THE BROWNS BOARD

The problem with Wentz (maybe why we passed on him)

sdballis

What great LB's we don't have, but starters are on the way. My son scouted the one from Plano East last year and he says he is a "Bama" level ILB from day one. H.S. Man among boys even as a Junior.

Whose fault is your first 6 words? And if you think that's our only issue I don't know what to say.

So we're saying Wentz, a rookie from a small school program, hasn't been perfect in his first NFL season after spending his offseason being told he's not ready or going to start and being 3rd string? Outrageous. The kid will be fine, but he's not Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning so I'm not any more bothered about him not being our QB than Carr, Mariota, Big Ben, Rodgers and the rest.

F*** those grapes. They are probably sour anyway.

WSS

Interesting article... includes a weekly poll of our future QB options... and a pie chart of the results!

One sliver of pie I'd not considered? Bengals' 2018 UFA, back-up, AJ McCarron, my 2014 Darkhorse-in-waiting, is polling at 6%... LANDSLIDE!

Did the Browns actually win the Carson Wentz trade? Browns Future QB Tracker, Week 13
By Doug Lesmerises, cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/12/did_the_browns_actually_win_th.html

The heart of the article is an interview with an Eagles writer for NJ.com.

"After starting out red hot, Wentz has not shown many signs of improvement over the past few weeks, and the same issues that have plagued him since training camp -- high throws, risk passes -- are still there," Shorr-Parks wrote in an e-mail. "It feels more like he has hit a plateau, and the fact he hasn't shown significant signs of improvement could be considered alarming. His long term prognosis, however, is still very high."

Embedded in the above article are links to a number of NJ articles. Eagles fan base bleeds significantly into western NJ. This one shows where the Wentz-coaster has gone as the season has progressed:

Eagles' worst nightmare: What if Carson Wentz isn't that good?
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/12/eagles_worst_nightmare_what_if_carson_wentz_isnt_t.html#incart_river_index

There's even a question about Doug Pederson's job security for mishandling their rookie QB.

Shades of us...

Archived