THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 OHIO STATE Football Schedule, how far do they go?

mjp28

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except, even though it's preseason, those rankings have a lasting effect on the rest of the season

Only if the teams play to about where people ranked them in preseason. If a team that is ranked Top 5 loses 3 in a row...say bye bye.

And if a team that is unranked ends the regular season at like 11-1....they will be highly ranked.

• 2 weeks later...

When you talk THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY football you talk "m" also, somewhat, almost by default.....

OSU wins it all this year. UM won't even be invited to a bowl game.

Does "m" have enough cupcakes to go .500 or better, if they do they WILL get a bowl invite, the B10 draws fans!

2017 Michigan football schedule - The Sporting News - I see 6 wins plus probably a few more.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/michigan-wolverines-football-2017-schedule-roster-recruiting-rankings-jim-harbaugh-big-ten-preview/1s2ttltaxz7v41n80k8ll1yl6i

Sept. 2: vs. Florida (Arlington, Texas)

Sept. 9: vs. Cincinnati - W?

Sept. 16: vs. Air Force - W?

Sept. 23: at Purdue - W guaranteed

Sept. 30: BYE

Oct. 7: vs. Michigan State - W?

Oct. 14: at Indiana

Oct. 21: at Penn State

Oct. 28: vs. Rutgers - W guaranteed

Nov. 4: vs. Minnesota

Nov. 11: at Maryland - W guaranteed?

Nov. 18: at Wisconsin

Nov. 25: vs. Ohio State

Dec. 2: Big Ten championship game

2017 Michigan recruiting class

Michigan's class had a ranking of No. 4 across four recruiting sites. The Wolverines reeled in another top-five class highlighted by five-star receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones and defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon. Four-star Dylan McCaffrey could be the quarterback of the future.

Three things to watch

1. How will the defense reload?

Taco Charlton, Jourdan Lewis and Jabrill Peppers all could be first-round picks in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Wolverines lost a lot, but defensive coordinator Don Brown still has several pieces to work with for 2017. That starts with a defensive line that features Rashan Gary, the No. 1 recruit in 2016, and Maurice Hurst. Mike McCray returns at linebacker. The secondary will undergo a major makeover. The talent is there. Will the Wolverines still have that same dominant defense that produced 46 sacks in 2016? If anybody can find the scheme to do it, then it's Brown.

2. Who are the playmakers?

Quarterback Wilton Speight returns after an efficient season in which he passed for 2,358 yards with 18 TDs and seven interceptions. Speight's top three targets from last season Amara Darboh, Jehu Chesson and Jake Butt are gone, so he'll have to mesh with the new group of receivers. Michigan has depth at tight end with Ian Bunting and Tyrone Wheatley Jr., and Peoples-Jones was part of an impressive recruiting haul at receiver. That position battle should be interesting to watch through fall camp.

3. Can U-M find a dominant run game?

That's what Michigan needs to take that next-level step under Harbaugh. The Wolverines averaged 2.4 yards per rush in losses to Iowa, Ohio State and Florida State. The offensive line is getting a makeover, and Mason Cole is the top returner. Chris Evans who had 614 yards and four TDs rushing as a freshman will be the lead back for Michigan. The Wolverines need that running game to be dominant to win a Big Ten championship. That's the biggest challenge for Harbaugh in Year 3.

Except, even though it's preseason, those rankings have a lasting effect on the rest of the season

So-so on that one if you win you move up, if you lose you move down. True a very low start can make the climb out harder but it's not insurmountable.

Wait wait... You put Cincy and AF as questionable wins? What? Are you following college football at all?

As of right now Michigan is favored by 85% or more in 8 of their games. The remaining 4 are between 45% and 55% (toss ups).

Wait wait... You put Cincy and AF as questionable wins? What? Are you following college football at all?

As of right now Michigan is favored by 85% or more in 8 of their games. The remaining 4 are between 45% and 55% (toss ups).

Yes I follow college football a lot but at 2:23 am I didn't look up Cincinnati, they are #90 on the FPI preseason rankings go ahead and put that game as a lead pipe cinch W if you want.

And yes "m" should go to a bowl game. Personally I think they might be better than expected close to but not a top 10 team maybe 2 or 3 losses due to the B10 not being as dominant this year.

9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

Early games can be scary especially on teams with turnover sometimes takes a few games to get the roster set.....but some lose early and go on and win a national championship like THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES! :)

9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

Hopefully OSU can steal a few games where they're the underdog. I think they might take one from Army. They could get the upset against UNLV too.

UM and OSU have about the same 'difficulty" in terms of non-conf. schedule.

And while I have not seen any lines, is there any game on their schedule that OSU is not favored in?

I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

Definitely a toss up

Note: I was checking some odds. At this point you can't find them for every game, just for some of the big games and for the first week or so. Here is what I found:

OSU 20-21 pt favorite over Indiana

OSU 8 pt. favorite over Oklahoma

OSU 8.5 pt. favorite over Penn St.

OSU 8 pt. favorite over Michigan

Michigan 3 pt. favorite over Florida

Michigan 15 pt. favorite over Michigan St. (so there is your 8th "heavily favored"

Michigan 14 pt. underdog to Penn St.

Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

Definitely a toss up

Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

UM and OSU have about the same 'difficulty" in terms of non-conf. schedule.

And while I have not seen any lines, is there any game on their schedule that OSU is not favored in?

---> 2016 TEAM SCHEDULE & RESULTS - OSU favored in every game - vegasinsider.com

Date Opponent Closing Line Total Result ATS

Sep 3 Bowling Green State Falcons -27.5 64 Won 77 - 10 Win / Over

Sep 10 Tulsa Golden Hurricane -28 73.5 Won 48 - 3 Win / Under

Sep 17 @ Oklahoma Sooners -2 59 Won 45 - 24 Win / Over

Oct 1 Rutgers Scarlet Knights -39 59 Won 58 - 0 Win / Under

Oct 8 Indiana Hoosiers -28 61 Won 38 - 17 Loss / Under

Oct 15 @ Wisconsin Badgers -10.5 46 Won 30 - 23 Loss / Over

Oct 22 @ Penn State Nittany Lions -17.5 55.5 Lost 21 - 24 Loss / Under

Oct 29 Northwestern Wildcats -26 53.5 Won 24 - 20 Loss / Under

Nov 5 Nebraska Cornhuskers -17.5 54 Won 62 - 3 Win / Over

Nov 12 @ Maryland Terrapins -28 58 Won 62 - 3 Win / Over

Nov 19 @ Michigan State Spartans -20 49.5 Won 17 - 16 Loss / Under

Nov 26 Michigan Wolverines -4 46 Won 30 - 27 Loss / Over

Dec 31 @ Clemson Tigers -1 56.5 Lost 0 - 31 Loss / Under

Oh OSU went 11-2 SU and 6-7 ATS :huh:

Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

Sigh

This is where I shake my head, realize there's no point in responding, and can only assume 99% of CFB fans agree.

Sigh

This is where I shake my head, realize there's no point in responding, and can only assume 99% of CFB fans agree.

We all shake our heads over your ignorance.....MSU HAS been the better program for a decade. So, yes, 99% of CFB fans agree on that. Last year they were not.

This year remains to be seen. YOU...and other think MU is so much better than MSU this year as well......but that is yet to be proven....on the field....not in the sports books.

Coming from the guy that didn't even realize MSU was a bad team and not favored vs Michigan as of a day ago.

Spend some time, look through MSUs offseason news, and get back to me.

You don't know that MSU will be a bad team this year. Just because they were last year...or because of some bad news. Hell UM is all about bad news. MU could be just as bad as MSU, given all their losses to graduation and the NFL.

And I did figure that UM would be favored...even though I didn't look it up until later. I assumed they would be favored by some.....but you said "heavily favored". I didn't think off the top of my head that they would be more than a TD favorite.

But, yes, they are "heavily favored"...right now. That could certainly change as the season goes along.

I didn't figure that UM would be a 15 pt. underdog to Penn St. But they are. I would wager you had no clue that that would be the case there.

Besides...you get a lot of oddities on these early betting lines. OSU is an 8 pt. favorite over both UM and PSU. But PSU is a 15 pt. favorite over um. If PSU is a 15 pt. favorite over um, and OSU is an 8 pt. favorite over PSU...then why is OSU not a 23 pt. favorite over um. Maybe they should be?

- We're not UM or MU

You are what I say you are. YOu can be UM or MU or TUN...or whatever. Deal with it. I don't care what you call yourselves...but just out of curiosity...what is it that you think your former school should be called? (besides the Team of Constant Sorrow?)

- Yes, I knew we were a heavy underdog against PSU (depending on where you look). The PSU hype is real.

- Home vs Away is much of the difference there.

Three points is usually all. Home vs. away doesn't explain the aberration above.

If you're fine being wrong and looking like an idiot, then yes, you can call us MU

Michigan

UofM

Mich

never MU.

UM slightly better, but still hardly ever

There is nothing wrong...nor idiotic about it. It is Michigan University...is it not.

I guess I could just call it CaththolePissholeAsshole College of Michigania..which is what it started out as.

No, it is not Michigan University.... It is the University of Michigan.

Trust me on this one

Riviting online sports reporting!

University of Michigan

University in Ann Arbor, Michigan

500 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109

The University of Michigan, frequently referred to simply as "Michigan," is a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.

Acceptance rate: 28.6% (2016)

Did you know: U-M has been included on Richard Moll's list of Public Ivies. wikipedia.org

Archived