THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

JAFBF

If Shelton or Peat is there at 12, then I can't see us passing on him. If both, then Shelton. But I'm thinking neither will be. There may be an interesting DE.

I do not see an ILB worth a #1 in this draft. McKinney was a widely held #1, but doesn't fit Pet's scheme... and he's started dropping for some reason.

Malcolm Brown at 12 would be the only DE I'd consider, provided Shelton is gone.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick news bit, I heard today that they may be unveiling the new Browns Helmet next week . . . 18th or 19th, not exactly sure on the date - heard it on the Radio being an OMF can't remember exactly.

Rumor floating that WR Cecil Shorts may be signed by the Browns . . .

Farmer . . . guilty . . . smh.

Yeah, he's less than a year in, so Rookie goof . . . but come on Ray.

Today in History . . . 1 Year ago, Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi were Fired from the Browns Organization.

WR in the 1st round . . . starting to wonder if we may actually go after one this year . . . don't know yet who's going to throw him the Ball.

Reason I'm starting to reconsider this is that it was brought up that Ray was going to select Sammy Waitkins @4 last year before the Buffalo trade . . . still don't think Ray's crazy about WR's high up, but if it's the BPA at the time, could be.

Lot's of talk that Eagles @20 may try to entice the Browns in trading both #1's so Chip Kelly can go get his boy Mariota.

If Mariota falls to #4 or so watch out - don't know what they would/could offer (Foles/multiple #1's/multiple picks ?), but it could sure get interesting if Mariota drops.

Bad part is, Farmer loves Mariota . . . but I'd love to see us clean out Philadelphia and get loaded for next year (not impressed by Mariota).

Need to see what the damage is going to be from Textgate.

Money and/or suspension I'm not really going to sweat too much over, but Draft picks could really hurt us right now.

Sounds like Suh is going to stay or be Tagged by Detroit this year, so that's a relief.

That leaves Nick Fairly as a possible targer in FA . . .

Need to start seeing some news on resigning our Players before FA kicks off, it's a pretty cloudy picture without that info right now.

I feel like I've subscribed to the JAFBF newsletter...

Lot's of talk that Eagles @20 may try to entice the Browns in trading both #1's so Chip Kelly can go get his boy Mariota.

If Mariota falls to #4 or so watch out - don't know what they would/could offer (Foles/multiple #1's/multiple picks ?), but it could sure get interesting if Mariota drops.

I've been saying this for a while. I still say the only thing that makes it work would be for Philly to part with at least one of their best players. I think for us that means Cox. Both #1's for Foles plus Cox ain't bad and the deal could get much better...

I also still think it would have to be a 3-way deal for us to be involved. Of course this means the team with the high pick (JAX @ #3?) has to have need of the picks over the players Philly can offer. But in any case a deal is unlikely to occur before draft day. Wheels in motion, agreements in place and all that... but MM has to be available when the time comes.

I feel like I've subscribed to the JAFBF newsletter...

:D

Figured I'd try this to try this out to make things a bit easier for me to keep track of.

I've been saying this for a while. I still say the only thing that makes it work would be for Philly to part with at least one of their best players. I think for us that means Cox. Both #1's for Foles plus Cox ain't bad and the deal could get much better...

I also still think it would have to be a 3-way deal for us to be involved. Of course this means the team with the high pick (JAX @ #3?) has to have need of the picks over the players Philly can offer. But in any case a deal is unlikely to occur before draft day. Wheels in motion, agreements in place and all that... but MM has to be available when the time comes.

Talk I've seen mentions Foles as being at least part of the deal.

Another Article where the Browns are going after Mariota has them working a deal with Washington @5.

But like you said, he still needs to be there for things to start shaking out.

Hmmmm.

Don't remember if I dropped this nugget a month or so back . . . but there's a Rumor floating that Browns are going to move Manziel.

A bit more's coming out now, so if not here's some high speculation.

Prime suspect is Tampa . . . could the Browns really be positioning themselves to grab the #1 from Tampa?

I sure hope not.

Could be a QB for QB type deal (Glennon) . . . as another Rumor has TB lining a new QB . . .

Dicey situation if true, but it is the Silly Season.

. . . a little more fuel to this fire :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341210/article/bucs-lovie-smith-says-johnny-manziels-style-can-work-in-nfl

Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.

As for a JM/Glennon deal...

A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.

On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.

There will be so much smoke and mirrors leading up to the draft that I won't believe a goddamn thing till the day of.

That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.

I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.

I'd trade Manziel, a first and a fourth for the #1 spot right now.

It would be #12, #19, plus Manziel to get #1, maybe even more.

If you stand back and look at this situation, there are quite a few dots that connect, so I'd have to say there may be something to this.

Did Rizzo just say Manziel is on the Trading Block ! ? ! . . . also seems to be some buzz going around that the Browns are actively shopping Manziel to see what interest there is.

Damn straight... that would be cheap #1 overall.

As for a JM/Glennon deal...

A two-headed Mariota/ Manziel duo makes some sense from a style, offensive design consistency standpoint. About the only thing that would make sense for TB out of that deal.

On the other hand, going into the season with no vet QB makes zero sense, but could always sign an FA.

Yeah, that's one of the dots that connect.

Both QB's are very similar in what they do and did in College.

I'd rather have Shelton over Cox. Foles is nothing special either.. better than Hoyer, but no top10 QB.

Here's hoping the play is Shelton at 12.. followed by one of Beasley/Dupree/Goldman at 17, whoever falls. The QB is Grayson in the second, and the WR is Montgomery or Lockett in the 3rd.

Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

Three #1's for Mariota or Winston?

That's what the talk is.

We have too many holes to fill right now to flush all these picks.

Supposedly confirmed that the Browns are shopping Manziel, maybe even looking to move up to #1 :(

Bomb is dropped in the first minute of this :

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=70&c=2191&f=3998313

Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

Wanting the #1 pick, at least saying you do means two things, Either it's a bluff to artificially inflate the value of QB's in this draft. - or- they want Winston. Good fucking god, I hope it's the former.

And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

Riz is quite the chucklehead... but before the bomb could explode Grosso defused it.

And I'll hope it's the latter thereby assuring neither will be the case... Deal?

Works for me. With the 12th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select.... Tiger Woods.

That's the thing about smoke and mirrors...something has to be true. You've gotta be honest at least once or your bluff will always be called.

I'm thinking they're being honest about not being as active in FA.

Why would they bluff about that? I don't see any advantage in not letting other teams know your intent. Agents aren't not going to talk to you and sign off elsewhere before talking to all interested teams unless the player instructs them to do so.

I understand as far as the draft you might bluff interest or no interest to keep other teams off a player you may have targeted.

Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

Side note :

Nate_Ulrich_normal.jpg Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ · 2h 2 hours ago #browns terminated the contract of backup O-lineman Paul McQuistan.

Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

Grossi defused that it was (potentially) not going to happen in that Manziel being traded was mentioned as being shot down, but there's still hype about Brown three #1's for TB's #1.

Granted, a lot can happen over the next few days - especially with the Combine next week - but after the Browns picked Manziel last year, with Farmer liking Mariota so much and all the activity . . . I just have to worry.

I might be able to live with that trade for Winston as McShay rates him as the best player in the entire Draft - even with his warts . . . but damn, that's an awful lot when we have so many holes to fill.

Side note :

Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

No big deal on McQuistain. He was a decent player some years ago but is now headed for retirement. I'd rather bring in a rook or a 2-3 year player and take my chances they still have upside. We can find 2-3 dozen guys who can do just as well if not better.

WTF ?

So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

Man, what's going on this Off-Season?

Skrine damn, the flood gates are opening in C-town to get out Just when you started to play well.. He was Burnt like toast for 2years and we let him play "to work it out" that's why loyalty will kiss you in the ass..

Side note: (McQuistan) Not a huge loss, but it does create yet another hole to fill.

No... no loss whatsoever. McQ was a waste of space. Painter and Bowie were in storage and should both emerge in 2015. One replaces McQ and the other should send Seymore packing.

On Winston... if I had the #1 overall I would not hesitate to spend it on Winston. But trading up he gets even more expensive. Harder call in my mind. I assume the third #1 you mention would be our 2016? That makes it really hard...

And as WSH found out, if MM goes #1 to the Bucs, then that #2 pick gets to be awfully pricey as well.

So Gilbert all of sudden has his shit together ?

Browns just are not going to offer Shrine what the open market will. A least not with Gilbert, Desir and K'Waun on the roster. Thought has to be that at least one will step up.

Archived