10 @BAL, 23 -

11 PIT, 10 -

12 NYG, 44 -

13 Bye - - - - -

14 CIN, 113 -

15 @BUF, 28 -

16 SD, 54 2

17 @PIT, 152 -

This sucks, because I love Crowell- he gives it every single thing he's got when he plays.

My ideal scenario would be:

Trubisky as QB ... Kessler as backup ... McCown as Mentor/QB Coach

Leonard Fournette as our 3 down RB ... Crowell stays on as #2 ... Duke as a special/situational

Gosh Gordon returns and Pryor re-signs to make a combo for the ages and Coleman adds a dimension that makes Fournette's job very easy. If the Defense sell out to stop Fournette they leave Gordon/Pryor/Coleman 'wide-open'!

If the Defense tries to spread the coverage it opens gorges in the field for Fournette to run through; nearly untouched into the second level, he then becomes a "LINEBACKER" (bigger than Reuben Foster) with 4.4 speed, incredible power and amazing balance... It blows my mind that you guys do not see this!

We fix the line OL ... It doesn't have to be the best OL in the NFL, we nearly had that once and how many games did we win? ... It just has to work ...

We fix the OL in FA and the draft. The line may even begin to just fix itself through attrition and continuity ...

Before you judge me and jump to rash conclusions. Do yourself a favor and watch the video... What you need to remember is he is not even a ROOKIE yet, he's only going to get better! A Stronger/Faster Fournette ... it's not hard to imagine him being the best runningback in the NFL for a long time.

I just had a thought. Imagine if we had Trubisky, Fournette, Gordon, Pryor and Coleman.

The Defense will be better under Williams with coaching alone. But, with an Offense like that... that would make them better as well because our opponents will need to put up like 40 points a game on our Defense to beat us. period.

Come on, Dawg Pound. We are the descendants of the best Runningback to ever have played the game. It's amazing that you would want to pass on Runningback like this. Man I miss seeing the Orange and Browns just doggin bitches!! Remember when Crowell kinda crushed a little bit in the beginning of the season. Even though we were losing we were eating. Then Crow sorta fell off. Fournette won't fall off. Week in, week out teams will need to face Fournette and the best rushing attack in the NFL. That's where an unknown like Trubisky will shine out, Gordon and Pryor will destroy.

Shit, throw us a bone here F.O.

Come on, Dawg Pound. We are the descendants of the best Runningback to ever have played the game. It's amazing that you would want to pass on Runningback like this. Man I miss seeing the Orange and Browns just doggin bitches!! Remember when Crowell kinda crushed a little bit in the beginning of the season. Even though we were losing we were eating. Then Crow sorta fell off. Fournette won't fall off. Week in, week out teams will need to face Fournette and the best rushing attack in the NFL. That's where an unknown like Trubisky will shine out, Gordon and Pryor will destroy.

Shit, throw us a bone here F.O.

OK Po, Fournett is better than that other bust RB you thought was the second coming of Jim Brown. He's faster than Richardson, but I don't like his running style. Suppose you never saw Earl Campbell play. Trying to run over defenders in today's NFL will guarantee a short career.

The tendency for Fournette to re-injure his ankle could be a concern moving forward. Once guys get that first bad ankle injury, they remain vulnerable to a trend of them. For example, I remember how much I liked CB Leigh Bodden out of Duquesne to the extent I was thrilled we gave him a contract extension. Then came an ankle injury that changed everything moving forward. He never returned to the same level of football all the while he continued to re-injure it. Even BB tried to sign him later in NE hoping that would subside but it never did.

Fournette is projected to run his 40 anywhere from around a 3.8 to 4.4. At 235 pounds, that speed becomes really hard to tackle.

He is big and he's strong but he isn't just a bruiser. I mean he will thump a linebacker if he needs to but his agility enables him to also just shake em out their shoes untouched.

He's real fast AND real big.

Fournette is projected to run his 40 anywhere from around a 3.8 to 4.4. At 235 pounds, that speed becomes really hard to tackle.

He is big and he's strong but he isn't just a bruiser. I mean he will thump a linebacker if he needs to but his agility enables him to also just shake em out their shoes untouched.

He's real fast AND real big.

3.8 to 4.4???

Who fucking runs a 3.8?

That is like saying a pitching prospect's fast ball runs anywhere from 95 to 163.

Zombo

LOL! Holy shit! My bad! I meant 4.3 to 4.4

Crow ran a 4.57 at the combine.

This clip show Fournette squatting 400 lbs with "ease", says he can squat as much as 605 lbs. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/lsu-tigers-leonard-fournette-405-pound-lifts-video-future-never-forget-021616

I'm a fan of keeping Crowell, he's overachieved as a 6th round pick. He runs hard and can be a reliable 'backup' but he's not in Fournette's genepool. Some scouts have compared Fournette to LeBron James...

Crow ran a 4.57 at the combine.

This clip show Fournette squatting 400 lbs with "ease", says he can squat as much as 605 lbs. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/lsu-tigers-leonard-fournette-405-pound-lifts-video-future-never-forget-021616

I'm a fan of keeping Crowell, he's overachieved as a 6th round pick. He runs hard and can be a reliable 'backup' but he's not in Fournette's genepool. Some scouts have compared Fournette to LeBron James...

He wasn't a 6th round pick, he was a udfa. And he averaged 4.8 ypc with three bad QBs two inexperienced WRs and the Center From Hell.

Z

Okay, I feel you but if an undrafted Crowell can do that... tell me what you believe Fournette(arguably one of the top 3 most gifted athletes coming out this year) can do with a Franchise QB in Trubisky and an improved OL?

Crowell only passed 100 yards just 3 or 4 times last season. I love Crowell but defenses are not fearing Crowell. Defensive Coordinators don't lie awake at night gameplanning for Crowell. Crow is a good RB on a bad team. He's a great backup to Fournette on a better team.

Imagine an offense of Trubisky, Fournette, Pryor and Gordon with help and backup from Crowell and Coleman. Imagine a setup of Fournette lined up behind Crowell or vice versa. Sprinkle in a little Duuuuuke Johnson and we have ourselves a nice little AFCN Contender.

If we did take Fournette and kept Crowell, we could have a dominant rush game. What does that mean? That means we control the game-clock and buy our Defense the luxury of staying fresh and off the field. That right there already makes them better!

Then when the Defense flies around and gets turnovers we are able to turn that turnover into a demoralizing show of strength, pounding the rock right down their throats, and there's nothing they can do about it.

I'll bet money he doesn't run 4.4 or better.

I'll forgive Po's typo BUT. My gauge of Fournette's speed is as follows. Of the clips I've watched, at least he never got caught from behind- Trent Richardson did- plenty of times. OTOH Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson never did. I saw Fournette take plenty of unnecessary hits. He'll get hurt in a hurry if he keeps that up in the NFL. Saw a blurb on ESPN- Can Fournette be the next Elliot? My opinion is NO. Zeke at least tries to protect himself- Leonard seeks out contact way too many times.

And since it came up years ago regarding 40 times- I believe Darryl Green still holds the record @ 4.0 flat. Bo Jackson clocked a 4.1. If Leonard can match that 4.1, I might get mildly interested.

Per NFL.com these are the Top 3 draft needs of the teams with the first Ten picks in the Draft:

1. Browns: QB, DB, OL

2. 49ers: QB, OLB, OL

3. Bears: QB, DB, OL

4. Jags: OL, DT, Safety

5. Titans: CB, WR, TE

6. Jets: QB, OLB, CB

7. Chargers: OT, WR, QB

8. Panthers: OT, DE, WR

9. Bengals: Center, LB, DE

10. Bills: OT, WR, DB

#4 you can put qb in there as well as the Blake Bortles days are done.

Okay, I feel you but if an undrafted Crowell can do that... tell me what you believe Fournette(arguably one of the top 3 most gifted athletes coming out this year) can do with a Franchise QB in Trubisky and an improved OL?

Crowell only passed 100 yards just 3 or 4 times last season. I love Crowell but defenses are not fearing Crowell. Defensive Coordinators don't lie awake at night gameplanning for Crowell. Crow is a good RB on a bad team. He's a great backup to Fournette on a better team.

Imagine an offense of Trubisky, Fournette, Pryor and Gordon with help and backup from Crowell and Coleman. Imagine a setup of Fournette lined up behind Crowell or vice versa. Sprinkle in a little Duuuuuke Johnson and we have ourselves a nice little AFCN Contender.

I can't converse with someone that keeps talking about Gordon. Hue has shut the door on that.

Fournette and Trub just cringed when they found out their biggest fan is a flake.

Zombo

As much as I wish we were in a position to draft Fournette, we are not. If he falls to day 2 as Henry did, maybe, but not at 1 or 12. Our offense will be competitive as is, if we had even an average defense. It's a stretch saying we have 1 difference maker on D. Draft Garrett and Foster, Hooker or Adams.

Fournette has a nice resume so I see why he impresses you. I don't think RB is nearly the bare cupboard we have at many other important areas so I'd prefer some sudden impact elsewhere.

FWIW, Crow was named Freshman of the Year by the Associated Press on December 5th of 2011 when he played in the SEC for Georgia. That doesn't exactly suck especially considering he was undrafted. We didn't have the best line especially with the injuries we had as well as the inability to scare opponents with our passing game inviting some unfavorable numbers/congestion in front of many of Crow's runs while he finished with a very respectable ypc of 4.8 or 4.9. When we had both starting Guards playing, his average was about 6.4 ypc for a stretch of games. I see him as the least of our worries.

I can tell you what Fournette will do... sit in the 3rd Qtr when were behind by 17 points... just like Crow has.

Archived