THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Could Have A Good Season If...

Opal312

Assuming Farmer does NOT trade our first round picks for ANOTHER quarterback, hear me out.

If they were to draft Andrus Peat and Danny Shelton or Malcom Brown in the first round, then take a wide receiver in the second (Jaelen Strong, Devin Smith, if there still on the board. Then in the third a tight end. There should be a few good ones still available, Heuerman, OSU, Tyler Kroft, Rutgers. That leaves six picks to plug up holes and add depth where needed.

No matter who starts at quarterback if we had an O-line like Dallas we could go to the power running game with Crowell and West.

Let's face it; Tony Romo had all damn day to throw the ball. And Demarco Murray had the best year he will ever have.

So now with Bowe, Hartline and Hawkins and a big tight end, I see the Browns beating the teams in our division.

Even if they bring Johnny in until at least next year this is a far better solution than trading away all our pick for an unproven Mariota. McCown would still probably start anyway. This draft COULD SET THE Browns up for a decade of dominant defense and plenty of time to either develop Manziel or shoot for Cardale Jones next year.

I'm not going to freak out if Farmer doesn't take a wide receiver at 12 because it looks like the best will be gone by then. If Kevin White or Parker are still there great. But Danny Shelton is too good to pass up.

Agreed. I'll take O-line, D front 7 all day in this draft.

A star WR isn't going to help us in the long run

WTH - alot of us "old Browns fans" can recall the days - oh some 2000 posts or so of yours,

decrying the fact that we had it all wrong - with you saying "screw the line(s), we need skilled position players"

providing some lame reasons why the offense couldnt score points based on our teams lack of spectacular play,

because we had no WR.

maybe back then you were a Ghoolie disciple?

It's no worse than your michigan Devin Funchess faggotry.

Are you sure about that? I've said plenty of times I'm not even sure Funchess is a good fit here. I'm sorry I've talked about a prospect that can play two of our positions of need.

But no, I'd say asking for multiple OSU draft picks, signing Tedd Ginn, then already declaring Cardale worth selling the farm for would be a little much.

We all have our favorite teams, but lets be reasonable about it... but I can't say I've ever seen anything from you that would make me think you are capable of that.

(oh, and for what its worth, the OP legitimately thinks the illuminati control our country)

well the year to take a WR was last year. It was top priority last year. Not this year. This year we have to take an OLB'er early cause we lost Sheard AND it's a really good draft year for hybrid type players.

really? why is that? this draft is as deep as that in the WR class?

because we signed dwayne bowe?

no, i doubt we draft a WR in the first round (you never know), but to think farmer doesn't pick one somewhere along the line is insane.

you must be talking about the browns' first pick. btw NT is more a position of need than OLB.

The Browns Could Have A Good Season If...

The other 3 team in our division lose about 10 starters each

WE could have just as good a season as the other three teams in our division. It depends on injuries and luck. If anyone on here don't believe this they can suck my smelly hairy balls!

They do need to run the ball more. But I'm not sure about the Dallas comparison. They had a better QB, TE, WR1, WR2 (maybe not anymore with Bowe/Hartline), and RB than we do. And even the positions where we are strong (OL, Hawkins), they are better/comparable, respectively (Beasley in slot).

We're a defensive team so that's probably not a realistic goal for us. They're pretty stacked in Dallas offensively.

Archived