One Strike

ballpeen SEA CAR MIA CLE NWE BUF GNB

Clint Fu III CLE ARI DAL CIN GNB NWE ATL

Flyin J SEA ARI MIA CIN NWE PIT GNB

Furnier SEA CAR ARI CIN PIT BUF GNB

Karlis Missed SEA DEN DAL CIN GNB PIT CLE

mjp's all pros SEA CAR TAM CIN PIT BUF DEN

ralemon BAL CAR NYG HOU PIT NWE OAK

Guys that are alive ... Karlis MIssed is all in this week.

Not everyone

The BROWNS are 0-7 SU and 1-6 ATS why wouldn't you pick against them or at least stay away every week in a survivor league?

The BROWNS are 0-7 SU and 1-6 ATS why wouldn't you pick against them or at least stay away every week in a survivor league?

Not my style. The Browns game is off the table for me every single week. I have never picked against them, and won't start any time soon............. and I'm looking for my 3rd Championship doing it that way.

Personal choice...

It's a game. No issues here with those choosing "the easy route", but that route is not available for all 17 weeks... only 13. And one of those 13 will bite them in the ass.

Book it...

Not my style. The Browns game is off the table for me every single week. I have never picked against them, and won't start any time soon............. and I'm looking for my 3rd Championship doing it that way.

As I pretty plainly told everyone when the league started up, my anti-Browns picks were a JOKE. :) I knew they weren't going to be very good. Unfortunately, it got Mark hopping mad. Will they go 0-16? Possibly. I see the Jets game as our last realistic shot at a win. As Tour pointed out, I'll have to pick another team X3. I never entered the pool with the intention of winning, just having a little fun. The Browns being epically bad really doesn't make me happy- at all. I may even change my tactics, though I told Z how I was going to pick from the get-go.

That is kind of true for us diehards. Besides almost EVERY time I would bet against either the BROWNS, OHIO STATE or NOTRE DAME they'd screw me!

That is kind of true for us diehards. Besides almost EVERY time I would bet against either the BROWNS, OHIO STATE or NOTRE DAME they'd screw me!

As I tried to tell Mark- there's a difference between being a diehard fan, and being realistic about their chances. Over the years- I've spent $20,000+ on season tickets, and driven thousands of miles to Browns away games. Charter Member of the Dayton Browns Backers. I think I qualify as a diehard fan.

As I pretty plainly told everyone when the league started up, my anti-Browns picks were a JOKE. :) I knew they weren't going to be very good. Unfortunately, it got Mark hopping mad. Will they go 0-16? Possibly. I see the Jets game as our last realistic shot at a win. As Tour pointed out, I'll have to pick another team X3. I never entered the pool with the intention of winning, just having a little fun. The Browns being epically bad really doesn't make me happy- at all. I may even change my tactics, though I told Z how I was going to pick from the get-go.

Oh it doesn't bother me one bit who anyone else takes, or how they play.... Hell, the smart game play is to take the Browns' opponent each week. It's just not how I want to play, but to each their own and as T said, sooner or later you're gonna have to pick someone other than the Browns' opponent, and you better be ready!

If you root against the Browns you're not a fan.

Who said I'm rooting against the Browns? I already stated my case. $20,000 worth of season tickets says otherwise. I watch (and go to the games) With the hope they win. If I wasn't a fan, I'd find other and better things to do on Sunday afternoons in the fall than watching the Browns get the crap beat out of them. I would have been happy if I had been eliminated after week 2. Now, OTOH, if I was a betting man and had put $100 on the team the Browns were playing to cover- I'd have done very well.

Who said I'm rooting against the Browns? I already stated my case. $20,000 worth of season tickets says otherwise. I watch (and go to the games) With the hope they win. If I wasn't a fan, I'd find other and better things to do on Sunday afternoons in the fall than watching the Browns get the crap beat out of them. I would have been happy if I had been eliminated after week 2. Now, OTOH, if I was a betting man and had put $100 on the team the Browns were playing to cover- I'd have done very well.

Whoa fonzi who says I was talking about you? You're one of the biggest fans on here buddy.

Whoa fonzi who says I was talking about you? You're one of the biggest fans on here buddy.

OK, no offense taken. :)

PS, a couple of the sports books have the game against the Jets as a pick 'em. At worst we're 2.5 point dogs.

PS, a couple of the sports books have the game against the Jets as a pick 'em. At worst we're 2.5 point dogs.

The Jets are a weird team. A weird boring team. If the Browns can keep a qb upright it might be our first win. Keeping a qb upright and one as the starter is the common thread of both teams IMO.

I'm half tempted to pick the Browns, especially if McCown gets the start......

A lot of close games this week, a real challenge for the Survival League.

.....maybe I'll save the Browns for week 17 if I make it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Curmudgeon PHI BAL MIA WAS NWE TEN CIN NYJ DAL<---ah ha!

D Bone SEA ARI GNB CIN PIT BUF KAN NWE ATL

DieHardBrownsFanPHI BAL MIA WAS NWE TEN CIN NYJ DAL

LondonBrown HOU CAR MIA CIN PIT BUF GNB DAL KAN

Beanpot CIN CAR SEA PIT GNB ARI ATL DAL NOR

Browns149 SEA CAR GNB PIT NWE TEN CIN MIN DAL

Endymion HOU BAL MIA MIN PIT BUF NWE SEA DAL

Furnier SEA CAR ARI CIN PIT BUF GNB DEN KAN

mjp's all pros SEA CAR TAM CIN PIT BUF DEN NWE KAN

4 perfect 5 one strike. I'm saving my anti-BROWNS picks for the home stretch...but they'll screw me, always do when I go against them.

Oooh, now it's gonna get tough for the Curmudgeon. Can't use the Ravens. A lot of the better teams are on the road this week. This pick is actually going to require some thought. :)

Just checkled week 10 early 3 big road dogs:

SF +13' AZ, CLE +10 BAL, SEA +7' NE ....I like 2 of 3 maybe all of them WITH the points.

Hmmmm big upsets? :huh:

Oooh, now it's gonna get tough for the Curmudgeon. Can't use the Ravens. A lot of the better teams are on the road this week. This pick is actually going to require some thought. :)

I still have the Ravens left

Archived