gftChris

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,272 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Football, Cinema, Food

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

http://www.cleveland...ves_second.html

This move makes sense and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Nobody's going to give up a first obviously, and you can probably find better than him in the second round, so it's unlikely they'd give up a second for a guy with already three years of use.

Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

#2 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

Feed the Crowe.

#3 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

• REGISTERED
  • 18,867 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

Not much upside there.

I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

#4 gftChris

gftChris

• REGISTERED
  • 13,272 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Not much upside there.

I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

#5 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Not much upside there.

That may be SOP when it comes to RBs these days.  Hit the trivia quiz for something on this.

#6 Tour2ma

Tour2ma

• REGISTERED
  • 18,867 posts
  • Interests:Procrastination... and that keep me plenty busy...

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

#7 tiamat63

tiamat63

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

This.

RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

#8 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

This.

I don't think so.  RBs at this point in the NFL are as fungible a position as there is.  Both Crowe/Duke back another year.  I say there is at least a one year reprieve on this position.....and remember....Crowe was a UDFA.  The Browns may think they can nab another Crowe off the UDFA list.

#9 Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Agreed. I like Crowell and this doesn't inspire confidence in me in his long-term tenure with the Browns.

#10 gftChris

gftChris

• REGISTERED
  • 13,272 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

This.

Next year's ladder.

#11 choco

choco

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Next year's ladder.

Yup....

#12 gumby73

gumby73

All Pro $$

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Camping and Fishing.. Beware before trying to Read at any Time..

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

#13 nickers

nickers

Member since Nov 26, 2006

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts
  • Interests:Music, Composing, Arranging, Producer, Computers, Movies, Sports,

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

I think Crow is "Ok".. but he's not untouchable....

#14 Ghoolie

Ghoolie

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:Water and Wastewater Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics. Accordion, Guitar, Bass, Keys, Studio production. Bowling (24+ 300 games), Women in heels and hose. Las Vegas.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

Leave it to the fucking Browns to create a cluster fuck and get rid of one of their better players.

YES YES YES......................... THIS MOTHER FUCKING TEAM IS HEADED FOR GREATNESS.............. We are building for the future I tell ya. This is really something to get excited about.

Fucking morons.

#15 TexasAg1969

TexasAg1969

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts
  • Interests:Racquetball, football, reading, traveling and never-ending yard work.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

I'd rather get Foreman from Texas if he is there @ #65. Or maybe even @ #52 depending upon whose left then.

#16 jrb12711

jrb12711

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season. 

#17 gftChris

gftChris

• REGISTERED
  • 13,272 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season. 

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Crow is fine, but if we can get a great value guy later on in this apparently deep RB class, then why not?

#18 jiggins7919

jiggins7919

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal.  Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price.  I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points.  I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.   

#19 Canton Mike

Canton Mike

All Pro

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts
  • Interests:Family..especially Grandchildren
    Browns, Indians, & Cavs
    fly fishing
    cooking

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal.  Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price.  I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points.  I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.   

I honestly believe that NOT deferring the opening kickoff would help re playing from behind. Williams D may help, but I'm all for a rule change that if you win the coin toss, you receive the opening kickoff. 

Mike

#20 jrb12711

jrb12711

MVP

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

In the same vein I'd love to see him with a consistent QB where half the games the opposing D isn't stacking the box with 9 guys. 

The thing about him and a contract is that the Browns are far and away his best option for a good contract. As noted this draft is loaded with RB talent and there's some strong names available in FA (AP, Charles, etc). I don't think the open market is going to net him that much compared to what the Browns could provide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users