THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to make pitch for Jimmy G // Trubisky #1 QB on their board

DKAllDay

The source on the news comes from a guy in contact with someone in the organization. He has been 100% reliable, everything he has leaked early has come to fruition.

Here are links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5m1la6/browns_most_likely_to_make_a_pitch_for_jimmy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5eesre/mitch_trubisky_is_the_1_qb_on_the_browns_current/

Here are some of the news stories he broke before they became public:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5547ri/josh_gordon_in_rehab_will_not_be_playing_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/49wp3q/manziel_to_be_cut_by_noon_on_friday/

Let's discuss.

Don't kill the messenger.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The source on the news comes from a guy in contact with someone in the organization. He has been 100% reliable, everything he has leaked early has come to fruition.

Here are links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5m1la6/browns_most_likely_to_make_a_pitch_for_jimmy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5eesre/mitch_trubisky_is_the_1_qb_on_the_browns_current/

Here are some of the news stories he broke before they became public:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/5547ri/josh_gordon_in_rehab_will_not_be_playing_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/49wp3q/manziel_to_be_cut_by_noon_on_friday/

Let's discuss.

I am way ahead of this guy on Garoppolo.

We've already fired 5 barmaids at Camp Garoppolo for cheating the drinks.

Found a good one finally

kelly-bartender-pump-room.jpg

I guess I wouldn't be mad if we took Slim Jim G for a second round pick... our second second round pick. When it comes down to it I have just as many questions marks about him as I do about any other QB in the draft.

This. Also, if you think about it Garoppolo is the smart option. Say we trade for him and take on his contract. He only has one year left on his contract so if he fails we're not held back stuck with him for four years as with a QB we would draft. Also, he has had a few years to learn so if he's going to be good, it will show now. We won't be like Jacksonville where we build a team around a QB to find out he sucks, even after 3 years.

If he has an ok season, and we're intrigued to see another year we can franchise him, then if he proves it again we can sign him long term.

Also, if he falls flat on his face and sucks.. Well we can look for a QB in the 2018 draft which looks at this point to be a stronger one anyways.

For what the Browns are willing to give (2nd and a 4th) I'm on board.

Here's their plan (that I thunk up).

They're making people think that they like the QB for the #1 pick in the draft. (they really don't)

They don't trade for JG, to reinforce this theory.

Some team trades up with them for the #1 pick to take the QB.

We traded back just far enough so that all of the elite players are picked off the board.

...sound like us?

#1 ranked QB on our board does not mean his placement on our board. 17? other teams have Mitch rated #1 at QB also..Bellycheck if you want McCaffery, call me at #12

I'm trying to focus on writing this, but it's difficult when dat ass is glaring at me. Sheesh...I'd give her the wildest 26 seconds of her life. And that includes cuddling!

Ok, all kidding aside (it'd be at least 46 seconds), I'd give up a second rounder in a heartbeat for a chance at a starting QB. One that has played in the NFL, knows how to run a practice, learn an offense, and has enjoyed at least a tiny amount of success. Let's not kid ourselves. Winning a game in New England, and winning a game in Cleveland aren't even CLOSE to being the same thing. That being said, I think it would be a good use of resources to give this guy a shot. Don't forget that Kyle Shanahan wanted Garoppolo over anybody else in the draft, and nobody listened to him. Say what you will about Kyle, but the guys appears to know a thing or two about an NFL offense. The Patriots, of all teams, using a second round pick on Garoppolo validates Kyle's assessment to me.

I think many fans would be on board with making a deal that includes a second and a fourth, but I'm not sure how people would feel about using the #1 overall on Mitch. We'd essentially be investing the #1 pick, a high second rounder, AND a fourth round pick on one position. Is it the most important position in sports? Yes it is. Do we need to bolster this position? Uhhhh....yeah...just a tad. Should we spend ALL of those resources? Ehhhh.....

So the first two days of the draft would look something like this: Trubisky, Malik Hooker (just guessing), Garoppolo, and Pat Elflein (another guess). It makes us a potential different team, but losing out on Garrett or Allen is a bitter pill to swallow.

Trade our #33 and Gary Barnidge to the Pats for Jimmy G and a 5th round pick
Pats need an insurance policy for Gronk and Bennett set to become a FA soon.

I think DeValve can be our #1 TE. Defnitely can find a blocking TE in the late rounds of this draft or FA.

We'd still have:

Tennessee's pick in the 2nd

That's plenty to work with in the first two rounds. We can nab 2 defensive studs in the first, and a C/T in the 2nd (or preferrably a C if they will address the Oline in FA)

It makes us a potential different team, but losing out on Garrett or Allen is a bitter pill to swallow.

We lose out on Garrett/Allen then we have bigger fools in the FO than I had already believed to be the case. You just don't pass on BPAs like that, either one of which is a real game changer. There are no game changers at the QB position, only more candidates to run the Factory of Sadness. If you think losing out on Elliott and Dak looks stupid, just wait till these guys are burning down offenses on someone else's teams. Shame on us for even entertaining that idea.

Now if #3 overall picker Chicago wants to trade ahead of SF to get a QB, that leaves us still with either Allen or Garrett plus whatever other player we get in trade. That would make a lot of sense.

I'd be happy with JG over the guys coming out. I do like Mitch but he has some question marks.

Jimmy G would be an upgrade over Kessler, but we need Oline help badly.

Wouldn't hurt to have a bone crushing FB to protect the QB when the blitzes come.. Duke and Crow just aren't that capable with picking up blitzes (but they can get yards), neither was Pasztor and Erving..

Need to upgrade our OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Pass rusher and secondary help in the 1st whether it be Garret/Hooker, Allen/Peppers,

Marlon Humphrey IF hes available, Jalen Tabor is also a good consideration.

Sign Trumaine Johnson, Ryan Schrader,

Re-sign Collins

Franchise Pryor

We'd have a pretty competitive team next year with these pickups.

I'm trying to focus on writing this, but it's difficult when dat ass is glaring at me. Sheesh...I'd give her the wildest 26 seconds of her life. And that includes cuddling!

Ok, all kidding aside (it'd be at least 46 seconds), I'd give up a second rounder in a heartbeat for a chance at a starting QB. One that has played in the NFL, knows how to run a practice, learn an offense, and has enjoyed at least a tiny amount of success. Let's not kid ourselves. Winning a game in New England, and winning a game in Cleveland aren't even CLOSE to being the same thing. That being said, I think it would be a good use of resources to give this guy a shot. Don't forget that Kyle Shanahan wanted Garoppolo over anybody else in the draft, and nobody listened to him. Say what you will about Kyle, but the guys appears to know a thing or two about an NFL offense. The Patriots, of all teams, using a second round pick on Garoppolo validates Kyle's assessment to me.

I think many fans would be on board with making a deal that includes a second and a fourth, but I'm not sure how people would feel about using the #1 overall on Mitch. We'd essentially be investing the #1 pick, a high second rounder, AND a fourth round pick on one position. Is it the most important position in sports? Yes it is. Do we need to bolster this position? Uhhhh....yeah...just a tad. Should we spend ALL of those resources? Ehhhh.....

So the first two days of the draft would look something like this: Trubisky, Malik Hooker (just guessing), Garoppolo, and Pat Elflein (another guess). It makes us a potential different team, but losing out on Garrett or Allen is a bitter pill to swallow.

Those are actually two seperate articles in the OP. Sorry for not elaborating. So essentially, they're making a push for Garoppolo, but if for some reason it doesn't work out and he doesn't come here, Trubisky is their #1 QB target in the draft. That also doesn't mean he's #1 OVERALL on their board either. So I don't think they'd get Garoppolo AND draft Mitch. But if Garoppolo doesn't end up with us, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch goes #1 overall, assuming he declares for the draft.

But if Garoppolo doesn't end up with us, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch goes #1 overall, assuming he declares for the draft.

And if he has a brain in his head and knows the Browns will take him if he declares, then he goes back to school rather than join this current train wreck. All he has to do is look at how often our QB's get injured. Who could blame him for staying another year?

PS-deadline to declare is Jan. 16 though his father says his decision comes "by the end of the week".

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20170104/nfl-draft-decision-looms-for-north-carolina-qb-mentor-graduate-mitch-trubisky

And if he has a brain in his head and knows the Browns will take him if he declares, then he goes back to school rather than join this current train wreck. All he has to do is look at how often our QB's get injured. Who could blame him for staying another year?

He's a Northeast Ohio kid ... not a pussy.

The train wrecked in 2015. The conductor was a drunk little fucker from Texas.

This year we started filling it with coal, now we're going to put a new turbo engine on that fucker and get on the tracks in 2017.

Mitch would be stupid to pass on being #1 because it's the Browns. Every team that picks #1 sucks, every kid should want to be the leader that leads that team to greatness.

That said, I think he needs another year of school. His family may want him to come out now, rather than risk injury, in that case he's not a Top Five pick in my mind, he's too raw.

Myles Garrett #1.

#12 I am trading for Grop.

If we keep #12 and Mitch is there, I may be ok with taking him there (at this writing), but I am redshirting the fucker. Start Kessler, bring back McCown and let Mitch sit.

Zombo

PS-deadline to declare is Jan. 16 though his father says his decision comes "by the end of the week".

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20170104/nfl-draft-decision-looms-for-north-carolina-qb-mentor-graduate-mitch-trubisky

For anyone else, I'd agree with you. But this kid is from Cleveland, their family are die hard Browns fans, and he's said he wants to play for the Browns.

Could you imagine having the chance to go #1 overall to your hometown team you've loved since being a kid?

In addition, the way our city loves the Browns, if he comes in and becomes a franchise QB and turns us into a perennial playoff contender.. (and even wins a Super Bowl) he would fucking own this city, have a statue, fuck every bitch from Mentor to Avon and never fucking buy drinks here again

Frankly, to be successful as a QB you have to have confidence. The risk reward of going to the Browns would be big, but as a QB you can't pussy out. If he feels like he's ready, he should declare. It's not like he's going to go back to college because he's scared to go to the Browns.

If I had a dime for every 100% reliable source reported here... I could buy a Coke from the $0.50 machine at WalMart...

Hey... somebody had to take a shot.

I'm trying to focus on writing this, but it's difficult when dat ass is glaring at me.

Personally I could not get by the poor complexion. Forehead looks like brale... sometimes I hate hi-def.

... Trubisky is their #1 QB target in the draft. That also doesn't mean he's #1 OVERALL on their board either.

An important distinction to be sure...

For anyone else, I'd agree with you. But this kid is from Cleveland, their family are die hard Browns fans, and he's said he wants to play for the Browns.

Could you imagine having the chance to go #1 overall to your hometown team you've loved since being a kid?

In addition, the way our city loves the Browns, if he comes in and becomes a franchise QB and turns us into a perennial playoff contender.. (and even wins a Super Bowl) he would fucking own this city, have a statue, fuck every bitch from Mentor to Avon and never fucking buy drinks here again

So Bernie 2.0...

V1.0 did not work out all that well... especially for Bernie.

I can't imagine Mitch not declaring for the draft. The QB class isn't strong, he's ranked in the top 3, maybe #1, and he's healthy. I imagine he'll declare in a couple days, and we'll get a better idea of where he stands after his pro day and the combine. My buddy also said there are some crazy videos of Mitch in the weight room, but I haven't looked for them.

I can't imagine Mitch not declaring for the draft. The QB class isn't strong, he's ranked in the top 3, maybe #1, and he's healthy. I imagine he'll declare in a couple days, and we'll get a better idea of where he stands after his pro day and the combine. My buddy also said there are some crazy videos of Mitch in the weight room, but I haven't looked for them.

I am less concerned with pro days and combines. Sitting down and actual watching cutups of him will be the big determinant.

My buddy also said there are some crazy videos of Mitch in the weight room, but I haven't looked for them.

Didn't we have a QB not long ago that fell in love with the weight room?

Behind the UNC dog shit o-line isn't exactly a place to avoid injury

Jerry Summerville and Lance zeirline hearing he's probly gonna go back to school.

You guys do realize that even though he is listed as a junior, he has graduated already, and if he would be returning to school it would be begin Grad School in the Summer, right?

Archived