So over the past year it is the Indians who are trying t o win over the fans and bring in players that people want to watch. What have the Browns and Cavs done. Browns spent alot of Money on a D-line and coaching with a owner who might have to give up the team. The Cavs have been in rebuilding mode for 3yrs, NBA has 3 maybe 4 teams that can win it and the Cavs are not one. The NFL is all about the QB, you think Weeden will lead us to the SuperBowl??? The Tribe with there line-up and bullpen plus if the starting pitching just maintains they have a great chance to win the World Series this year!!!! So everyone bitched about the Dolons not spending money and they spend it and you still bitch. Makes no sense because the Browns have been a bigger shit team than the tribe has been, plus Teh Jale is one of the best ballparks to watch a game in!!!!

All I am saying is Support the Tribe!!! These players are giving you everything they got, and alot of them did not play here over the past 3 years!!!!

No

I gave you the answer when you posed it previously, go look that up....but to boil it down to a nutshell:

A. This is a football/Browns town and that team will always have support, no matter how bad it is (obviously). It is an intangible thing.

B. Basketball, the NBA has a specific demographic that will support it to a degree.

C. The Tribe plays more games and has always had to rely on the quality of the product on the field for maximum support. The Dolans have fostered ill will with the general public....and that ill will is not going away because of something the team does in May.

When and if they are in a real pennant race..toward the end of the season, then the fans will tear down the doors.

So, be patient.

And, by the way, FYI, resentment toward the success of the Cleveland Indians back in 1995 was one of THE primary reasons Art Modell decided to try to move the Browns. That's a fact.

I gave you the answer when you posed it previously, go look that up....but to boil it down to a nutshell:

A. This is a football/Browns town and that team will always have support, no matter how bad it is (obviously). It is an intangible thing.

B. Basketball, the NBA has a specific demographic that will support it to a degree.

C. The Tribe plays more games and has always had to rely on the quality of the product on the field for maximum support. The Dolans have fostered ill will with the general public....and that ill will is not going away because of something the team does in May.

When and if they are in a real pennant race..toward the end of the season, then the fans will tear down the doors.

So, be patient.

You are correct bout the Tribe, Gipper. If things are the same in July, I'll be packing the boys up and navigating up the I-71 for a Cleveland baseball excursion. I would much rather spend my money in Cleveland than piss it away at The Nationwide Series race at Mid-Ohio this summer. Just like most, my recreational budget is not as fat as it once was, but I suppose that's a topic for a different forum.

And, by the way, FYI, resentment toward the success of the Cleveland Indians back in 1995 was one of THE primary reasons Art Modell decided to try to move the Browns. That's a fact.

Gipper I understand that the Browns are a "Football Town" is it really thou?? Because When the Cavs had Lebron it sure looked like a Basketball town to me, and the Tribe in the 90s look like a baseball town to me....

Is Detroit a Baseball town??? of a football town

What about Minnesota, Chicago..What is what???

What is Chicago 90s Basketball town, or Football

Point is that has no weight to at all!!!!

If you want to blame ownership than KNOWBODY should go to Browns games. Trust me I relize it is May about the Tribe, all I am saying they should not be LAST in attendence....

That's not even close to being a fact.

Gipper I understand that the Browns are a "Football Town" is it really thou?? Because When the Cavs had Lebron it sure looked like a Basketball town to me, and the Tribe in the 90s look like a baseball town to me....

If you want to blame ownership than KNOWBODY should go to Browns games. Trust me I relize it is May about the Tribe, all I am saying they should not be LAST in attendence....

Man this shit is hard to read

Man this shit is hard to read

Cleveland is a football town because it was April 2nd, right before the baseball season started that Colt Mccoy was traded and all anybody was talking about was the Browns despite the Tribe opening day. That was as telling a thing as I've ever seen when it comes to whether or not this is a football town.

Remember the first video game? The little ping pong ball that goes "bonkety.... bonkety....bonkety..........bonkety...bonkety"... ?

Trying to be interested in baseball and basketball is like that.

Football is a bunch of explosions in a chess game, where all-chess-pieces-move-at-the-same-time a whole bunch of times, with interesting resets between each

explosion..

That is why the Browns are far more popular, and "That's a fact, Jack ! " Uncle-Si-Robertson-from-Duck-Dynasty.jpg

I love my city. There is something special about our little community. We are all bound together by our misery. It is no secret that Cleveland is nationally viewed as a dying city, trying desperately to rebound. There are hundreds if not thousands of people here that do their best to promote programs to invigorate the town. The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is one that comes to mind. But if there is one thing that all born and raised Clevelanders share, its our passion for our local sports teams. No matter where we may live, we represent our teams, perhaps even more loudly if you don’t live here.

That’s one of the many things I love most about Cleveland and its residents, yet it is also one of the things that bothers me the most about them as well. Now before jumping all over me, hear me out.

I am 37 years old, so it is not as if I was born yesterday into this painful culture that is Cleveland sports. If you read this site regularly, you know I get it. I have zero illusions that this is anything other than a “Browns first” town. Anyone who doesn’t believe that notion must not have been paying attention over the last 13 years when the Browns were as close to the bottom of the NFL as you can get. Year after year, they pick in the top 10 and draft day is our Super Bowl.

The Browns have been to exactly one playoff game, which was 10 years ago, and they lost it after leading 33-21 with seven minutes to go against their hated rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have only had two, count ‘em, two winning seasons since the return in 1999. And it is not like either of those seasons were division titles with 12-4, 13-3 records. The 2002 team snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 with a last game goal line stand against Atlanta and received help from two different places to make their “new era” playoff debut. The 2007 Browns, while 10-6, were the beneficiaries of a soft schedule where they beat just one team with a winning record – the Seattle Seahawks, at home, in overtime.

But no matter what happens. No matter how bad they are, no matter how many regime changes they have, no matter how inept the head coach may be (yes, I am singling you out, Pat Shurmur), no matter how sloppy and boring the play on the field may be, everyone comes back for more every single year. I know I do. My cousin Steve, nine years my senior, has been telling me for as long as I can remember, “cut me open, and I bleed brown.” I completely understand. It is important to stick with your teams win or lose.

What I can’t understand is the lengths people go in this town to put the Browns on such an extreme pedestal when you compare them with the city’s longest standing Major League franchise, the Indians.

When the Indians go through a bad stretch, the casual fans turn them off and act as uf they don’t exist. Yet a 2-9 Browns team would still get everyone’s full attention.

You can tell me all you want about the disconnect between the Dolan Family Ownership, the front office, and you as a fan. I’m sure you feel as though they have cheated you since buying the team from Dick Jacobs in 2000. Full disclosure, I have not been their biggest supportes either. It is not as if the product on the field has been that spectacular. But consider the 2005 Indians won 93 games and missed the playoffs thanks to a final week Cleveland-esque collapse. 93 wins at the time were the most for any team in the Wild Card era without advancing to play October baseball. In 2007, they ran away with the division and were up 3-1 in the ALCS, one win away from the World Series. I went to 40-plus games that season and in a pennant race in September, the crowds were in the 20,000′s.

I have no illusions that the mid-90′s are coming back. That was the perfect storm for the Indians. A booming economy, a brand-new stadium, a star-studden, power-hitting club that was the darling of the sport. But this organization deserves more from you, the fans of Cleveland, right now.

The Indians are currently tied atop the AL Central with the Detroit Tigers, who are built like those mid-90′s Tribe teams, except with better starting pitching. They are coming home this weekend for a series with Seattle and the weather is supposed to be perfect. There is absolutely no reason that all three games shouldn’t draw 30,000 each. But they won’t. And last night is a prime example.

Around 6:30 PM, it came across my Twitter timeline that the Browns had signed QB Brian Hoyer to a two-year contract. Hoyer was cut earlier in the week by the Arizona Cardinals. The way the sportstalk radio shows and Twitter reacted, you would have thought this was on the same level as the Indians hiring Terry Francona to be their manager. One tweet after another, one column after another, one mention after another – it was all Hoyer all the time.

I am sure that the former St. Ignatius star is a great guy, but let us be real here. He was undrafted out of Michiagn State, made the New England Patriots as a third string QB, spent three years there as a backup to Tom Brady, then was drafted over and replaced by Ryan Mallett. He failed to make any roster last year and signed mid-season as a street free agent with Pittsburgh, where he stayed for a few weeks until Ben Roethlisberger was able to come back from injury. He was then picked up by the Arizona Cardinals, who were desperate for a QB the last two weeks of the season, again because of injuries. He made one start. The Cardinals thought so highly of him that they traded for Carson Palmer and eventually let him go after the draft.

So the Browns and GM Mike Lombardi, who was said to be high on him, scooped Hoyer up yesterday and added Hoyer to their QB stable.

Yet here we are in Cleveland, talking obsessively about a third string QB signing, dissecting it like it will make any bit of difference, and making it the lead story in town.

I know, I know, this is “Browns Town.” But you know what, it shouldn’t even be more than a blip on the radar because there is a REAL story going on right now, and it is going way too unnoticed for my taste. THE INDIANS ARE IN FIRST PLACE!

Spare me the “they were in first this early the last two years” take. Anyone who watches baseball and this team can tell you that Tito Ball is far superior to Acta Ball. They don’t need to win every game 3-2 anymore. Much maligned GM Chris Antonetti and his boss Mark Shapiro have completely reshaped this roster into something everyone can get excited about.

Michael Bourn and his speed and defense are here, setting the table like Kenny Lofton used to at the top of the order. Nick Swisher is on board to provide that fun-loving, hard-nosed attitiude in the clubhouse while embracing his Ohio roots, crushing baseballs all over the diamond, and playing superb defense at first. Mega Mark Reynolds is destroying pitches like we haven’t seen here years. Asdrubal Cabrera and Jason Kipnis have shaken off their slow starts and have begun to explode at the plate, coinciding with a 12-2 run that vaulted the Tribe to the top of the division. Michael Brantley has taken that next step and has become one of the most clutch hitters on the team.

Justin Masterson has regained his ace form. Their has been a mini-resurgance from Ubaldo Jimenez. Zach McAllister is pitching like a young Jake Westbrook with his ability to take the team deep into games each and every time out. Scott Kazmir has been a big find as a reclamation project. The bullpen depth is once again the envy of the AL. Best of all, the team is managed by the irrepressible Terry Francona, who is as respected as any man in the game.

So please, do yourselves a favor. Come out and support this Indians team. Make THEM your top sports priority right now. They deserve your attention. The signing of a third-string Quarterback in mid-May, doesn’t.

So, be patient.

You are correct bout the Tribe, Gipper. If things are the same in July, I'll be packing the boys up and navigating up the I-71 for a Cleveland baseball excursion. I would much rather spend my money in Cleveland than piss it away at The Nationwide Series race at Mid-Ohio this summer. Just like most, my recreational budget is not as fat as it once was, but I suppose that's a topic for a different forum.

r u really blaming the Indians for browns leaving. Modell was fucking the Indians hand over fist charging them to play in a piece of shit

Cleveland is a football town because it was April 2nd, right before the baseball season started that Colt Mccoy was traded and all anybody was talking about was the Browns despite the Tribe opening day. That was as telling a thing as I've ever seen when it comes to whether or not this is a football town.

The former starting QB of your team gets drafted and people talk about it.

Yeah, must be a football town.

I love morons like you, always the big guy over the Computer!!!!! Your Jack ass Sorry, its about have some Tribe Pride WHILE THE BROWNS OUR NOT PLAYING. Fact is I can post whatever I want. Guess what Jack Ass you do not have to read it!!!!! Its your choice, the fact is I will not get over it, because people like you are why the City of Cleveland gets a bad rap. Bitch about everything weather its the Browns or Tribe or Cavs. I have always said this board makes Cleveland fans look like one of the worst sports fans out there. You are a prime example, what you jump on the bandwagon in 3 months about the Tribe. Shit if the Browns win 1 FREAKING GAME SOME OF YOU THINK WE SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE CITY FOR A DAY. How about having some joy for a Cleveland team that is doing for once. I know I get tired of 5 win seasons with the Browns.

FYI when the Tribe scored 19 runs in 4 innings 3 weeks against the Astros ,that was more than points than 8 of the Browns 16 games last season!!!!!!

Go Browns in Sept, right now I will enjoy the Tribe!!!! Why because I am a True Cleveland Fan

I love morons like you, always the big guy over the Computer!!!!! Your Jack ass Sorry, its about have some Tribe Pride WHILE THE BROWNS OUR NOT PLAYING. Fact is I can post whatever I want. Guess what Jack Ass you do not have to read it!!!!! Its your choice, the fact is I will not get over it, because people like you are why the City of Cleveland gets a bad rap. Bitch about everything weather its the Browns or Tribe or Cavs. I have always said this board makes Cleveland fans look like one of the worst sports fans out there. You are a prime example, what you jump on the bandwagon in 3 months about the Tribe. Shit if the Browns win 1 FREAKING GAME SOME OF YOU THINK WE SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE CITY FOR A DAY. How about having some joy for a Cleveland team that is doing for once. I know I get tired of 5 win seasons with the Browns.

FYI when the Tribe scored 19 runs in 4 innings 3 weeks against the Astros ,that was more than points than 8 of the Browns 16 games last season!!!!!!

Go Browns in Sept, right now I will enjoy the Tribe!!!! Why because I am a True Cleveland Fan

God, you are a faggot.

Cavs

Browns

Tribe

Just like the Browns lack a quality defensive secodnary to compete, the Indians lack a quality pitching staff to compete over the long haul of a marathon baseball season. We've seen that story play out several times -- great April and May for the Indians and then they fall off a cliff. It'll happen to some extent again this year.

I love my city. There is something special about our little community. We are all bound together by our misery. It is no secret that Cleveland is nationally viewed as a dying city, trying desperately to rebound. There are hundreds if not thousands of people here that do their best to promote programs to invigorate the town. The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is one that comes to mind. But if there is one thing that all born and raised Clevelanders share, its our passion for our local sports teams. No matter where we may live, we represent our teams, perhaps even more loudly if you don’t live here.

That’s one of the many things I love most about Cleveland and its residents, yet it is also one of the things that bothers me the most about them as well. Now before jumping all over me, hear me out.

I am 37 years old, so it is not as if I was born yesterday into this painful culture that is Cleveland sports. If you read this site regularly, you know I get it. I have zero illusions that this is anything other than a “Browns first” town. Anyone who doesn’t believe that notion must not have been paying attention over the last 13 years when the Browns were as close to the bottom of the NFL as you can get. Year after year, they pick in the top 10 and draft day is our Super Bowl.

The Browns have been to exactly one playoff game, which was 10 years ago, and they lost it after leading 33-21 with seven minutes to go against their hated rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have only had two, count ‘em, two winning seasons since the return in 1999. And it is not like either of those seasons were division titles with 12-4, 13-3 records. The 2002 team snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 with a last game goal line stand against Atlanta and received help from two different places to make their “new era” playoff debut. The 2007 Browns, while 10-6, were the beneficiaries of a soft schedule where they beat just one team with a winning record – the Seattle Seahawks, at home, in overtime.

But no matter what happens. No matter how bad they are, no matter how many regime changes they have, no matter how inept the head coach may be (yes, I am singling you out, Pat Shurmur), no matter how sloppy and boring the play on the field may be, everyone comes back for more every single year. I know I do. My cousin Steve, nine years my senior, has been telling me for as long as I can remember, “cut me open, and I bleed brown.” I completely understand. It is important to stick with your teams win or lose.

What I can’t understand is the lengths people go in this town to put the Browns on such an extreme pedestal when you compare them with the city’s longest standing Major League franchise, the Indians.

When the Indians go through a bad stretch, the casual fans turn them off and act as uf they don’t exist. Yet a 2-9 Browns team would still get everyone’s full attention.

You can tell me all you want about the disconnect between the Dolan Family Ownership, the front office, and you as a fan. I’m sure you feel as though they have cheated you since buying the team from Dick Jacobs in 2000. Full disclosure, I have not been their biggest supportes either. It is not as if the product on the field has been that spectacular. But consider the 2005 Indians won 93 games and missed the playoffs thanks to a final week Cleveland-esque collapse. 93 wins at the time were the most for any team in the Wild Card era without advancing to play October baseball. In 2007, they ran away with the division and were up 3-1 in the ALCS, one win away from the World Series. I went to 40-plus games that season and in a pennant race in September, the crowds were in the 20,000′s.

I have no illusions that the mid-90′s are coming back. That was the perfect storm for the Indians. A booming economy, a brand-new stadium, a star-studden, power-hitting club that was the darling of the sport. But this organization deserves more from you, the fans of Cleveland, right now.

The Indians are currently tied atop the AL Central with the Detroit Tigers, who are built like those mid-90′s Tribe teams, except with better starting pitching. They are coming home this weekend for a series with Seattle and the weather is supposed to be perfect. There is absolutely no reason that all three games shouldn’t draw 30,000 each. But they won’t. And last night is a prime example.

Around 6:30 PM, it came across my Twitter timeline that the Browns had signed QB Brian Hoyer to a two-year contract. Hoyer was cut earlier in the week by the Arizona Cardinals. The way the sportstalk radio shows and Twitter reacted, you would have thought this was on the same level as the Indians hiring Terry Francona to be their manager. One tweet after another, one column after another, one mention after another – it was all Hoyer all the time.

I am sure that the former St. Ignatius star is a great guy, but let us be real here. He was undrafted out of Michiagn State, made the New England Patriots as a third string QB, spent three years there as a backup to Tom Brady, then was drafted over and replaced by Ryan Mallett. He failed to make any roster last year and signed mid-season as a street free agent with Pittsburgh, where he stayed for a few weeks until Ben Roethlisberger was able to come back from injury. He was then picked up by the Arizona Cardinals, who were desperate for a QB the last two weeks of the season, again because of injuries. He made one start. The Cardinals thought so highly of him that they traded for Carson Palmer and eventually let him go after the draft.

So the Browns and GM Mike Lombardi, who was said to be high on him, scooped Hoyer up yesterday and added Hoyer to their QB stable.

Yet here we are in Cleveland, talking obsessively about a third string QB signing, dissecting it like it will make any bit of difference, and making it the lead story in town.

I know, I know, this is “Browns Town.” But you know what, it shouldn’t even be more than a blip on the radar because there is a REAL story going on right now, and it is going way too unnoticed for my taste. THE INDIANS ARE IN FIRST PLACE!

Spare me the “they were in first this early the last two years” take. Anyone who watches baseball and this team can tell you that Tito Ball is far superior to Acta Ball. They don’t need to win every game 3-2 anymore. Much maligned GM Chris Antonetti and his boss Mark Shapiro have completely reshaped this roster into something everyone can get excited about.

Michael Bourn and his speed and defense are here, setting the table like Kenny Lofton used to at the top of the order. Nick Swisher is on board to provide that fun-loving, hard-nosed attitiude in the clubhouse while embracing his Ohio roots, crushing baseballs all over the diamond, and playing superb defense at first. Mega Mark Reynolds is destroying pitches like we haven’t seen here years. Asdrubal Cabrera and Jason Kipnis have shaken off their slow starts and have begun to explode at the plate, coinciding with a 12-2 run that vaulted the Tribe to the top of the division. Michael Brantley has taken that next step and has become one of the most clutch hitters on the team.

Justin Masterson has regained his ace form. Their has been a mini-resurgance from Ubaldo Jimenez. Zach McAllister is pitching like a young Jake Westbrook with his ability to take the team deep into games each and every time out. Scott Kazmir has been a big find as a reclamation project. The bullpen depth is once again the envy of the AL. Best of all, the team is managed by the irrepressible Terry Francona, who is as respected as any man in the game.

So please, do yourselves a favor. Come out and support this Indians team. Make THEM your top sports priority right now. They deserve your attention. The signing of a third-string Quarterback in mid-May, doesn’t.

Agreed! Nice post.

Baseball is not for everyone. Even tho baseball is the truest team sport. It takes nine working together as one. Football is not a true team sport. But I agree with who ever said it this is the browns board take ur arguements to a Indians board cause we do support the team we talk about.

P.S. I do support the Tribe I've been to 7 home games. Baseball is a much better sport to watch live

point of the the post that some people do not understand, is Support Cleveland!!!!! Shit we have a very good team this year. Maybe they do not last the whole year, maybe they win the world series!!! Who knows, but please do not give this Bullshit about the Dolans, that you will not support the Tribe becasue of the owners. Our you kidding me!!! The Browns have had the worst owners in all if sports!!!! Look I am a DIE HARD TRIBE AND BROWNS FAN!!!!! The Cavs I support, but never been a big Basketball guy even when Leborn was here, even thou Fav player of all time on the Cavs for me is Mark Price. Just show some love for them!!!!

When Sept comes, Trust me Sundays will be about the Browns. Right now Cleveland you have a team that Deserves your Attention, So how about we stop talking about a 4th string QB and a 4th string RB that will not make the team out of training camp.

I predicted they will win the division. The difference in this team is the intangibles. Some are saying they don't have the pitching, if u look at the pitching our division has an ace, but their 3 and 4 is not even close and our rp is easily the best in the division. I can't believe people r not flocking to go see this team play, come on Cleveland.

So, be patient.

But in 1995 the Baltimore Orioles had a pretty good baseball team. And the Redskins were the toast of the whole DC area which includes Baltimore!

Fans rooting for the Indians but they have every reason to be skeptical based on the past. After a zillion seasons of doing nothing and multi fire sales, Dolans finally does something to try to escape last place in attendance. Probably had pressure from the league office.

And don't forget, this current run won't have been as good without Astrudbal Cabrera, who the Indians tried over and over to trrade this off-season and who will likely be gone after this season.

Indians doing well but we have seen that two of the prevoius eyars before they fell off a cliff. This team is better but the starting pitching remains very fragile. Good moves to sign Reynolds, et al this year but they'l lbe gone soon, there will be no sustained success as the scouting and player selection in the draft has been absolutely horrible, much like the football team.

I think a lot of fans, seeing this may be a very short term run of success, have decided not to get overly involved for fear of having their hearts broken again by Dolans. But there are also a lot of Cleveland sports fans who are simply masochists and will root for the Indians and other Cleveland teams no matter what. These kinds of people post on this board and we have all become mentally unbalanced as a result of following mostly loser teams for decades! Just read this board -- it's a real cuckoo bin!

Is priority right now. They deserve your attention. The signing of a third-string Quarterback in mid-May, doesn’t.

OK, I understand what you're saying- BUT. Just because you happen to live in Cleveland (or did) doesn't mean you have to be a baseball fan. For me personally, (for reasons I'll get into)- I'd as soon as watch icicles melt than take in an entire game on the tube. Yeah- I caught an inning or two of the Tigers- Rangers game tonight (my wife is a Tigers fan, at least I was able to convert her from the Lions to Browns)- but I'd as soon as catch some of the Italian Open, or some of the Stanley Cup Playoffs- or the NBA Playoffs.

1) so there's reason #1- there's more action in hockey or basketball (or even soccer) in 5 minutes than there is in an entire baseball game.

2) Baseball has the most f**ked up salary structure of any major sport. You level the playing field, maybe I'd take more interest. Sooner or later, the Yankees and their ilk buy up all the top talent. I felt like puking when the two opposing pitchers in the World Series USED to play for the Indians- you want to make an argument how that isn't screwed up be my guest. No you can't buy a Championship every year- but you sure as hell can buy a competitive team. IIRC, the Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1992.

3) Alluding to the above- the Tribe, and other small market teams have been the feeder system of top talent to the Big Boys in like about forever- and that's not going to change anytime soon.

4) Do you really need a 162 game season? (Other than to pay those inflated salaries?) Yeah, lets play baseball in Denver in April in a snowstorm, or the World Series in October when its 35 degrees. One game in a 16 game NFL season has meaning, on a baseball game, not so much.

4) Well, there's no real explanation of why Cleveland is a football town- unless you want to go all the way back to Canton- Pro football was born in NE Ohio. My personal slant is back in the 60's the Browns were pretty great, and the Indians reliably stunk- every year. It's only May- wake me up in August when the games actually start meaning something. I've lived through the Indians "June Swoon" & "July Dive". The Rocky Colavito for Harvey Kuenn trade- that about did me in right there, (read Belichick dumping Kosar if you want a comparison), and an unabated history since of "we can't afford you anymore, tata!!!" Incidentally, there's a boatload of Browns fans in Dayton who have have never lived in Cleveland. I've yet to meet an Indians fan here- period. SW Ohio is Reds Country- for the same reason Cleveland is Browns Town.

So sorry- to be a "true" fan of the Tribe, you have to be a baseball fan first. Just hope you won't have to be like the Wrigley Bleacher Bums and wait like forever for them to win a World Series. Oh, they keep on winning- the frontrunner bandwagon bus will pick up supporters for sure.

Trust me I understand Baseball is not for everybody, the point is, if you are a Cleveland Fan enjoy whats going on right now and suppport the boys of summer. When Football comes in a few months get your Browns gear and go crazy about the Browns. They are a really fun team watch!!! Trust me there will be pletty of threads about how much Weeden sucks!!! Plus I have not posted a Uniform thread in a couple months. I will make sure to take care of that before the first pre season game

yo. just be grateful to have a team.

do you want the same thing to happen to the indians as did the browns?

big-time money spenders are ready to steal away basketball, football and baseball teams to other big city markets in spite of their now hometown fans. case in point seattle. they almost grabbed the nba team from another city who was once stolen from another.

support everything local, even if it's your favorite pizza shop. (i support everything ohio even though i live a 9 hour car ride away).

let's go blue streaks, rockets, bobcats, buckeyes, golden flashes, roos etc. etc.

the indians were the closest team to bring a world series (or any kind of trophy) to the city of cleveland if it weren't for the conspiracy led bud selig strike year.

BTW fuck bud selig, david stern and rodger goodell. how many turkeys do they each eat at a thanksgiving day dinner?

i'm sure plenty. those fat pompous asses.

Archived