THE BROWNS BOARD

Toledo

Axe

It is not. I don't fertilze our crops, we didn't plant our ten acre field this year. :)

I will probably plant some heirloom winter wheat on half, and then plant some open polliinated

field corn next spring, then plant oats on the other wheat half next spring.

But seriously, they need to stop the type of fertizers that cause this around the great lakes

area.

And ban soybean farming altogether- see, what happens is, they plant soybeans, which is a good bit

more money, at the least, than corn. And, the soybeans are from Monsanto, the demon gmo company that

seems to want to rule the world.

So, these soybeans are gmo Roundup ready, meaning, they are impervious to Roundup. So, the farmers

spray these fields heavily with Roundup in the early spring, and kill everything growing, including the good

microbial jobbies in the soil. Then, they plant these soybeans, and when they come up to maybe a foot,

they spray with Roundup (herbacide - weed killer), again, frying anything else that grows, wildflowers, weeds, grass,

and the soybeans go ballistic and take off. However....

All the nutrients in the soil get wasted, because they do it every year, and they need to use cheap, synthetic

fertizers like crazy, dumping it back onto fields again and again.

Now, corn, as much as I gather, isn't Roundup ready. But they plant it very close together to crowd out weeds,

some use a pinpoint spray of roundup, some use harrows to drag through and take up weeds in the space

between the rows.

However, they fertilize with super high nitrogen, because corn, especially sweet corn, needs a lot of nitrogen.

Things like urea, other stuff I've never used. But corn is relatively cheap on the market, and they go back to

soybeans that adds nitrogen back into the soil. This mass spraying of roundup is causing run off, with no plant life

to absorb the rain. Take a drive out into the country sometimes, and you can see foot deep drainage ditches

in fields where they shouldn't be.

I'll bet a lot of folks in Toledo wish they had gone a little bit "prepper", and stocked up on drinking water in case of emergency. Who would have thought

this could happen?

Archived