THE BROWNS BOARD

T Rich Cut

cvcanedy

Old news, old FOs...

The potential, yes, potential, 1st round misses in 2014 are hovering, but everything else the FO did in 2014's draft and FA was damn good.

This year the disappointed decry our reluctance to shell out money hand over fist. Many are likely the same folks that said Haslam order the drafting of JM so he could sell jerseys. Where they see reluctance I see fiscal restraint.

And McGahee was an emergency signing in late Septmeber. Not a lot of prime, FA RBs waiting by the phone in late Sept. So there's that...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Indy signed Cole they have a glut of OLB'ers. One of them's getting cut, my guess is Werner since he got healthy scratched from the Patriots game. He didn't have a great pass rushing season but if I read right him and Walden were both in the upper echelon of run stoppers at their position. We need another big Jack back to spell Kruger. I loved that kid in College, he was a "beast" DE at FS. If the Browns put 10 or so pounds back on him and made him more of a hybrid end where he got to put his hands down more....he could very productive for us. He has one of the best snap reactions in all of football, just needs to keep polishing his pass rush tech. But run stopping was a major weakness of his so if he's figured that out then he's not an absolute liability on the field anymore...like Kruger was at Blt and look how Krugs stops the run now.

I can't stand it! This is way better than television! Did you see him play against the Browns? He just stood there and let Luck get sacked.

The Browns past three years first round picks:

Trent Richardson

Brandon Weeden

Barkevious Mingo

Justin Gilbert

Johnny Manziel

And people wonder why the team can't turn the corner.

Not just the first round, count up how many players are actually left from those drafts.

Old news, old FOs...

The potential, yes, potential, 1st round misses in 2014 are hovering, but everything else the FO did in 2014's draft and FA was damn good.

This year the disappointed decry our reluctance to shell out money hand over fist. Many are likely the same folks that said Haslam order the drafting of JM so he could sell jerseys. Where they see reluctance I see fiscal restraint.

And McGahee was an emergency signing in late Septmeber. Not a lot of prime, FA RBs waiting by the phone in late Sept. So there's that...

Yeah, I don't disagree there. The team has seemingly had good luck with later round picks, but the point is you can't miss that badly in the first round especially when you got more than one pick. Thinking about the 2012 first round draft is straight up pathetic. We could have thrown darts at a board and gotten better players.

Seriously, though Mik, Richardson coming back to run for the New Cleveland Browns F.O.

- would that not be redemption if he produced?

I was only slightly kidding about Colt. I'd love to have him back to mentor Manziel. I think Colt is very smart, and even a better QB than McCown. You seriously telling me you wouldn't consider this?

In a word- no.

I would bring him back, for sure.

There has to be a peanut vendor who needs to be replaced.

Oakland will show again why they're always at the bottom of the AFC West. I'm totally shocked they gave him more than vet minimum, and if they guaranteed any of that contract- they're out of their minds. Pure desperation- no Jones-Drew & McFadden. There's several RBs in the current draft with more potential than Richardson, who IMHO has none.

In a word- no.

Oakland will show again why they're always at the bottom of the AFC West. I'm totally shocked they gave him more than vet minimum, and if they guaranteed any of that contract- they're out of their minds. Pure desperation- no Jones-Drew & McFadden. There's several RBs in the current draft with more potential than Richardson, who IMHO has none.

$3.9m 2 year deal

well, that didn't take long...gotta say Im a bit surprised he was signed so fast and for that kind of $.....

Raider nation will eat his fat slow ass for breakfast, so he better come to play this time...

Raider nation don't eat nothing but greasy home fries for breakfast.....why do you think they would eat him up.....when that team has been full of nothing but a bunch of TRs for the past decade.

While I enjoy their antics, they are perhaps the most overrated fan base in the league (or 2d most overrated behind Pittsburgh). Isn't their stadium only usually about half full. (which is what Pittsburgh's would be if they had the Raider's record that same decade)?

eh...to me, he just doesn't fit the Raider mold.....except he's a bad player who they signed for too much....but still not a raider type

I saw him landing in Miami or Dallas or Philly maybe......(and on the cheap too)

$3.9m 2 year deal

That is not Vet minimum.$1.5 million was all he's worth, that's vet minimum for TR. Seriously overpaid for the bum.

If you can't do better than 3.3 ypc with a qb like Andrew Luck to take the pressure off, and get demoted behind the likes of Bradshaw and Herron- who both posted better ypc - you SUCK.

I've seen enough to realize the guy has no field vision, no burst, and no breakaway gear.

Now maybe the Browns can resign him.....and see if they can get something out of their former 1st round pick.

Hey....I would be willing to throw him in with the wolves and see if he could do something.

(but...in reality...what a waste....pathetic turn of events for him)

Can you say "Canada"?

Can you say Cannibus?

That is not Vet minimum.$1.5 million was all he's worth, that's vet minimum for TR. Seriously overpaid for the bum.

If you can't do better than 3.3 ypc with a qb like Andrew Luck to take the pressure off, and get demoted behind the likes of Bradshaw and Herron- who both posted better ypc - you SUCK.

I've seen enough to realize the guy has no field vision, no burst, and no breakaway gear.

It's a move without risk for Oakland, they have to spend money and there aren't many worthy players still out there in FA, might as well pay Richardson 2M. It's not like they're gonna win many more games this year.

And to think the Browns could have had Poe, Kuechly, Cox or even Tannehill... but no, they also gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th...

you are all blind...

:wacko:

you are all blind...

and somewhere in the background as you type your praises for TR the soundtrack for ROCKY starts playing.......

sorry Po, know you love the guy but you're going to have to admit (one day) the guy sucks.

Actually, it's a brilliant move by the Raiders. They can point to their other rb's, including

a draft pick, and say:

"See? That's your brain when you're all talk, too heavy, and you don't love the game. Get yer asses in gear,

or you'll end up like him"

and then they can cut him in training camp.

Brilliant, really.

you are all blind...

Actually you're the only one who's blind. He has done nothing in the NFL. Would be one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history if he turns out to be as good as everyone thought when he was the #3 overall pick.

Archived