THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Holder Wants Gun Owners to Wear 'Smart Bracelets' So the Feds Can Track you with GPS

Eric Holder Wants Gun Owners to Wear ‘Smart Bracelets’ So the Feds Can Track You with GPS (Video)

by Top Right News on April 9, 2014 in Crime, Guns, Liberty, Obama, Politics

holder.jpg

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News

Yes, that really is what he said.

Today on Capitol Hill, when he wasn’t yelling threats at GOP Congressmen, Attorney General Eric Holder requested $382 million for so-called “gun safety” programs in the Department of Justice budget, including “gun safety technologies” he would develop to “protect” us.

What sort of “safety technologies” does Holder want?

Well, some ideas include requiring gun owners to wear “smart bracelets” with an RFID chip that communicates with the gun and allows it to fire. And also manufacturing GPS tracking chips into every gun. The chips would transmit location data and could be used by law enforcement to send automatic alerts if a weapon moves away from the tracker, indicating that the gun is lost or stolen.

And that data could never possibly be misused right? Can you say, N-S-A? I knew that you could.

And why would gun owners have to subjugate their rights to government monitoring and perhaps control? For the children, of course!

“It’s those kinds of things that I think we want to try to explore so that people have the ability to enjoy their Second Amendment rights while at the same time decreasing the
misuse
of weapons that lead to the kinds of things we see on a daily basis, where people,
kids especially
, are struck down.”

Yes…Eric Holder is so concerned with your Second Amendment rights. That’s why they keep pumping out Executive Orders to try and limit them. It’s all for your own protection, you see!

WATCH:

Gun owners should rightly be alarmed by these developments, as Obama has shown he is willing to put nearly any kind of regulation into an Executive Order, regardless of whether it violates existing Congressional law or the Constitution.

But the most dangerous thing of all is not the data, but that this technology can enable a corrupted state to take a person’s Second Amendment rights away in the blink of a digital eye. That’s because smart chips in guns, when turned off, render the weapons inoperable:

Lowell Ponte makes the sobering point: “If you will soon be permitted to own or carry only firearms with a
that turns them on, understand that
those weapons can potentially be rendered inoperative at a distance in a variety of ways, such as degaussing cannons, compact electromagnetic pulse generators and other electronics-neutralizing devices
.”

Irish smart gun manufacturer TriggerSmart “…has [developed] technology that would
render guns inoperative if they approached electronic markers
— for instance, near a school.” The Limerick-based company has also developed
that can block the function of a trigger on an “assault weapon” “…by a command sent from an aircraft, satellite, mobile-network tower or radio station.” Won’t it be comforting to find that your trigger has been blocked by your favorite radio station just as you’ve leveled your
at a pair who have broken into your home!

Though gun owners are rightly skeptical of the reliability of smart guns, their greatest fear must be the misuse by a tyrant of mechanisms designed to render their weapons inoperable.

Tyranny — for your own “protection”. It’s the Obama/Holder way.

-

Gina, TRN’s gun rights correspondent, is a proud Texas Mom of 4, an avid hunter and gun collector, and vigilant patriot.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a great idea. You just got rabble roused.

I'm with you, something like this needs to be done, if nothing else at least the part that prevents the gun from firing if it isn't with the original owner. I do wonder if a gun with a chip in it could be tampered with to remove the chip.

I'm with you, something like this needs to be done, if nothing else at least the part that prevents the gun from firing if it isn't with the original owner. I do wonder if a gun with a chip in it could be tampered with to remove the chip.

Now I know you're a fool.

Seriously? You really wonder whether or not that could be possible? Come on bud...

WSS

Now I know you're a fool.

And now I know you're a dick.

Seriously? You really wonder whether or not that could be possible? Come on bud...

WSS

Sometimes, when I state a question like that, I'm trying to get people to discuss it/think about it mor deeply. It isn't as cut and dry as a yes or no question. For example, is it possible to a mechanism capable of making the whole gun inoperable if it were tampered with, or alerting authorities if the RFID is tampered with. Are there better alternatives to RFIDs for gun security? Engineers are clever people and just because I don't know if it's possible, doesn't mean I assume it's not possible to tamper-proof RFIDs with a clever solution.

For example:

"The company's Smart & Secure Insight passive RFID tags use a layered

design, and removing the tags from an object compromises the RFID

electronics. If someone attempts to read the RFID tag, one of two

things will happen, depending on the specific model tag employed:

the tag will be unreadable or will deliver a message that it has

been tampered with."

http://gcn.com/Articles/2008/10/23/Tamperproof-RFID-tags.aspx?m=2

For example:

"The company's Smart & Secure Insight passive RFID tags use a layered

design, and removing the tags from an object compromises the RFID

electronics. If someone attempts to read the RFID tag, one of two

things will happen, depending on the specific model tag employed:

the tag will be unreadable or will deliver a message that it has

been tampered with."

http://gcn.com/Articles/2008/10/23/Tamperproof-RFID-tags.aspx?m=2

Hey fuck you, go back to Egypt.

Its a great idea. You just got rabble roused.

No, the left has...if it wasn't for the left being rabble roused over guns, then no one on the right would be rabble roused over gun control now would there kiddo?

The left are the masters of propagating hyperbole, doomsday scenarios, and rabble rousing

Global Warming (now called climate change), turning Trayvon Martins case into a race issue, claims that 150,000 women a year die of anorexia when only 100 do, the Population Explosion in which millions would die by the mid-70's, that heterosexual AIDS will become a plague in the US, that by 2010 we would have to deal with 50 million climate change refugees, exaggerating the effects of a government shutdown, "we have a health care crisis", "must have gun contol" .."we must ban salt from our restuarants"...blah blah blah...the list goes on and on from idiot leftists like you.

it goes on and on with leftist idiots like you.

Hey fuck you, go back to Egypt.

No thanks, I'm a U.S. Citizen,cand I unlike you, I swore an oath thicker than blood to become one. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. Unlike you, I don't use internet anonymity to be rude to ppl I disagree with. I put who I am out there cause I'm proud of it and I take responsibility for my words. Can't say the same for you.

No thanks, I'm a U.S. Citizen,cand I unlike you, I swore an oath thicker than blood to become one. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. Unlike you, I don't use internet anonymity to be rude to ppl I disagree with. I put who I am out there cause I'm proud of it and I take responsibility for my words. Can't say the same for you.

So you answered 3 questions and passed a background check. Egyptians are worthless screaming monkeys. It sounds like you screaming at each other when you say hello. Your women are all fat asses and screaming banshies. Your country was last civilized 2000 plus years ago, now it is a cesspool of slums and poverty. So go fuck yourself.

Mr t, stewy, white dog whatever you want to call yourself I'm not getting into an insult contest with you. We've been there done that back when you called yourself, well whatever your alter ego was back in the Mr. T days. We both know who got the better of that one. After all, who is still using the same screen name and who is now calling themselves after a family guy character, kiddo?

So you answered 3 questions and passed a background check. Egyptians are worthless screaming monkeys. It sounds like you screaming at each other when you say hello. Your women are all fat asses and screaming banshies. Your country was last civilized 2000 plus years ago, now it is a cesspool of slums and poverty. So go fuck yourself.

Don't be such an asshole.

I'm not an expert on RFID but I wonder if it could be layered into the metal of the gun parts thereby making it quite difficult to get out .

It is a valid argument when you consider the fact that trying to alter the safety of newer firearms will only give a nice warm feeling for the people who don't purchase firearms. It will not improve a damn thing if the market is already flooded with older firearms. The type of people who need to use the safer firearms are the types who won't buy them.

I don't ever see it happening regardless. The gun companies have enough money to throw at politicians to twart it. They did the same thing when they applied pressure to get 922r laws passed.

You're a racist POS. People in my family worked on the tech for Reagan's Star Wars project, ran a hospital staff that rehabs lives every day, and worked on the Human Genome Project. It was an Egyptian who trained the American astronauts to land on the moon. What the fuck did you do for this country besides come on these forums and act like an ass?

And oh ya, look at that fat-ass Egyptian woman:

http://www.instablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/miss_egypt-fawzia-mohamed-hot-muslim_mnilb_19672.jpg

Archived