THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Brock a keeper?

BrownsfaninPa

Brock's contract has offset language...as mud implied. So if he is cut, we only pay the difference of what he is paid by his new team. He signs for 6m, we pay the remaining 10m.

If traded, browns can negotiate what they would pay, but it's still the difference of his new salary from the 16m.

We cut him and no one picks him up, browns still owe him 16m

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onli reason to trade him and eat part of the salary is if they truly believe he is the worst of the 4 quarterbacks and gives us the slimmest chance to win of all.

Also I would guess the GM of another team Would-be pretty stupid to believe that we are very high on him but are willing to trade him and pick up 15,000,000 bucks of his salary.

WSS

I'm glad that Kessler showed up with less fat and more muscle, and that he's added 15 yards on his deep ball. But he may still get beat-out by Osweiler. Fine...I'm just hopeful that we put a competitive QB on the field that won't cost us games with bad decisions.

My biggest concerns with QBs is their processing ability and accuracy - can they read the coverage accurately pre- and post-snap, and can they deliver the ball without it getting picked. Kessler seems to be pretty accurate, but his fear of throwing deep hampers the Browns' ability to move the ball down the field. Don't know much about Osweiler except for the Texans/Vikings game I went to last year - but the Vikings defense was at its best and totally crushed Brock and the Houston offense.

I'm glad that Kessler showed up with less fat and more muscle, and that he's added 15 yards on his deep ball. But he may still get beat-out by Osweiler. Fine...I'm just hopeful that we put a competitive QB on the field that won't cost us games with bad decisions.

My biggest concerns with QBs is their processing ability and accuracy - can they read the coverage accurately pre- and post-snap, and can they deliver the ball without it getting picked. Kessler seems to be pretty accurate, but his fear of throwing deep hampers the Browns' ability to move the ball down the field. Don't know much about Osweiler except for the Texans/Vikings game I went to last year - but the Vikings defense was at its best and totally crushed Brock and the Houston offense.

Watching Brock was very brutal last year. It seemed like every time he threw to Hopkins, it was an overthrow. Kinda reminded me of DA. I hope he worked on accuracy this offseason. You would think learning from Manning, he would know more about the position then Hue himself. I personally would love to see Kessler succeed. He didn't win a game and was didn't have the confidence to throw the deep ball, but the dude got my respect with his show of toughness. He would get creamed and get back up for more. He put in the work this offseason and made big gains with arm strength. With an improved o line, I think he will make the jump this year. It's just really hard to judge a qb with rookie a d 2ND yr wrs still developing as well. If any of you get a chance check out the Browns website and look at the roster. We are very young, which will lead to mistakes, but it's also something we haven't seen in years. We have been used to overpaid under performing free agents. Now we have some talent at some positions and have to let them develope.

You would think learning from Manning, he would know more about the position then Hue himself.

From everything I've read, PM was never into mentoring his understudies.

Archived