THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to make pitch for Jimmy G // Trubisky #1 QB on their board

DKAllDay

He's a Northeast Ohio kid ... not a pussy.

The train wrecked in 2015. The conductor was a drunk little fucker from Texas.

This year we started filling it with coal, now we're going to put a new turbo engine on that fucker and get on the tracks in 2017.

Mitch would be stupid to pass on being #1 because it's the Browns. Every team that picks #1 sucks, every kid should want to be the leader that leads that team to greatness.

That said, I think he needs another year of school. His family may want him to come out now, rather than risk injury, in that case he's not a Top Five pick in my mind, he's too raw.

Myles Garrett #1.

#12 I am trading for Grop.

If we keep #12 and Mitch is there, I may be ok with taking him there (at this writing), but I am redshirting the fucker. Start Kessler, bring back McCown and let Mitch sit.

Zombo

:) We know where we stand Z. If Mitch goes back to NC, it's going to be because he loves it there, not because he's afraid he going to get hurt. Plus if he duplicates this season in 2017 with the Tar Heels- he's going to be a lock top 3 pick regardless if Lamar Jackson declares or not. So he has to mull the options he's either going to go to the Browns, or some other shit team in 2018. Hmmmm.... did they change the rules on the Supplemental draft? I'm wondering if he could pull off a Kosar. That way- we're both happy Z, if you can get over your man-crush on Jimmy. We get Trubs in the supplemental- (we should own the #1 there- I'd happily give up our first round pick in 2018 to take Mitch) Come April, we get Garrett, Hooker, a stud CB, Elflin or Pocic, and the rest of the draft is gravy.

For anyone else, I'd agree with you. But this kid is from Cleveland, their family are die hard Browns fans, and he's said he wants to play for the Browns.

Could you imagine having the chance to go #1 overall to your hometown team you've loved since being a kid?

In addition, the way our city loves the Browns, if he comes in and becomes a franchise QB and turns us into a perennial playoff contender.. (and even wins a Super Bowl) he would fucking own this city, have a statue, fuck every bitch from Mentor to Avon and never fucking buy drinks here again

Frankly, to be successful as a QB you have to have confidence. The risk reward of going to the Browns would be big, but as a QB you can't pussy out. If he feels like he's ready, he should declare. It's not like he's going to go back to college because he's scared to go to the Browns.

Egggs-actly. So true. Ag doesn't understand that's what happens when a Cleveland or NE Ohio guy plays for the Browns. Even a mediocre qb (Hoyer) or a bad one (Johnny) is doing commercials by October.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys do realize that even though he is listed as a junior, he has graduated already, and if he would be returning to school it would be begin Grad School in the Summer, right?

Or unless I'm wrong, he can go where ever he wants for grad school and play QB for them instead if he wants to go to a bigger football school.

You guys do realize that even though he is listed as a junior, he has graduated already, and if he would be returning to school it would be begin Grad School in the Summer, right?

Finance I believe? I may be thinking sickles though...

Maybe he is betting on himself? Dunno much about either of those guys that tweeted it.

Mitch left Mentor High School early to start his enrollment at U.N.C. He passed up the opportunity to play basketball with his high school teammates because of the departure. Might not sound like such a big deal, but his teammates at Mentor High School went on to win the D1 Ohio Boys Basketball State Championship without him. Mitch was the 6th man on that team as a Junior. That's a pretty big decision & a big commitment to U.N.C. ... which redshirted him that first year.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but somewhere in the story is a kid that went after his future without stopping to enjoy his present. Also in the story is a great kid. He thought he was going to Chapel Hill to compete for the starting spot, right out of the gate. He redshirted that freshman year and saw the nod given to a fellow freshman only because that kid did not redshirt and Coach Fedora didn't want to burn Mitch;s redshirt in an already lost season. He sat and waited his turn and while some might scoff at the kid as only being a one-year starter, others may look at him as being the ultimate team player that sat preparing for the day his number was called.

If you look at that scenario and if history repeats itself, he makes the move to the NFL. It is time, the money will be there and this was the ultimate goal (top first round draft pick). Also with history is a kid that will sit and learn, not take his millions and become unfocused - not cause a team any off-the-field distractions. You are getting a squeaky clean Ohio boy.

His stock will rise, believe me. This kid has no skeletons. He is big, strong, has good wheels, can make all the throws and will be listening closely to a tight group of polished coaches around him.

I'm not endorsing him, I'm predicting that he will be squarely in the mix for the #1 overall pick and the media will gush over him from now until April like a school girl crush.

Tim Couch ......... 6'-4", 220 lb

Mitch Trubisky ... 6'-3", 209 lbs

Player ........... Year ... CMP ... ATT ... YRDS ... PCT ... TDS ... INTS ... Rush ... YRDS ... TDS

Tim Couch ... 1998 ... 430 ... 601 .... 4,611 .... 71.5 .... 38 ..... 17 ........ 74 ....... 116 ........ 1

Mitch Trubisky 2016 ...304 ....446 .... 3,748 .... 68.2 .... 30 ....... 6 ........ 93 ....... 308 ........ 5

I see what you're saying about the weight room, but I only mentioned it because we keep hearing about getting "AFC North Players", and strength is a valued asset. Not getting swollen to the point where you can't move or anything, but Cody Kessler's lack of strength was DEFINITELY noticeable, and I'm not just talking about "arm strength" either. Cody went down with ANY contact. Many of the sacks were legit, and were either caused due to holding onto the ball, or OL deficiency, but there were several sacks I can remember that gave me the impression Cody wasn't strong enough. Just an observation.

The first pick we own is such a mental cluster chicken. What was our biggest need on defense? How many times did we rush 4 or even blitz more and not get pressure...let alone a sack? It just seemed like our defenders got "absorbed" time after time. We are DESPERATE for an elite edge rusher. Not only that, an elite prospect could help the OTHER guys on the team. Maybe Ogbah gets more pressures and sacks because people are more concerned with Garrett. We couldn't get people off the field on 3rd down, and much of that was caused by a feeble pass rush. Conversely, what position have we needed since almost forever? A QB. So perhaps the way I look at is: We need an edge rusher and a QB. Which prospect is better? The answer is Garrett, and for this week, that's who I want to pick. Not sure who will be available at 12 for a QB, but hopefully someone we like.

You mean Trubisky? Already graduated? No, did not know that. Well, now it even makes more sense for him to come out.

Tim Couch ......... 6'-4", 220 lb
Mitch Trubisky ... 6'-3", 209 lbs
Player ........... Year ... CMP ... ATT ... YRDS ... PCT ... TDS ... INTS ... Rush ... YRDS ... TDS
Tim Couch ... 1998 ... 430 ... 601 .... 4,611 .... 71.5 .... 38 ..... 17 ........ 74 ....... 116 ........ 1
Mitch Trubisky 2016 ...304 ....446 .... 3,748 .... 68.2 .... 30 ....... 6 ........ 93 ....... 308 ........ 5

I see that Aaron Rodgers is only 6'3" 225 lbs. At 6'3" Trubisky could probably put on a good 10-15 lbs. Someone said he was a weight room freak.

Here were Rodgers college stats:

YearSchoolConfClassPos G CmpAtt Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate*

2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB 13 215/349 61.6 2903 8.3 8.8 19 5 146.6*

2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB 12 209/316 66.1 2566 8.1 8.5 24 8 154.3

CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3

I see that Aaron Rodgers is only 6'3" 225 lbs. At 6'3" Trubisky could probably put on a good 10-15 lbs. Someone said he was a weight room freak.

Here were Rodgers college stats:

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3

I don't want him to be a weight room freak...I want him to be a film room freak.

For anyone else, I'd agree with you. But this kid is from Cleveland, their family are die hard Browns fans, and he's said he wants to play for the Browns.

Could you imagine having the chance to go #1 overall to your hometown team you've loved since being a kid?

In addition, the way our city loves the Browns, if he comes in and becomes a franchise QB and turns us into a perennial playoff contender.. (and even wins a Super Bowl) he would fucking own this city, have a statue, fuck every bitch from Mentor to Avon and never fucking buy drinks here again

Frankly, to be successful as a QB you have to have confidence. The risk reward of going to the Browns would be big, but as a QB you can't pussy out. If he feels like he's ready, he should declare. It's not like he's going to go back to college because he's scared to go to the Browns.

I think EVERY alumni from Mentor High School should get free drinks.

If Sashi and Company want job security, they will draft a QB #1. It will give them an automatic 3 years.. You can't fire a regime and coaching staff when they have a developing QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but when was the last time a regime got fired the year after they drafted their "franchise" guy?

If we take Mitch #1 and he plays all season and we go 3-13, I don't think anyone is getting fired because we have a franchise QB who is growing who needs continuity around him.

If we take Garrett #1 and go 3-13, more than likely heads will roll.

If Sashi and Company want job security, they will draft a QB #1. It will give them an automatic 3 years.. You can't fire a regime and coaching staff when they have a developing QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but when was the last time a regime got fired the year after they drafted their "franchise" guy?

If we take Mitch #1 and he plays all season and we go 3-13, I don't think anyone is getting fired because we have a franchise QB who is growing who needs continuity around him.

From a pure PR perspective taking Mitch #1 overall is a better move than Garrett. Most fans will give the hometown kid some time. There will always be a few idiots screaming he isn't playing like Elway or Manning right out of the gate.

Isn't this supposed to be a deep defensive draft? Better odds of getting a defensive stud than a great QB there @ #12.

From a pure PR perspective taking Mitch #1 overall is a better move than Garrett. Most fans will give the hometown kid some time. There will always be a few idiots screaming he isn't playing like Elway or Manning right out of the gate.

Isn't this supposed to be a deep defensive draft? Better odds of getting a defensive stud than a great QB there @ #12.

Did you see how Elway and Manning played right out of the gate? Not all that well. Their rookie seasons were by no means indicative of what they would become. So, yes, there would have to be a couple of "chill out" years.

If we're going the 'year after' then it was 2015 seeing as how Johnny was teh chosen one and we let Hoyer walk.

No. Johnny was drafted in 2014 and Farmer and Pettine got 2 seasons with "their" QB on the roster.

I don't think there has ever been a time where a regime is fired one season after they drafted their guy at QB. Which would mean in all likely good if they go QB #1 we will have at least 2 more years of Hue and Sashi.

Assumes a lot...

Say Mitch sits the first 12 games, then wins one of 4 and looks like a raw rookie doing it?

Say Garrett starts 16, hits double digit sacks, hurries and knock-downs on his way to DROY?

Assumes a lot...

Say Mitch sits the first 12 games, then wins one of 4 and looks like a raw rookie doing it?

Say Garrett starts 16, hits double digit sacks, hurries and knock-downs on his way to DROY?

Yes, you are assuming a lot, both ways.

Maybe Garrett is the second coming of Aaron Curry or Aundray Bruce. Just because he went to A&M people are ASSuming that he will be Von Miller. That is like assuming that Tee Martin was going to be as good as Peyton Manning just because they were both Tennesse QBs (and, after all Tee Martin took UT to a national title where Peyton didn't).

I am not convinced that Barnett or Williams are not better prospects.

I prefer that Myles makes them eat those words, but hopefully on our team. :lol:

Hey if we draft Garrett @ #1, I want to see a disruptive force. Von Miller good- that's the standard he's going to be held to. I won't have any problems with that.

Here's their plan (that I thunk up).

They're making people think that they like the QB for the #1 pick in the draft. (they really don't)

They don't trade for JG, to reinforce this theory.

Some team trades up with them for the #1 pick to take the QB.

We traded back just far enough so that all of the elite players are picked off the board.

...sound like us?

Sounds like the hillbilly way to me...

Archived