THE BROWNS BOARD

Tramon Williams is a Brown

darren15

gotta say I was pretty disappointed to hear Cox signed with the Titans.....so hope we bring this one in.....

a solid veteran CB would go a long way.....

No kidding, I'd like to think we are at least a more attractive team to play for than the Titans...

I will be interested to see how many fans will be praising gilbert after this year. He has all the tools and is working with Haden to have a strong season next year. I was happy when the Browns drafted him and look forward to watching his progress next year. With Haden, Desir, Williams, and Gilbert I think we are in good shape and I am glad we did not re-sign Mr. Flag Buster Skrine and hope we do not sign any other over priced Free Agent DB.

I will be interested to see how many fans will be praising gilbert after this year. He has all the tools and is working with Haden to have a strong season next year. I was happy when the Browns drafted him and look forward to watching his progress next year. With Haden, Desir, Williams, and Gilbert I think we are in good shape and I am glad we did not re-sign Mr. Flag Buster Skrine and hope we do not sign any other over priced Free Agent DB.

Im with ya....

I think he's gonna be really really good.......all pro good.....he has all the tools, everything, in spades....just gotta get his game together

We did not want to overpay Cox to go to Titans. This is the guy I would pay to see with Haden on the other side. This is a Pettine Baller.. Packers don't let guys walk away like this. Something up besides money??

Per a couple of evaluations I have seen, he would be an upgrade from Skrine. In fact, Polian has him current the 2d best FA available now, behind a WR from Oakland.

This is a pass happy league with a lot of 4-5 receiver sets. Nothing wrong with having depth.....and it would negate any need to go for a DB in the draft.

Per a couple of evaluations I have seen, he would be an upgrade from Skrine. In fact, Polian has him current the 2d best FA available now, behind a WR from Oakland.

This is a pass happy league with a lot of 4-5 receiver sets. Nothing wrong with having depth.....and it would negate any need to go for a DB in the draft.

All sounds too sensible......lets see if Farmer sees it that way ....

We did not want to overpay Cox to go to Titans. This is the guy I would pay to see with Haden on the other side. This is a Pettine Baller.. Packers don't let guys walk away like this. Something up besides money??

I think the Packers want to keep him.....so they are "up"....

All sounds too sensible......lets see if Farmer sees it that way ....

Ill guess Farmer see's it......just hoping Williams see's it.....and wants to be a Brown...

and here's a link suggesting he may have interest from the Ravens now.....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-have-displayed-interest-in-packers-free-agent-corner-tramon-williams-sources-say-20150316-story.html

Seems to me like Farmer and co. aren't "dropping the ball" like the entire nation is trying to allude to after all!!!!

To those that keep saying players don't want to come to cleveland, maybe the shoe is on the other foot and our front office is only targeting the right players for their scheme...

Of course they aren't going to get every player they want, but playing it smart and not over budgeting will allow them to lock down the players they truly want...ala Mack and Thomas.

I'm disappointed not to see Williams back in the green and gold, but it seems like the Browns overpaid for him. Not sure what the guarantees are, but the Packers weren't willing to go above a 2yr/8million deal. He was average at best towards the end of the season, hopefully he gets back to his normal level of play in Cleveland.

^Agree... expecting the terms to be frontloaded as per the norm...

Good player? Yes, but I do not understand the premium over Buster.

He's taller, and wanted to be here. I'm good with it. And he probably doesn't do

really dumb things once in a while, like Buster running smack dab into a player

receiving a kick.

Why do we celebrate signings like this as we try to rebuild? That's not a knock on Williams he's a solid cb and was one of the best FA's still available. I get it, we want to see this franchise be successful and it's exciting when we sign a player that makes us more competitive. But at the end of the day he's not going to contribute LONG TERM to this team, he's a stop gap that might make us slightly more competitive for a few years but what good does that ultimately do us? Going 7-9 instead of 6-10?

This front office lacks a vision for the long term, they only focus on being more competitive for the next season over sustainable success long term even if that means taking some lumps these next few years in order to develop young players that can either help us win going forward or earn big contracts elsewhere and bring in comp picks that we develop all over again. That's why teams like the Packers, Patriots, and Ratbirds are so successful. They build the core of their team through the draft and not through FA.

Those are the types of team that needed Tramon Williams, a contender looking for the last couple pieces to push them over the top. Not a team like us who's rebuilding. Odds are we aren't even making the playoffs with or without Williams, so why not use those snaps to develop a young cb who could actually help us long term? Williams would've signed with a contender for 5M per and we overpaid him to come be a stop gap. It's moves like this that stunt the growth of our young talent and spend unnecessary money.

Archived