THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get lucky (stop laughing), Reiter could be our center. Maybe not an allstar, but possibly "serviceable", right? And before you dismiss the Dalvin Cook selection, remember Crow might not be back, and we could very easily need a premier RB. I'm obviously an FSU homer, but Cook is a rare talent that can house the ball whenever he touches it, and he can also hurt you through the air. Additionally, he will pick up the blitz too. I'm not saying it's what I WOULD DO, but it'd be fun!

I've heard several people say Cook is their chosen RB.

I thought that Leonard Fourette was the de facto front runner for top RB this draft?

I also really like McCafferey.

Who do you like the best though?

My toes still hurt from the Raiders - Browns game....red right 88.....there was so much pain that day....

Ya, I remember it well. Damn, would analytics have led Sam to try the FG instead? I thought about that when Hue stated that analytics leads to his play calling. That was why he went for 2 early amongst other plays

My toes still hurt from the Raiders - Browns game....red right 88.....there was so much pain that day....

There was pain for me that day too Mud- but it had nothing to do with my toes. I was sitting in what was to become the Dawg Pound and Red Right 88 happened right in front of me. It's a nightmare I'll never get over.

But on a physical level, I was quite toasty in my Gerry Expedition parka that day swilling Jack Daniels with my pals. Who BTW, happened to be in town from their home in Alaska- they weren't much concerned about the weather either, LOL!! Though Tim was warning me about the potential dangers of walking into an unheated cabin when it's 40 below and hitting a shot or two of super cooled booze- people have died from trying that.

My coldest game ever happened a few years later against the Rams. Our traveler beers were freezing in our hands on the walk over from the Tailgate to the Stadium.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A-)

Round 1 Pick 10: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

Round 5 Pick 32: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

I say if we're gonna get a QB let's protect him... what do ya say? lol

Then we got Myles Garrett's counterpart, on the cheap. We also picked up our new backfield. Duke Johnson and Donnel Pumphrey will be lightning and quicksilver back there! Stevenson is also a guy that will help out the QB. All in?

Only problem with that in reality is the Jets are very high on Trubisky and he will be gone by 10 .....like the Hall pick in the 4th but we need a corner as I think Haden will get traded

they should be alright, providing they keep Pryor and Hawkins........in time, Coleman and Higgins should be adequate.....and Devalve is looking better and better everyday......great catch last week....possible heir apparent to Barny?

tho you are right.....still shaking my head over those picks.....and, now, even more.....considering how they look so far....

Coleman reminds me of a smaller version of Braylon Edwards.

If the guy has a bad case of dropsies, he's not gonna be around long in the NFL.

I agree about Devalve, he could end up being our long term solution for Barnidge.

Your score is: 11189 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 4 (JAX): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 1 Pick 10: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)

Round 1 Pick 17 (BALT): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 8 (CINN): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A-)

Round 2 Pick 11 (ARI): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)

Round 3 Pick 28 (PITT): Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois (A-)

Round 4 Pick 16 (TENN): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)

Round 4 Pick 28 (PITT): Vince Biegel, OLB, Wisconsin (A)

Round 5 Pick 24 (K.C.): Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)

Round 5 Pick 28 (PITT): Ed Paris, CB, LSU (A-)

Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (JAX)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Sounds awful

they should be alright, providing they keep Pryor and Hawkins........in time, Coleman and Higgins should be adequate.....and Devalve is looking better and better everyday......great catch last week....possible heir apparent to Barny?

tho you are right.....still shaking my head over those picks.....and, now, even more.....considering how they look so far....

That Devalve catch was outstanding, and I REALLY like what I see from this kid. He looks very natural once he has the ball, and my only concern is his ability to stay healthy. I believe he struggled with injuries in college, and he was hurt several times this year.

Has everyone but myself written off Josh Gordon?!!

He's coming back.

If he doesn't then that is on our FO. He's made mistakes but he's costing US nothing but disappointment. When he gets his act together that disappointment turns quickly to excitement as Gordon, Coleman and Pryor light up first energy stadium!

He's coming back.

If he doesn't then that is on our FO. He's made mistakes but he's costing US nothing but disappointment. When he gets his act together that disappointment turns quickly to excitement as Gordon, Coleman and Pryor light up first energy stadium!

He's not coming back

Yes...everyone but you. But you were also the last one on the Trent Richardson bandwagon, telling us all how he was going to turn into something great. You also were the last one driving the Johnny Fucktard bandwagon as well, how are those two working out these days?

Gordon is done in the NFL. If he had 1/4 of a brain he would get in touch with Michael Irvin, who has reached out to him and had his fair share of demons, but he's too busy getting wasted to care.

Sorry guys... but I disagree.

Why would Josh be done? The Commish reinstated him and Gordon declined the reinstatement and entered into rehab BEFORE he had an incident. That will be looked at in a positive light, that will get him reinstated so that he can rejoin the team in the spring, as long as there are no other setbacks.

The FO didn't say they would release him, Hue simply stated that the 'conversation' regarding Josh Gordon was over, they were moving on from the 'Josh Gordon discussion'. The Front Office has stated all along that they are focused on the team that they have in front of them, since Josh wasn't going to be able to join them at that time, they weren't going to discuss him any further. At least, that's what I took away from it.

Once he's reinstated and in good standing with the league again the Browns FO will once again embrace him and all the talent that he brings to the table. As I said, he's not hurting us, we drafted 4 WR and Pryor has also emerged, we are under no obligation to trade him, play him or otherwise, we would be foolish to let him walk.

Gordon is not a cancer, he's a terrific looker room player. He wants to be here in Cleveland, and as long as the fans and FO still love Josh as a person and a player he will continue to be a Brown for a long time. I personally can't wait until he returns 100% healthy and committed to football, it will be a momentous occasion!

Q: Has everyone but myself written off Josh Gordon?!!

He's coming back.

A: Yes. The Browns are SO tired of his act.

Yes...everyone but you. But you were also the last one on the Trent Richardson bandwagon, telling us all how he was going to turn into something great. You also were the last one driving the Johnny Fucktard bandwagon as well, how are those two working out these days?

Gordon is done in the NFL. If he had 1/4 of a brain he would get in touch with Michael Irvin, who has reached out to him and had his fair share of demons, but he's too busy getting wasted to care.

Hey, he gets reinstated- I trade him to the Patriots straight up for Garropolo. That should make Z happy, and it doesn't cost us any draft picks either. Bill would be salivating to get the second coming of Randy Moss.

Like the first 3 picks on this one

Your score is: 10912 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Jabrill Peppers, OLB/SS, Michigan (A+)
Round 1 Pick 16 (TENN): Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida (A+)
Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 2 Pick 16: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (A+))
Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (JAX): Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State (A
Round 5 Pick 32: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

oh, baloney. Davenport isn't going to last until the sixth round. Adams won't be there in the fifth.

Curtis Samuel in the FOURTH? LOLOLOLOLOL. wrong. these players won't be where you think you can take them.

Why not just draft Trubisky in the seventh round, at the rate you draft?

The Titans have their bigtime qb, why the bullbleep would they trade up?

They are more likely to trade down and get a few more picks.

oh, baloney. Davenport isn't going to last until the sixth round. Adams won't be there in the fifth.

Curtis Samuel in the FOURTH? LOLOLOLOLOL. wrong. these players won't be where you think you can take them.

Why not just draft Trubisky in the seventh round, at the rate you draft?

The Titans have their bigtime qb, why the bullbleep would they trade up?

They are more likely to trade down and get a few more picks.

Cal, that guy doesn't control the software that spits out the players.

As our "can't block" TE? Sure... I would really would like to see him at H-back. Feel like he could create more problems for Ds working out of the backfield.

That said I still have a dual-purpose TE on my wishlist. Thought we missed the boat on Fidorowicz a couple years back. He really came on as a receiving TE this year for the Texans.

Sorry guys... but I disagree.

I agree, Po... Gordon still has a shot, but our FO is not exactly betting the farm on his return... and who can blame them? Even should he clear his personal hurdles there still the matter of how much of the player we saw burst onto the scene in 2013 is still there. Even his kind of talent has a shelf life.

And since this is the place to toss out names... Mason Rudolf. Still a Junior though... No idea what his intentions are.

Caught him last nite in OSU's bowl. As compact a throwing motion and quick release as I've seen at the collegiate level in a good while, and has a freaking rocket of an arm. One minus was a lack of preservation instinct in his runs.

Archived