THE BROWNS BOARD

Kirksey signs a 4 year extension

this version of the Browns feels like something from the Twilight Zone

Why?

Everything is going in the right direction it appears, we have not been accustomed to such results since like 1984. Excitement is running rampant in my veins.

Kirksey!

Kudos to Jimmy, Dee, Sashi & Company, who just keep doing positive things.

Morale on this Team has to be "through the roof" right now & we aren't hearing the "same old Browns' stuff" from the media anymore, are we?

Upbeat new confidence this year & I can't wait until we hit the field.

Mike

Kudos to Jimmy, Dee, Sashi & Company, who just keep doing positive things.

Morale on this Team has to be "through the roof" right now & we aren't hearing the "same old Browns' stuff" from the media anymore, are we?

Upbeat new confidence this year & I can't wait until we hit the field.

Mike

Unlike the previous FO- they're not letting key players get to FA. Encouraging thing is these guys want to be here.

Cha-Ching$$ The Hawk-eye gets his Payday..Congrats Christian Kirksey!! Somebody buy Haslem & Dee a few Dinner's. That's 16M to Brock & a pick. Between Bitonio,Britt,Kirksey,McCourty,Tretter & Zeitler That's 23M in Signing Bonuses & 103.5M in Guaranteed Contract Money..Jimmy's old Magic 8 Ball just went Money ball..I Really hope Jimmy & Dee start seeing their returns in $$ & Wins..No better place to start than week 1..Fill Our House..Woof!

Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen.....;)

Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen..... ;)

Thank God I (Mud) finally started to acknowledge Sashi in a positive way!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fixed! ;)

Listened to WHO Mud? If he had listened to you, he'd have been gone a year ago!!! LOL

Mike

Thank God I (Mud) finally started to acknowledge Sashi in a positive way!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fixed! ;)

Listened to WHO Mud? If he had listened to you, he'd have been gone a year ago!!! LOL

Mike

Ha!....are you amazed? :)

Even more amazing is that Ive never once advocated firing Shashi or Hue and have always defended the need to keep them.....so, no, he'd still be here.....

Ive also applauded many of his moves and picks(Ogbah, Nassib, Collins, Peppers, Garret, Njoku....gave props for this draft, etc)...musta missed all that.....I also pointed to his stupid moves too(which have been many)...just call it as I see it....both ways....as it happens.....

The good news is that he's on a pretty good run in 2017......good draft....a good FA or 2....mixed with a couple boners....but Im seeing some good stuff......like these 3 signings, which I said Id give him BIG props for, IF he pulled it off.....and he did....

Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen..... ;)

That you did sir..(5 months in the works merry xmas) 2014 draft..#8Gilbert/#22Manhell/#35Bitonio(D. Carr went next at #36)#71Kirksey..Just can't Browns this stuff up.But I feel better bout that Car at LG.Just a little weird how those Car parts expire at same time

We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.

Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?

We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.

We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.

Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?

We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.

We either need one of the other 50 WR we drafted to step up or run the hell out of two tight end sets. Duke can sub in at Reggie Bush type receiving too.

Not sure why people are surprised the browns are doing this. They told us this was their plan. Gut the roster. Add talent through the draft with draft picks for now and the future. Sign select FA's and then re-sign the young nucleus to the team. Unlike previous regimes, this FO is executing their plan so far. Wins will be the determining factor, but I love what they are doing.

Archived