THE BROWNS BOARD

It's time for this team to win.

BrownsfaninPa

The Browns need to have their players leave their ego's, and high fashion appearance at the front gate when they enter the Browns property. Once they set foot on the Browns grounds, they are all the same, they are players and they all need each other to make this team a winner. Put all the street jive, and flashy jewelry at home. Its time this franchise start putting their foot down and start being a meaningful force in the NFL, and not the same old door mat to keep getting stepped on.

This means all coaches and players come to WORK, and earn a paycheck that you have been selected to work for this historic team. Lets not keep having this team in the history books as constant losers year after year. And the only way we get back to the mean and nasty playing days is if these players are taught that "you can be replaced". All I know is if I had the chance to be the owner I would have this team in check and work as if they were in a military mind set. But that's just my opinion. Lets get those glory days of winning back.

I am afraid it isn't.

Last year this was basically an expansion franchise that won one game, to now expect a large amount of wins this season is very unrealistic.

Seahawks wins from 2008 thru 2011 were 4,5,7,7 then since 2012 they've hit double figures every year.

That's a far more realistic aim for the Browns and as painful as it may be, the fans will need to be patient.

I am afraid it isn't.

Last year this was basically an expansion franchise that won one game, to now expect a large amount of wins this season is very unrealistic.

Seahawks wins from 2008 thru 2011 were 4,5,7,7 then since 2012 they've hit double figures every year.

That's a far more realistic aim for the Browns and as painful as it may be, the fans will need to be patient.

Agree

I am afraid it isn't.

I second that emotion.

I am afraid it isn't.

If you're a betting person- just checked the Vegas odds. the over\under on 2017 Browns wins is 4.5. Sounds about right.

I am afraid it isn't.

Agreed. With all those high draft picks the suckitude can't go on forever, it just can't, but if the 2017 Browns win 6 games Hue is Coach of the Year.

let's hope for 5 or 6 and mostly at home lol

just looked again at the schedule.....i see 2 wins 'maybe' going into the london trip. and poss 3 after the break.

saw pics of the london crew on tailgate romp in cleve years ago where one of the blokes was wearing a shirt that said ' i traveled 4 thousand miles to see the browns score 3 points'.

hilarious.

There is no doubt this team has the potential to win 6 or 7. The Addition of Williams to the staff and inflow of talent are big time. Teams like this surprise and win.

LOL! And to think it's not even August yet. By then we will be in the SB!! ;)

I am afraid it isn't.

here is the problem with this line of thinking: you are defining when the rebuild started based on when the seahawks started having success. Thats after the fact analysis. The reality is that in 2011 nobody was saying "the seahawks are on year 4 of a rebuild"....I remember that. Heck in the earlier part of 2012 they looked the part of a 7-9 team for sure, then caught fire.....

Like with cleveland...why can we somehow define 2017 as year 2(or 1?) of a rebuild? Because we sucked in 2015 and fired our hc and a new one took over in 2016? Well that was true in 2013 and 14 as well...so why can't we call this upcoming season year 4 or 5 of the rebuild? And if the rebuild started in 2013 or so, isn't it about time for the rebuild to show some results? Or are we just in a chronic cycle of rebuilds?? If thats the case, at what point do we get to define "new rebuilds" and reset expectations to zero where "it will take years to slowly build back up"....build up from what?

If cleveland wins 4-5 games next year, some will see it as signs the rebuild is actively on the upswing. You go from 1 to 4 to 6 to 8 and then 10+ wins....thats the pattern right? Well no, thats not the pattern at all. 4-5 wins is more likely to represent simply regression to the mean(ie normal suckitude) than any signs of what will be consistent upward progress. And when we go from 1 to 4 to 6 and then 3 wins in 2019, does that mean the rebuild was going good until 2019 and then fell off the tracks and a new rebuild starts in 2020? No, not at all....it means we sucked in 2016, 17, 18, 19, etc......

In this league you can 'get good' quickly and start to suck quickly. The margins for success/failure are pretty narrow and combine that with roster turnover gets you a lot of potential year to year variance...especially in a league where the majority of teams are going to win between 5 and 11 games every year.

Wow, fans calling 4-6 wins good and Hue Jackoff should be annointed Coach of the year for 6 wins..... When expectations of these morons are THAT low that says it all about the pile of shit they are selling to Cleveland.

4-6 wins guys, woooo motherfucking hoo!! Can't wait to see this epic season.

Wow, fans calling 4-6 wins good and Hue Jackoff should be annointed Coach of the year for 6 wins..... When expectations of these morons are THAT low that says it all about the pile of shit they are selling to Cleveland.

only become of past performance and the age of this team.

they're not going to flip a switch and be a 12 win team all-of-a-sudden.

if they do i'll buy you a bottle.

only peeps to ever take my gentlemen bets on this forum have been steeler fans. and i've paid dearly the last 10 years.......... the price of knowing they kicked our ass again and i'm sending quality beverages to swill infested PA trailer parks keeps me up at night......

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46968

Wow, fans calling 4-6 wins good

Dont see anyone saying 4-6 is good....just an improvement....(unless, of course, you can point me to those specific posts....Ill wait)

Personally, dont think you can, cause yer just talking out of your ass.....(but, Ill wait for the quotes)

Id much rather see improvement, than not(and 4-6 wins IS an improvement).....and Id MUCH rather watch the Browns stumble thru 6 wins than to read your made up garbage....

Looks like I have another name to add to my stupid list......(waiting on those quotes please)

I just don't see how every other team seems to be able to win a few games after a losing season or 2 but us? We are losers every fucking year no matter what. Why can't we put together a few 8 and 8 seasons? There will be NO Browns fans left in another 15 to 20 years. There has been nothing good that we had done to even attract new fans.

I legit can see us winning 12+ games.

For years we've been right there in games. FOR YEARS. Even last year we were right there, coulda shouldof won like at least 5/6 games easy. In the end it woundn't have mattered if we had won those games we still miss the playoffs AND being able to own the first pick in the draft. Now we have Garrett and have put together an amazing defense and the offense is actually coming together pretty nicely. Nobody is scoring 25+ points on Cleveland next year and our offense will cover that when and if they do. We have an amazing opportunity to go in and have an amazing year, I'm talking 12+ wins and still own 5 picks through the first 2 rounds next draft... And should god forgive and allow us to have Gordon back this year... God forbid anybody to sleep on us in this bitch.

I just don't see how every other team seems to be able to win a few games after a losing season or 2 but us? We are losers every fucking year no matter what. Why can't we put together a few 8 and 8 seasons? There will be NO Browns fans left in another 15 to 20 years. There has been nothing good that we had done to even attract new fans.

Every single one of those teams that turned it around got it right at QB, that's why they turn it around. When you get that correct then everything else falls into place. Shitshi Brownstain and Hue Jackoff can't seem to comprehend that nor have zero clue on how to fix the most important key to winning NFL Football.

You know it, I know it, the knuckledraggers who can't debate shit and can only hurl insults because morons know it. That's why you have people calling the average 4 win season an improvement by gawd!

Any moron in the NFL can patch together a 4-6 win team as we have seen. If these idiots with their 4 years worth of draft picks, $150 million dollar Oline and shitpile at QB can't manage 8 wins minimum then it is a failure. Pure and simple. That's why it is bothering people, because they know there isn't a QB on this roster capable of getting to 8 wins.

Dude....................... what the fuck is it that you dickheads cannot understand?

FOOTBALL IS WON BY THE OFFENSE............................Without a QB, threatening WRs, TEs. and RBS............... you can't win football games. Unless you know some fucking tricks that I don't, Joe Thomas doesn't cause points to be scored. Neither will Garrett. YOu can't keep wasting fucking #1 picks and expect to win.

Christ, dude, how the fuck can the Browns win? Seriously? How do they rest the defense? Really? Tell me that, Einstein. If the Browns get a 3 and out on defense, what weapons did this fuckhole Hue Jackson assemble to do that?

No, you're right. We should have loaded up on offense in a historically good defensive draft.

How is it again youre an accordion player and not a FO executive? I mean, it's so simple right?

Sim...ple...ton

Every single one of those teams that turned it around got it right at QB, that's why they turn it around. When you get that correct then everything else falls into place. Shitshi Brownstain and Hue Jackoff can't seem to comprehend that nor have zero clue on how to fix the most important key to winning NFL Football.

You know it, I know it, the knuckledraggers who can't debate shit and can only hurl insults because morons know it. That's why you have people calling the average 4 win season an improvement by gawd!

Any moron in the NFL can patch together a 4-6 win team as we have seen. If these idiots with their 4 years worth of draft picks, $150 million dollar Oline and shitpile at QB can't manage 8 wins minimum then it is a failure. Pure and simple. That's why it is bothering people, because they know there isn't a QB on this roster capable of getting to 8 wins.

Denver and Seattle both built the defense first, then got the QB that did not have to be all-world. Neither played all-world either the years they won, but the defenses sure did. Oh and both had key Aggie defenders in Miller and Bennett so why are you giving the Browns such a hard time about taking another who's at a similar skill level (actually better than Bennett) when he came out of college? Build the D, drop in the QB. The formula works.

Dude....................... what the fuck is it that you dickheads cannot understand?

FOOTBALL IS WON BY THE OFFENSE............................Without a QB, threatening WRs, TEs. and RBS............... you can't win football games. Unless you know some fucking tricks that I don't, Joe Thomas doesn't cause points to be scored. Neither will Garrett. YOu can't keep wasting fucking #1 picks and expect to win.

Christ, dude, how the fuck can the Browns win? Seriously? How do they rest the defense? Really? Tell me that, Einstein. If the Browns get a 3 and out on defense, what weapons did this fuckhole Hue Jackson assemble to do that?

Run the ball. Crow and Johnson make a good tandum, and the line is improved. That said, we do need the ability to strike deeper than 5 yards to keep the D out of the box. That is why I see a lot of 2 TE sets. Put them in the nickle and run a defender or two out of the box. Both Njoku and DeValve can pressure the seam and deep outs. A backer can't cover them. Teams are going to have to pull a backer.

Run the ball. Crow and Johnson make a good tandum, and the line is improved.

c'mon peen. You can't 'run' yourself back into a game. Heck, you can't run to set up the pass any more. It's the other way around now. Joe Thomas said it a year or so ago, 'You need to have a QB that can take the ball with 2 minutes left and bring you down the field to win the game. You cannot run yourself down the field'. The defensive players now are as fast as your RB's. You can't run power sweeps any more.

As much as I dislike the way the Ghoul goes about making his point, he's right when he says that it's offense that wins games. And it's the QB that makes the offense go. In actuality it's always been that way. It's just moreso now.

When Houston had the 1st pick in the draft, there was no QB worthy of being picked anywhere near #1. They took the REALLY good defensive player. And they have a REALLY good defense. But they didn't have the QB so they don't have any super bowl rings yet.

We were in pretty much the same boat this year as Houston was. We got what's considered a REALLY good defensive player. But he ain't gonna throw no TD passes (in football english). He's just one of the guys that's supposed to tackle people.

There's an old saying that defense wins championships. (I love old sayings because there's always truth to them....kinda' like, Where there's smoke there's fire) But the thing about the 'D wins championships' old saying is that it's meant for the Playoffs. (more like 2nd round and on) Because you are NOT getting to the playoffs with an offense like ours (has been). You've got to have a good offense (QB being the main ingredient) to get to the playoffs...and THEN the defense can be the big separator.

Is Kizer the new Kosar? The NAMES are pretty similar. :)

Has Kessler improved his ability to hit on longer passes?

Is the Ostrich to be our GOOD QB?

If the answer turns out to be no on all three counts, then we'll be lucky to be mediocre.

Archived