THE BROWNS BOARD

Perfect Day

Zombo

We traded a bunch of crap late round picks that never work out to INSURE that we would get the third superstar in a three superstar draft.

Fucking bulldozing, big legged stud to kick AFC North ass ...

THEN we took the big guy with the big AFC North gun at #22.

No more pussy-ass "scrappy" guys with minor league arms like Frye, Quinn and McCoy, we got a real man with horseballs who, unfortunately, will only be able to fire fastballs on the lake for 12 more years.

If you pussies are seriously bent out of shape because we didn't draft a fucking tackle in the first round or because we traded some shit picks to make sure we got THE best non-qb offensive threat in the draft, then you can blow me, because this was a ballsy "all-in" AFC North draft, and I fucken love it.

Z

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We traded a bunch of crap late round picks that never work out to INSURE that we would get the third superstar in a three superstar draft.

No more pussy-ass "scrappy" guys with minor league arms like Frye, Quinn and McCoy, we got a real man with horseballs who, unfortunately, will only be able to fire fastballs on the lake for 12 more years.

If you pussies are seriously bent out of shape because we didn't draft a fucking tackle in the first round or because we traded some shit picks to make sure we got THE best non-qb offensive threat in the draft, then you can blow me, because this was a ballsy "all-in" AFC North draft, and I fucken love it.

Z

Not saying Richardson won't be good. Seriously, he's THAT much better than some late round flyers? Weeden might be Roger Staubach or Brady Quinn- only time will tell.

We seriously reached for both. Gave up too much to take Richardson, and reached for Weeden in the first.

Seriously, you want to reach- go offer the Redskins your entire draft, and next years #1 to get to #2 and draft Griffin.

How did we give up too much to take Richardson? We pretty much swapped picks as all the shit picks we gave them we pretty much got back with the compensatory picks.

Good moves on both parts. Love the Weeden pick, but think we could have gotten him at 37. If we get a good receiver tomorrow at 37, our offense just became relevant again. Another year or two and we're a perennial contender. I say we just made some moves to get to 8-8 this year.

Goddamn, I get so sick and tired of people talking about "reaching", or "value" when talking about the draft. Like it's nothing more than a party game based on numbers. I'm sure there were some dumb ass Charger fans that bellowed "we drafted LT too high, he would've still been there with the 15th pick, we reached", but I bet they pulled their heads fully out of their asses, so they could watch LT kill the rest of the NFL for the next 7 years.

Who the fuck cares if we drafted a pro-bowl player higher then some know-it-all media draft guru thinks we should? So what. In the end, unless you're blind or just stupid, Colt McCoy was not, and never was going to be the QB to lead us to relevance again....................This is the most excited I have been about a Browns season, since I don't know when.

I was hoping for the BrownsBoard mock edition... figures Rieff went 23! But overall- I'm really, really happy tonight :D

Go Browns and beat some ass this year! Next year is NOW muthafuckers!

Agree about Rieff and our fine, collective mock, Po... And congrats on your new, baby RB...

The picks we gave for getting the #3 for TR were almost perfect value per the hated chart. Plus in the Press Conference Heckert said he knew "for a fact" there was another team that would have moved to take TR at #3 had we not done so (likely TBay). The FO wanted TR, so they did what they had to to get him.

I don't like the pick, but so be it, I can live with it... Done deal... no issue there...

But Weedon at #22... can't handle that. Please spare me the "mature learner", "low mileage" rationalizations. After watching Day 1's press conference post mortem, I do not believe:

• Weedon was Heckert's pick. ("We all liked the kid." You love 1st rounders, you like 5th rounders);
  • Weedon was not who they wanted at 22 (I think Wright going off at 20 to the Titans surprised them).

If their master list went Wright / Weedon, that's one fucked up battle plan.

Z

A Men Brother ! Tom Heckert Thank-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Goddamn, I get so sick and tired of people talking about "reaching", or "value" when talking about the draft. Like it's nothing more than a party game based on numbers. I'm sure there were some dumb ass Charger fans that bellowed "we drafted LT too high, he would've still been there with the 15th pick, we reached", but I bet they pulled their heads fully out of their asses, so they could watch LT kill the rest of the NFL for the next 7 years.

Who the fuck cares if we drafted a pro-bowl player higher then some know-it-all media draft guru thinks we should? So what. In the end, unless you're blind or just stupid, Colt McCoy was not, and never was going to be the QB to lead us to relevance again....................This is the most excited I have been about a Browns season, since I don't know when.

Great- this is draft day #2. If Richardson and Weeden are the equivalent of Jim Brown and Roger Staubach, I'll admit I'm wrong, and I might get excited again. Tomlinson went to a hell of a lot of Super Bowls. What? He didn't? Until then, the Browns reached and fucked up. Bold? Or stupid? Time will tell. And FWIW, I'm not going to be following their progress to find out.

Z

I like the draft as well. Now go get a RT and receive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, or package our 3rd rounder and McCoy to get back in to the 2nd round.

It isn't about quantity. It's about quality.

I like the draft as well. Now go get a RT and receive in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, or package our 3rd rounder and McCoy to get back in to the 2nd round.

It isn't about quantity. It's about quality.

I was thinking the McCoy trade also, dont think we would get better than a 4 or 5 thought. Tonight is all about OT and WR. If we come away with Ryan Broyles at some point, i will be completly happy with this draft. Also i still think we have to get a dude for the D.

Z

^^ this

Hooray for "horseballs" !!!

Z

100% agree. Couldn't be happier.

You can't fault Heckert for going after who he wanted. I do think Holmgren pulled rank of the Weeden pick though but whatever. Your first choice was Wright and he got nabbed by a surprise team. Nothing you can do about that. They were reporting that the Browns were trying to trade back up into the 1st round cause they were so certain they were going to get Wright and they wanted Weeden afterwards. Wright is gone might as well just take Weeden and show him how much you want him just like how Weeden was so openly vocal about wanting to be a Brown.

i dont know what we'll do without those late round picks that rarely make the squad....those are the guys that help you get younger! we're only the 3rd youngest team in the league, we need some younger guys to offset the addition of weeden!

i dont know why they never use my idea. trade out of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds to amass like 20-30 late round picks. this would guarantee you hit on some of those late round guys that make up the foundation of football teams.

i mean, who are we to outbid tampa bay for TR's services? its not like they traded back up into the first round to take the second running back off the board. think about the extra cost of those picks for a second.....now, we only have one more selection in the 4th and 5th rounds instead of 2, and only 2 left in 7th from 3. whats the sense in trading down to amass picks if you're just gonna trade them later for a better player?

/sarcasm

ill parrot tim couch.....please, most of you. stop posting stupid petty complaints. i swear half of you would complain if we traded colt straight up of andrew luck. never...ever....fucking....happy.

right on zombo....

The whole draft wreaks of desperation. Reaching for need seldom works. Taking a minor upgrade at QB instead of a lineman with probowl caliber abilities when the QB had a very very good chance of being there for your next pick was just a horrible move. It really doesn't matter how good Weeden turns out, it was still a mis-managed pick. It is as if they put something in the water up there that turns people's brains to mush.

The whole draft wreaks of desperation. Reaching for need seldom works. Taking a minor upgrade at QB instead of a lineman with probowl caliber abilities when the QB had a very very good chance of being there for your next pick was just a horrible move. It really doesn't matter how good Weeden turns out, it was still a mis-managed pick. It is as if they put something in the water up there that turns people's brains to mush.

So with your vast knowledge of all NFL GM's you know Weeden would have still been there at #37?

Jaws said Weeden looked like a Top5 pick on film, his only glaring deficiency was picking up blitzes and he thinks the Browns coaching staff can cure him of that.

We've never had a QB that started for ten years that I can remember so I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about his age.

Give me seven good years rather than wandering through the desert for another 40.

Zombo

Jaws said Weeden looked like a Top5 pick on film, his only glaring deficiency was picking up blitzes and he thinks the Browns coaching staff can cure him of that.

We've never had a QB that started for ten years that I can remember so I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about his age.

Give me seven good years rather than wandering through the desert for another 40.

Zombo

at this point 1/2 a good year is better than we've seen. if you could at least get consistency for a few years its going to be better than the merry go round qb's at every spring training.

We have a 7 year window...Richardson, Weeden, Joe Thomas. We also have a decent young defense.

I personally think we are headed in the right direction.

We need to complete the line Cordy Glenn or J. Martin works for me.

Go WR round 3 (I'm telling you TY Hilton) and then round out the draft defensive help.

Chargers radio was blasting us this morning on the trade up and the Weeden pick- basically said we should have taken Blackmon- right!

Congrats to Heckert for fleecing the hell out of the Atlanta Falcons for Julio Jones:

Phil Taylor + Greg Little + Owen Marecik + Brandon Weeden + ammo to secure Richardson ... for a Wide Receiver.

Four starters and they made sure they got the guy they wanted this year ... if he wasnt so damn ugly I'd marry him.

Zombo

There is no question that Heckert pulled off a shrewd deal a year ago. That did definately set the stage for securing Richardson this year.

There is also no question that he was getting bitch-slapped by a couple of radio talk shows for the past four months that were in love with RGIII, and then Weeden. We should have been picking Weeden tonight. It's clear that the FO grew tired of all the radio crap. Hell, even Weeden was stunned as he watched the selection from someone's living room.

I like this so far. one of three studs in the draft. looks like he's thrilled to be here. Unlike the OK.State receiver, who on interviews "way-ell, if they want me in cleveland then I guess I like Cleveland" or some such shit. We got a three down running back who can take it the distance any play - that was tested in the toughest division in college football. And we gave up three people who probably just be taxi squad material.

About Weedens age, how did that Staubach thing work out for the Cowboys? How long did he play? Hmmmm

I haven't been this excited after rd 1 since we drafted Antonio Langham & Derrick Alexander. Maybe, just maybe, our pain is coming to an end.

Congrats to Heckert for fleecing the hell out of the Atlanta Falcons for Julio Jones:

Zombo

just like minnesota fleeced us this year.

tampa wasn't even considering trading up. heckert got scared and shot his load as soon as he saw the tit.

but that being said i'm ok with both picks, basically because it's all said and done. hopefully there is still some quality left to be found at RT and WR.

also, will this be weeden's evaluation year? or is it H&H's evaluation year?

something better come from these picks right now or they are on the hot seat. period.

Archived