THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Looking Dreadful.....

browns1979

absolutely no feel for the pocket...that last sack where the ravens only rushed 3 was pathetic.

He hasnt made a single nice throw yet.

Yes some of the shorter passes could have been caught, but a lot of those passes were thrown into situations where there was no chance for success. why not check through progressions and have a shot at a favorable play?

bench him I say. even if he 'improves', it's clear he just doesnt have the skills needed to be a quality qb.

He was dreadful draft pick who racked up big yards throwing wide open slants against big 12 defenses......easy to see this failure from a mile away.

Bench him for who? Noodles? We've seen he can't do it. Weeden has 4 starts. The team has the most drops in the NFL. The o line is inconsistent at best. They got beat by 3, not Weeden. And we have a lot of rookies. Give him time before you write him off. He was picked by heckert and now we have him.

Some of you guys are smoking crack, I think this the best game, most complete game in all phases we have played this year against one of the best teams in the NFL. I guess you expect the QB position to have 100% completion percentage. You know maybe if we didn't drop so many passes this game might even be closer.

Negative shit?? It's fact. With time running and needing a touchdown he threw the ball out of the endzone. You can't score if you throw the ball out of the endzone. Might as well take a knee!

way to nitpick over everything, jackass. why don't you STFU until you have something worthwhile to say.

I'm saying I am the one who is usually negative but I can't kill Weeden for his game tonight.

The last throw was bad yeah, but fuck it - was a free play anyhow... I can't kill him for it.

He made great throws all night with constant pressure in his face.

He didn't play the kind of game where you go bat shit crazy over and complain about.

Runyon said it. Look even if half of the drops were completions this might have had a different outcome. You cant just judge him from the last play of the fuckin game, hell every Q.B. in the NFL has missed a throw that could have one their team the game! He did throw the pick six ill give you that, but overall i think he had a decent game on the road in a hostile environment.

We have terrible recievers little should be unemployeed perfect pass for tying touchdown dropped along with several others.Norwood is a joke cameron can jump but no hands.Fire thw WR coach or replace these pittiful recievers.Why doesn't benjamin or gordon play more they can't be any worse than the starter and Mo Mass isn't that great either.Weeden can and would get it done if these idiots wouldn't keep dropping so many passes.Trade COLT so every one of his nut huggers will shut up he is terrible.

Negative shit?? It's fact. With time running and needing a touchdown he threw the ball out of the endzone. You can't score if you throw the ball out of the endzone. Might as well take a knee!

Here is a more important fact for you: when Weeden threw a very catchable pass that hit both of Little's hands(bricks), he couldn't bring down the catch for a TD. I take it that you're just a whiny simpleton who believes that quarterbacks operate in a vacuum. Go jerk off on your McCoy jersey, again.

His total lack of accuracy has me worried, very worried.

Total lack of accuracy? How many passes did Weeden throw that were catchable and got dropped? Aaron freaking Rodgers isn't 100% accurate 100% of the time.

Or did you forget the game was played in a downpour, and yes, a few passes were off target- wet ball slippage?

I've seen enough already to say- anyone who wants Colt back in there is nuts.

B Dub played a hell of a game in a hostile place. Anyone calling for his replacement is of course the knee jerk reaction type of player. His pick 6 was even a back shoulder pass that the db made a great play on. He stood in the pocket tonight and showed some balls against the Baltimore pressure. Greg Little dropped 5 of his passes and his stats would have been even better. I for one hate to lose, but since the beginning of the year you can actually see progress with the young guys. We have been in every game so far to the very end, and that is something for these guys to be proud of. As for the people who always continue to bitch and talk shit 4 minutes into the game about how bad we are, GFY!!! Bleed your colors, and Go Browns!

If anyone remembers me being in the chat room during the first half, I accurately predicted the Pic-6 was coming. Weeds is not looking through his progressions and he's staring down WR's. The broadcast booth even showed a very wide open little up the middle and he dumped it of to Richardson (still a good play though by Richardson) at one point. Maybe Weeds is getting gun shy at throwing to Little. I know I would be.

I did see where instead of collapsing in the pocket, he actually stepped up, and towards the line of scrimmage. I can't remember where it was, I think it was during that 94 yard TD drive. But I remember telling myself that it was an improvement. First few games when the pressure was coming he would move with the mass of bodies instead of stepping away (which is usually towards the line of scrimmage). This one play, he actually stepped up and away from the pressure and made a good throw. I'm not ready to crucify the guy yet. But that last throw in the end zone. What the heck was that. Give someone, ANYONE a chance to catch it.

If anyone remembers me being in the chat room during the first half, I accurately predicted the Pic-6 was coming. Weeds is not looking through his progressions and he's staring down WR's. The broadcast booth even showed a very wide open little up the middle and he dumped it of to Richardson (still a good play though by Richardson) at one point. Maybe Weeds is getting gun shy at throwing to Little. I know I would be.

I did see where instead of collapsing in the pocket, he actually stepped up, and towards the line of scrimmage. I can't remember where it was, I think it was during that 94 yard TD drive. But I remember telling myself that it was an improvement. First few games when the pressure was coming he would move with the mass of bodies instead of stepping away (which is usually towards the line of scrimmage). This one play, he actually stepped up and away from the pressure and made a good throw. I'm not ready to crucify the guy yet. But that last throw in the end zone. What the heck was that. Give someone, ANYONE a chance to catch it.

Throwing to Little is a big risk, more often then not he drops it.

Some of you guys are smoking crack, I think this the best game, most complete game in all phases we have played this year against one of the best teams in the NFL. I guess you expect the QB position to have 100% completion percentage. You know maybe if we didn't drop so many passes this game might even be closer.

You are 100% right. Sorry I saw progress especially in the second half. He played with much more energy and is starting to check down receivers.

I thought Weeden played a hell of a game. 300+ yards in the rain, in a very hostile place, and only playing 3 previous games as a pro, oh, and he hit 9 receivers again today, so I'm warming to the old man rookie.

Little pooped on this game. The last throw, nobody could grab, but the previous one in the endzone, you have to make that play. Weeden threw it to the one spot Little could make a play, but as with most balls thrown to him, they bounced right off of his brick hands. Mental Midget.

What has me worried is his throws at the end of games, he normally throws his worst passes when we need to drive to Score...Thats not encouraging considering in this league the Great ones have the ability to march down the field at the end of the game and score...

I thought the Browns played strong. The interception was the difference in the game. Otherwise, its tied. They moved the ball well. AND have a hell of a kicker. The O line gave him a lot of time on most plays. The game was very, very close.

When you have a roster that has 15 rookies and 11 second year players, they are going to make mistakes.

Let's put it this way....by near the end of this season when all these kids get some experience and when the Ravens come into town here ....with perhaps a playoff bid on the line, they could have their hands full even more then.

I think that can happen. I think these kids can mature....even freeking Greg Little will be improved.

The only drawback is our HC. I think all our young players can improve. I am not as confident in Shurmur.

When you have a roster that has 15 rookies and 11 second year players, they are going to make mistakes.

Let's put it this way....by near the end of this season when all these kids get some experience and when the Ravens come into town here ....with perhaps a playoff bid on the line, they could have their hands full even more then.

I think that can happen. I think these kids can mature....even freeking Greg Little will be improved.

The only drawback is our HC. I think all our young players can improve. I am not as confident in Shurmur.

Agree 100%. There's no way a team of mostly rookies and 2nd year players are gonna come lights out into the NFL. Although our record stinks, I don't give a shit. The offense is much improved since last season and we have a ton of potential. Unfortunately potential doesn't guarantee anything but the guys now are at least entertaining to watch.

You could talk about the dropped TD by greg little or the one to Norwood where Ed Reed made a hell of a play on. Both those balls could have been TDs. Or you could talk about how Weeden marched us from the 10 yard line down to the ravens 30 in less than a minute. Or you could talk about all the dropped balls.

In my opinion Weeden had 2 bad throws. The pick 6 was jumped by the CB.. great play by the ravens D but Weeden could've put that ball out further in front of travis. The throw out of the back of the endzone.. eh, idk. Maybe he was pumped full of adrenaline.

Weeden has made big time throws all season and has looked like a solid rookie QB. Colt McCoy would have shat himself if he had to drive the field with 1 minute left and you KNOW it.

Archived