THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 8 NCAA FOOTBALL, top 25, POWER RATINGS, games this week

mjp28

And as you may be seeing today, -7 is a major underestimation of Bama.

ALA favored by -17'or -18 and won by 19, 33-14. I didn't see the game both with 164 yards passing but Alabama outrushed them appeared to control the clock kind of a methodical win.

I'll be watching #2 OHIO STATE -19' at Penn State tonight at 8 pm on ABC. One of those freaky PSU night white outs might not bother the players but I hate to watch it on TV! :lol:

....edit add, let's look at the POWER RATINGS for this game:

OSU 59 5 4

PSU 40 2 4

So based on personnel OSU +19 Coach +3 HF -4 so the line should be about OSU -18 in round numbers, I just checked vegasinsider.com before kickoff the consensus is OSU -17' (NOTE the ' is bookie slang for 1/2 point).

So it generally is pretty close, how about that. ;)

Wow Penn state 24 ohio state 21 final.

OSU with an extra point missed, FG AND punt blocked, only up 21-7 in the 4th quarter and basically blew it.

PSU did play inspired defence late, oh well. Sure will make it interesting in the B1G here on out.

• 3 weeks later...

as I said somewhere else (forgot where) I believe LSU would beat most teams ranked out of the top 3

They already lost to Wisconsin and Auburn....neither of whom are in Top 3....and never were rated that high. So that disprooves that theory.

Who have they actually beaten? The three Mississippi schools (Ole Miss/Miss. St./So. Miss), Missouri and Arkansas, and a cream puff. Are any of them even a .500 team?

They already lost to Wisconsin and Auburn....neither of whom are in Top 3....and never were rated that high. So that disprooves that theory.

Who have they actually beaten? The three Mississippi schools (Ole Miss/Miss. St./So. Miss), Missouri and Arkansas, and a cream puff. Are any of them even a .500 team?

Some people fap it to numbers. Some people actually watch the football games....

Not really though. Considering the narrowness of the losses apparently means nothing to you. The fact that Retard Les Miles showed up to cost them the Auburn game (people that actually watch college football will know what I'm talking about; as for you, look it up) is important. Holding Alabama's offense to 10 points is something no one else has even come close to doing. They destroyed an Arkansas team that just steamrolled Florida, who is a P5 division winner. They ran away with the game against Ole Miss, which is a team that played top 15 FSU close and played Bama really close. They're going to gang rape A&M, whatever that's worth. So they finish with 3 losses, all to top 15 teams, two of which a fired coach is responsible for.

But yeah, some undefeated group of 5 team is obviously better because "look at their record." You're a football layman.

Not really though. Considering the narrowness of the losses apparently means nothing to you. The fact that Retard Les Miles showed up to cost them the Auburn game (people that actually watch college football will know what I'm talking about; as for you, look it up) is important. Holding Alabama's offense to 10 points is something no one else has even come close to doing. They destroyed an Arkansas team that just steamrolled Florida, who is a P5 division winner. They ran away with the game against Ole Miss, which is a team that played top 15 FSU close and played Bama really close. They're going to gang rape A&M, whatever that's worth. So they finish with 3 losses, all to top 15 teams, two of which a fired coach is responsible for.

But yeah, some undefeated group of 5 team is obviously better because "look at their record." You're a football layman.

Your claim was that A&M could beat every team that was not currently rated in the Top 5. Yet, they have lost 3 times. The last two in a row of those to unranked teams.

So much for your boast. You don't even come up to the level of layman.

Gipper was right for the wrong reasons. Good luck now haha

I was right about A&M for the reason that if they were good enough to beat anyone but the Top 5, then they would not have lost to both Ole Miss and Miss. St. I don't know if that is the right or the wrong reason, it is just a fact.

Your claim was that A&M could beat every team that was not currently rated in the Top 5. Yet, they have lost 3 times. The last two in a row of those to unranked teams.

So much for your boast. You don't even come up to the level of layman.

Huh? We're talking about LSU here. A&M has nothing to do with it.

Huh? We're talking about LSU here. A&M has nothing to do with it.

So, when you said "this team" could beat anyone that was not ranked in the Top 5, you were referring to LSU, not A&M?

They have lost to Wisconsin, Auburn, Alabama, and Florida. Good competition, but save for Alabama, no Top 5.

Yes I was. I think LSU beats Wisconsin if they rematched but regardless, Wisconsin would be in my top 5 (I think Washington is a fraud). Alabama is obviously in the top 5. Auburn was a Les Miles classic. Lastly, I made this statement before Florida. That new data point does render me wrong, I'll admit that.

Yes I was. I think LSU beats Wisconsin if they rematched but regardless,

I don't. No way.

Wisconsin would be in my top 5 (I think Washington is a fraud). Alabama is obviously in the top 5. Auburn was a Les Miles classic. Lastly, I made this statement before Florida. That new data point does render me wrong, I'll admit that.

Doesn't A&M play them this week? I think they end up with their 5th loss. Hell, they are lucky to be a Bowl team.

Honestly, they got no wins against any good teams: Jacksonville State, Ole Miss 5-6, Miss. St. 4-7 Missouri 3-8, Arkansas 3-4 in SEC, Southern Miss.

They have really beaten NO ONE.

Your Aggies will whip them bad, imo.

Lost to every other decent team they have faced.

Archived