THE BROWNS BOARD

It's time for this team to win.

BrownsfaninPa

What they are saying is...at an over and under of 4.5 the majority of bettors will bet the wrong way. That's the over.

You really think the majority will take the over?......I was thinking the opposite.....

You really think the majority will take the over?......I was thinking the opposite.....

Maybe I can tip the scales with my 10 wins.

Maybe I can tip the scales with my 10 wins.

Ha!

Im guessing a LOT of Browns fans will take the over.....but they represent a small fraction of those who will be betting......and Im also guessing the rest of the world will be less optimistic with their money.....

c'mon peen. You can't 'run' yourself back into a game. Heck, you can't run to set up the pass any more. It's the other way around now. Joe Thomas said it a year or so ago, 'You need to have a QB that can take the ball with 2 minutes left and bring you down the field to win the game. You cannot run yourself down the field'. The defensive players now are as fast as your RB's. You can't run power sweeps any more.

As much as I dislike the way the Ghoul goes about making his point, he's right when he says that it's offense that wins games. And it's the QB that makes the offense go. In actuality it's always been that way. It's just moreso now.

When Houston had the 1st pick in the draft, there was no QB worthy of being picked anywhere near #1. They took the REALLY good defensive player. And they have a REALLY good defense. But they didn't have the QB so they don't have any super bowl rings yet.

We were in pretty much the same boat this year as Houston was. We got what's considered a REALLY good defensive player. But he ain't gonna throw no TD passes (in football english). He's just one of the guys that's supposed to tackle people.

There's an old saying that defense wins championships. (I love old sayings because there's always truth to them....kinda' like, Where there's smoke there's fire) But the thing about the 'D wins championships' old saying is that it's meant for the Playoffs. (more like 2nd round and on) Because you are NOT getting to the playoffs with an offense like ours (has been). You've got to have a good offense (QB being the main ingredient) to get to the playoffs...and THEN the defense can be the big separator.

Is Kizer the new Kosar? The NAMES are pretty similar. :)

Has Kessler improved his ability to hit on longer passes?

Is the Ostrich to be our GOOD QB?

If the answer turns out to be no on all three counts, then we'll be lucky to be mediocre.

Thank the Gods, someone who actually understands football and gets it!

I legit can see us winning 12+ games.

For years we've been right there in games. FOR YEARS. Even last year we were right there, coulda shouldof won like at least 5/6 games easy. In the end it woundn't have mattered if we had won those games we still miss the playoffs AND being able to own the first pick in the draft. Now we have Garrett and have put together an amazing defense and the offense is actually coming together pretty nicely. Nobody is scoring 25+ points on Cleveland next year and our offense will cover that when and if they do. We have an amazing opportunity to go in and have an amazing year, I'm talking 12+ wins and still own 5 picks through the first 2 rounds next draft... And should god forgive and allow us to have Gordon back this year... God forbid anybody to sleep on us in this bitch.

You're not only a fag, but a fucking nutbag.

Run the ball. Crow and Johnson make a good tandum, and the line is improved. That said, we do need the ability to strike deeper than 5 yards to keep the D out of the box. That is why I see a lot of 2 TE sets. Put them in the nickle and run a defender or two out of the box. Both Njoku and DeValve can pressure the seam and deep outs. A backer can't cover them. Teams are going to have to pull a backer.

This is not 15 years ago. Some teams, notably Pgh, won by not giving the other team the ball to play with, in other words a defense that did not allow long drives and an offense that ate clock and scored a few points. It worked then, as long as a team did not have to come back from a several touchdown deficit, because teams constructed that way were not very comebackable. I don't think it would work now against the gunslinger type of QB that is around a lot more. Someone may try it again at some point

This is not 15 years ago. Some teams, notably Pgh, won by not giving the other team the ball to play with, in other words a defense that did not allow long drives and an offense that ate clock and scored a few points. It worked then, as long as a team did not have to come back from a several touchdown deficit, because teams constructed that way were not very comebackable. I don't think it would work now against the gunslinger type of QB that is around a lot more. Someone may try it again at some point

just happened in KC with Titsberg in AFC playoff game last season. Labia Bell probably is still playing Madden to it right now..jump in my 15 year old time machine..I'll show you

just happened in KC with Titsberg in AFC playoff game last season. Labia Bell probably is still playing Madden to it right now..jump in my 15 year old time machine..I'll show you

Well you are correct, it did happen. Bell had a very good day but Pgh for all those offensive weapons sucked in the Red Zone. Things do tend to run in cycles, maybe after all the defenses are built to stop the passing game, someone will eventually build a running offense to exploit the weakness and win with it.

Archived