THE BROWNS BOARD

Crowell gets second round tender

gftChris

Here's the thing. If these guys convinced me with a Mia culpa that they felt bad for their past actions I'm good with either of them. It wasn't Kaepernick's attitude that made him suck, he just had, as Bill says, diminishing skills. And besides the grand standing on the sidelines he was a team cancer before that.

Johnny had, or has, mental problems. If he sincerely beat those and puts in the effort to get better I think he has a much higher ceiling. I know guys who have beaten the alcoholism problem. Don't you?

I would worry about Johnny because he's very bright and articulate and could probably convince somebody that he was sincere about riding the water wagon.

WSS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of Crowell (sp) makes good Browns sense.

1. We are rebuilding....building,.....or building for the future
  2. We have few good players...........
  3. Crowell is a good player
  4. We have plenty of cash
  5. Do whatever possible to fuck up this guy playing for the Browns.

FUCK YEAH MAN................this team really got's some shit together.

Fucking Morons.

What would you do if by chance the Browns made the playoffs next year. This is just a hypothetical. I am not expecting it by any means, but..in the past the 1999 Rams went from 4-12 to Super Bowl Champions, and in 2001 the Pats went from 5-11 to Super Bowl Champs. I am not even asking you about that hypothetical.

Just what would you do if they went 9-7 and squeaked into the playoffs.

Would you:

A. Give all Glory to a God that works miracles

B. Commit sepeku because your honor has been stained

C. Hide in a cave for a year.

D. Still frak off and become a Raider fan.

E. Cry like a little girl out of joy.

Yea, I know, you will say you don't have to worry because it will never happen. I fucking get that, so don't go there.

Just, a big "What if". What would you do?

We don't have to put up with peccadilloes from players.

Nice word. Is that a similar genus and species as armadillos?

It's a crossbreed of a peccary and an armadillo. Only found at the border of West Texas and East Texas I think. ;)

Unlike most of us "peons" Crowell has no guarantee of a sustainable career. He is young once. He has a healthy body once. His asking price is not unreasonable. How many fucking players do you jackoffs want to lose?

Now, I can see if the fucking team was in a money crunch, but ah, that isn't exactly the case, is it?

The guy is one of the best players on the team. the money is a pittance against the cap. Why do the Browns constantly fuck around with talent, put a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and then wonder why nobody wants to fucking play in Cleveland?

Pay the guy for fuck's sake.

& How would you know what he (meaning his agent) are asking? Every team in the NFL has had the same opportunity to shell out that $2.7 million, and declined because they've decided that he's not worth it and a second round draft pick. You can get someone in the second round next week (or lower) who will probably be at least as good, or better- and a whole lot cheaper. A guy like Adrian Peterson in his prime would already have been snapped up. Speaking of AP, he's still looking for work. It's a cruel business, and the Browns are offering market value.

I would do as I always do, I would come in here every time they won and take my medicine. I want you to pay close attention buddy, it isn't ME, who doesn't show up. Every time the flock of fucktards here has to watch my predictions unfold, as they generally do, it is the vox pop who doesn't show up, and then when they do, fabricate some horseshit explanation about why I was right but not for the correct reasons.

Historically, you should know by now, I am no coward nor am I afraid to eat crow. I dish it, I take it. It doesn't fucking matter to me. Have I been wrong? Not often, really, not often. I am a cocky fucker, I get it, but I am pretty much dead on.

The drafting of Trubisky, and then the big dude from Clemson, Williams, is it? THAT woudl give the Browns a 5 win season and a foundation to build. But Garrett and Black Tarkenton? Totaly horseshit picks. That will bring us 0 - 1 - 19.

Logic tells you this team is in trouble. Garrett would be a guaranteed losing season. And edge rusher is just not that critical for a 1 - 19 team. THe Browns won't beat a division rival again. so you have 6 guaranteed loses right out of the gun. You have 6 teams who have a decided edge over the browns and 6 more losses are likely there. In 2017, the Browns wins will come from a pool of 4 games. Now, if they grow to be a .500 team by those games, the they will go 2- 2. This makes them a 2 - 14 regular season record. If they get an " on any give Sunday win? Okay, they could have a lombardi 3 - 13 type blast.

The 2016 draft was a bust. You know it was. The team made the same mistakes and showed no sign of improvement all year long. Hue.s decisions and clock management was likely shit all year long. You think an off season will correct that? Hue left no foundation Gip. Everything in 2017 is being built on ashes.

If they get breaks, they could go 3 - 13. Either way, Hue is gone.

Well, much of what you say may be right. You know I have been on the Trubisky train.

Taking both he and Mike William IS intriguing.

I agree that just one defensive player will not make all that much difference.....but 4-5 could, and this team needs 4-5 defensive player.

Also....I think you overestimate the rest of the team's in this division. While perhaps they may be somewhat better than the Browns, I don't think any of them are all that good. The Steelers do have three good players on offense that DO make a difference.

Hence the intrigue in the Trubisky/Williams suggestion.

Ravens? losing it.

Bengals may actually end up worse than the Browns, believe it or not.

Well, much of what you say may be right. You know I have been on the Trubisky train.

Taking both he and Mike William IS intriguing.

I agree that just one defensive player will not make all that much difference.....but 4-5 could, and this team needs 4-5 defensive player.

Also....I think you overestimate the rest of the team's in this division. While perhaps they may be somewhat better than the Browns, I don't think any of them are all that good. The Steelers do have three good players on offense that DO make a difference.

Hence the intrigue in the Trubisky/Williams suggestion.

Ravens? losing it.

Bengals may actually end up worse than the Browns, believe it or not.

Regarding the Bengals being worse than the Browns this year, I'm predicting it. Their drafting studs ended with AJ Green. Plenty of mediocrity since. 2016 season they let their #2 and #3 WRs Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu walk, and they compounded it this year letting LT Witworth and top guard Zeitler go, and Zeitler is on the Browns now. :)

We'll see if Ghoolie's hypothesis OL are a bunch of unskilled fat asses rings true- because what the Bengals have left is pure crap. Dalton will be running for his life.

We'll see if Ghoolie's hypothesis OL are a bunch of unskilled fat asses rings true- because what the Bengals have left is pure crap. Dalton will be running for his life.

And won't it be fun watching Garrett, Collins and Ogbah chasing him down!!?? :D :D :D

I smell hold-out...

Smells of a draft day trade..even smells like a Jaguar or Panther(opens door for Howard pick at 8)? just not a Raven(again)..we love second rounders. that would make it what 5 2nd's in 2 years? You almost can't draft a Top RB for less money than Crow right now

Smells of a draft day trade..even smells like a Jaguar or Panther(opens door for Howard pick at 8)? just not a Raven(again)..we love second rounders. that would make it what 5 2nd's in 2 years? You almost can't draft a Top RB for less money than Crow right now

Can you trade a player not under contract?

Im not sure.....but Id think you could trade his rights?....right?....

Bottom line tho....he will sign somewhere.....and when he does, either we get a 2nd or we can trade him....or keep him....

Id like to keep him.....but, no matter how it goes, tapping a UDFA, getting 3 years of positive production from him, then getting a 2nd....is a pretty good turn....

Can you trade a player not under contract?

I'd have to check the Jamar Taylor trade (believe same contract issue) but Crow will sign it if trade is in his mind..Honestly he's another I believe "wants out Himself"..the cop issue did not sit well with Jackson. But handled Well in office..Am with Mud, rinse,wash,repeat should begin with "keep your own you made" but Don't let-- Pay the Man!! keep getting in the way..At Least act like you own 51M in cap

Im not sure.....but Id think you could trade his rights?....right?....

Cool... then trade his rights... for a 2nd... :P

I'd have to check the Jamar Taylor trade (believe same contract issue) but Crow will sign it if trade is in his mind..Honestly he's another I believe "wants out Himself"..the cop issue did not sit well with Jackson. But handled Well in office..Am with Mud, rinse,wash,repeat should begin with "keep your own you made" but Don't let-- Pay the Man!! keep getting in the way

Ah... the "beheading post"... I'd forgotten about that... but in part I had because he addressed it so quickly and worked to make amends... literally IIRC.

I just think the second round tender was an error. It was never a route to establishing his market value... but then in saying that I am presupposing we want to keep him.

After all... fat-ass RBs are a dime a dozen...

Cool... then trade his rights... for a 2nd... :P

Ha!...........or even a third?....or a player?.....HEY!....I wonder if the Ravens would be willing to trade Terrence West?.......

Hahaha....Im a funny guy.....:)

I just think the second round tender was an error. It was never a route to establishing his market value...

TouchDown!!^^Money Ball we have your Agent on line 1..

After all... NON-BALANCED, VISION-LESS fat-ass RBs are a dime a dozen...

FIFY B) ..long haired cornrowed hippy people,need not apply

• 3 weeks later...

Archived