THE BROWNS BOARD

ObaMao thinks his styrofoam cup is more important than our military

calfoxwc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama like all presidents has proved no matter how lofty his expectations, he is nothing more than a corporate puppet with no backbone.

Bush, Obama, Hillary, Bush Sr., Clinton, you name it.

All the same.

Higher Taxes, More government spending, more war, more corporatism, war on drugs, police brutality, NSA, NDAA, Patriot Act, and your civil liberties getting flushed down the toilet while these statesman jam a big red, white, and blue dick up your ass.

The president is the commander in chief.

That is true whether or not it's a good idea do you have civilian command over the military, but that's for another discussion.

He has never really been in the military so naturally would not understand the attitudes serviceman might feel toward the salute.

WSS

If Reagan was the first President to salute the troops, Where is the OUTRAGE against the first 39 Presidents?

How could Millard Fillmore have been so disrepctful??????????????

Since the President is a civilian he is under no obligation to salute. Eisenhower was a retired General and didn't. I think it is stupid for someone who was never even in the military to salute. Diehard

Eh.... I'll defer to Diehard on this one - he's a civilian, but has the rank of command-in-chief. I've saluted some old

WWII vets I've met, out of huge respect. I love the stories. I would have understood more, if obamao, who trends a lack

of respect for the military anyways, along with our Constitution and entire country,.... didn't issue up a half-assed salute

in the first place.

A couple of points on saluting:

As someone who saluted many a superior officer in the 80's, I can tell you that a salute with

a coffee cup in your hand or contorting yourself with a dog in your arms would have probably

earned a "What the fuck is that supposed to be" from a superior officer.

I believe Reagan started the habit/custom of presidential saluting. Ike and JFK gave polite nods

of acknowledgement. Truman (my favorite response) would place his right hand over his heart

when saluted.

When I see the photos of Obama with the cup and W with the dog, I see two men who are very

likely preoccupied with other thoughts, with the weight and incredible pressure of their office on their

shoulders. Two men whose sorry salutes were most likely a reflexive action. While I don't care for

either man, I'm willing to give each a pass. There are much more important events going on in the

world to worry about.

One last thought...I've saluted generals and full bird colonels whose response would classify more as a

dismissive wave than anything resembling a salute. Not an issue, moved on with my life, had bigger

fish to fry.

On a serious note, the guy has much more important things to worry about. I mean really, think of a list of the responsibility of a president and see where you put "saluting the guy at the bottom of the stairs when he gets off a plane"

This is a pretty shameful take, or it's a complete indictment of your lack of knowledge about what the salute is for/about.

Archived