THE BROWNS BOARD

WTF Direct TV Removes WOIO in Cleveland

TopDawg31

Where the fuck will subscribers get their CBS feed from? No WOIO means no Browns game on Sunday.

Nor do we have WBNS here in Columbus; but never fear you / we will have The Ticket for free on opening weekend

Is that their answer turn on the ticket for all?

The first week the entire NFL ticket is free as a promotion for the rest of the season. I prefer to re-up prior to the beginning of the season...but week one is usually the free promotional week

That gives them like 5 weeks to get their shit together with two home games and a bye doubt their negotiations will drag on that long. I don't subscribe to the ticket because I have season tickets.

702 and up I believe

Yup... 702 is the "Mix" channel with all the on-going games on one screen. It's a good one to swap to during time outs.

The Browns/ Steelers will be on 714 according to the Channel Guide.

Where the fuck will subscribers get their CBS feed from? No WOIO means no Browns game on Sunday.

Wow, I've never heard Directv pulling a stunt like that- I know they got into a pissing match with The Weather Channel over about a nickel a subscriber. Local channel? Never. Unless WOIO knows they got the Browns games 90% of the time and are trying the same stunt to get a couple more cents per subscriber, and Direct told them to go pound salt.

Bummer. Can u use antenna.

Sure can. If you're in the Cleveland area, might need to hustle down to Radio Shack and pick up a good old fashioned set of Rabbit ears, or a more sophisticated amplified directional antenna. (Looks like a mini-dish). Most monitors (LOL we used to call them televisions back in the old days) should still have an "antenna in" input.

Finally, my 0.02 on Sunday Ticket- yes I have it- and I think it's BS that they have to follow NFL blackout rules. You're certainly getting my money D* and the NFL is getting yours- to the tune of around $4 billion- so cut us long time subscribers a break. OK, I can see that for commercial establishments like bars- but Direct is plenty sophisticated enough to block blackout games to receivers located in non-private locations.

Got Time Warner hooked up in one room now I'm covered if it extends too long. From what I hear is Raycom wants to double the fee charged to Direct to carry their signal.

That gives them like 5 weeks to get their shit together with two home games and a bye doubt their negotiations will drag on that long. I don't subscribe to the ticket because I have season tickets.

I don't have the ticket for that same reason.

I built one of these in 30 minutes and it is freaking amzing. Im in columbiana county and can get pittsburgh and youngstown channels. I love it.

Most newer tvs have converters/ decoders built in. My 3 yr old LG does.

It wont work if your in a valley...but its awesome. Radio shack sells the little transformers, but i had one in a box of junk from my old atari days.

Yesterday afternoon I tuned into the local ABC affiliate to watch the USC-Stanford game only to see a placard that Raycom Sports is seeking an increase from DirecTV and so the game will not be available...

So what's the status of the game?

Will Direct TV open the Sunday Ticket to the viewers?

WSS

Direct TV's Sunday ticket is free to all subscribers for week one only, after that we are on our own. Do as I did and get Time Warner in one room. I have 6 HD TV's in my house so one room with TWC is doable.

The game is going to be blocked on Direct TV's Sunday Ticket too.

why would it be blacked out its an away game

Direct TV's Sunday ticket is free to all subscribers for week one only, after that we are on our own. Do as I did and get Time Warner in one room. I have 6 HD TV's in my house so one room with TWC is doable.

I would rather dig out my digital transformer and rabbit ears than to go back to Time Warner they suck. No idea how much is Sunday Ticket cost to purchase what even if I did it would cost less I assume, the extra Time Warner bill.

WSS

That would be my guess, WSS. If you go to Directv nfl schedule and scroll down to the bottom to "Blackout Rules" they explain when they block games but do not expla

well if that is the case then I move to the living room for today where my TWC feed is at

Happy for y'all...

Browns made the grade here... local station is broadcasting it. I wonder why???

And FYI... Sunday Ticket never shows a game if the local station is broadcasting it.

(But... shhhhh... it still shows up in the Mix Channel.)

Happy for y'all...

And FYI... Sunday Ticket never shows a game if the local station is broadcasting it.

Excellent point; thanks for the tip!

Happy for y'all...

Yup- the reason a game gets blacked out on Sunday Ticket if a local on- air station is showing it - it's a perk- and it may be mandated by FCC rules- is so the local station gets the advertizing revenue.

Archived