THE BROWNS BOARD

PFF's Ranking the NFL Top Ten QB's

Canton Dawg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just silly. In your first post, you said Romo "still mostly chokes". What games last season did he choke in?

We are talking about a career, not just one season.

If we want to say who had the great seasons....then Derek Anderson could be on such a list.

And let's face it....maybe he didn't swallow so hard last year....but he still has the choker gene in him

As someone said: this will only end in heartache for you.

We are talking about a career, not just one season.

If we want to say who had the great seasons....then Derek Anderson could be on such a list.

And let's face it....maybe he didn't swallow so hard last year....but he still has the choker gene in him

As someone said: this will only end in heartache for you.

So even though you won't give me an example of him choking last season, you say he "still mostly chokes". Are you trolling? When you say stuff, it's easier to believe you when you can back it up with at least 1 fact or trend or piece of evidence.

The dude is 14th all-time in career 4th q comebacks. That number would be higher if it weren't for Dallas shitty defenses turning his comebacks into Stafford's/Eli's/Peyton's/etc. comebacks.

I already said Johnny's the best college player I've ever seen, so yeah, he's better than McCarron, who played on a much better team with studs at every position 3-deep.

Really? How old are you?

Zombo

48. I've already given my reasons and admitted my bias. I've already admitted Johnny has looked bad as a pro.

Just remember, there was a reason for the over-the-top hype for him coming out of college.

Because he was an exciting little midget who lived like a rock star.

Best college player ever? OK ... you're opinion.

Z

So even though you won't give me an example of him choking last season, you say he "still mostly chokes". Are you trolling? When you say stuff, it's easier to believe you when you can back it up with at least 1 fact or trend or piece of evidence.

First....I am a Browns fan....and cannot troll on a Browns board.

Secondly....I posted my list of the Top QBs in the league somewhere above in that post. WTF is it about that list that you do not understand.

All the guys I named ahead of Romo are guys that I would rather have at QB for my team right now. Read it and weep.

(Would I rather have him at QB for the Browns than what we have? OK, sure....but that isn't saying much)

Because he was an exciting little midget who lived like a rock star.

Best college player ever? OK ... you're opinion.

Z

Yea, and I think I already touched upon that elsewhere as well where off the top of my head I named about 20 others. (but I admit...I go back to the mid 60s)

For fun/flash/excitement....sure JMZ is up there.....but that criteria is different from being "the best".

First....I am a Browns fan....and cannot troll on a Browns board.

Secondly....I posted my list of the Top QBs in the league somewhere above in that post. WTF is it about that list that you do not understand.

All the guys I named ahead of Romo are guys that I would rather have at QB for my team right now. Read it and weep.

(Would I rather have him at QB for the Browns than what we have? OK, sure....but that isn't saying much)

Your list is your list. Lists are always debetable. They are opinions. I'm fine with that. But your statement that Romo chokes is just wrong. I don't know how else to prove it wrong other than to show the numbers and history, which is what I've done.

The biggest game he lost was 2008 Giants in the playoffs. He did not choke that game. He played really well, but got the blame as qb. His receivers dropped 150 yards worth of passes, the defense made crucial mistakes at critical times, and his teammates got 15 penalties. He was running for his life most of the game, too, against a great Giants d-line, but I guess he should have blocked, tackled, and caught better in that game.

Your list is your list. Lists are always debetable. They are opinions. I'm fine with that. But your statement that Romo chokes is just wrong. I don't know how else to prove it wrong other than to show the numbers and history, which is what I've done.

NO, that is just your opinion as well. He's a choker.

The biggest game he lost was 2008 Giants in the playoffs. He did not choke that game. He played really well, but got the blame as qb. His receivers dropped 150 yards worth of passes, the defense made crucial mistakes at critical times, and his teammates got 15 penalties. He was running for his life most of the game, too, against a great Giants d-line, but I guess he should have blocked, tackled, and caught better in that game.

I could go on and on and on. Tony Romo chokes is a cottage industry.

I would love to see how on earth 14 guys in the league currently have better resumes than Tony Romo.

Resumes? Many have better resumes, several are just better even though they are still young:

Russell Wilson

Phillip Rivers

Carson Palmer

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Matt Stafford

Cam Newton

Joe Flacco

Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

Tom Brady

11 right there with better "resumes".....and these are young QBs that I think are better:

Kaepernick

Nick Foles

Andrew Luck

Matt Ryan

I put Romo essentially in the same category as Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Tannehill

Very young QBs with potential that I would take for my team right now over Romo

Blake Bortles

Jameis Winston

Teddy Bridgwater

Derek Carr

Marcus Mariota

Resumes? Many have better resumes, several are just better even though they are still young:

Russell Wilson

Phillip Rivers

Carson Palmer

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Matt Stafford

Cam Newton

Joe Flacco

Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

Tom Brady

11 right there with better "resumes".....and these are young QBs that I think are better:

Kaepernick

Nick Foles

Andrew Luck

Matt Ryan

I put Romo essentially in the same category as Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Tannehill

Very young QBs with potential that I would take for my team right now over Romo

Blake Bortles

Jameis Winston

Teddy Bridgwater

Derek Carr

Marcus Mariota

Resumes? Really? At least you finally put something relevant instead of "Romo is a choker".

Romo's resume is that he is #2 all-time in QBR. He is BEST IN THE LEAGUE in the last two minutes and overtime. You are so quick to dismiss this as meaningless stats, and "he is a choker".

Fine, but how do you then put Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer and Matthew Stafford ahead of him? They have worse numbers statistically AND have worse playoff resumes.

I'll answer for you. There is no logical answer. Either you just don't like Romo or you hate the Cowboys or you hate Jerry Jones or some other emotional reason.

Based on "resumes", your list makes no logical sense without Romo on it.

Resumes? Really? At least you finally put something relevant instead of "Romo is a choker".

Romo's resume is that he is #2 all-time in QBR. He is BEST IN THE LEAGUE in the last two minutes and overtime. You are so quick to dismiss this as meaningless stats, and "he is a choker".

Fine, but how do you then put Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer and Matthew Stafford ahead of him? They have worse numbers statistically AND have worse playoff resumes.

I'll answer for you. There is no logical answer. Either you just don't like Romo or you hate the Cowboys or you hate Jerry Jones or some other emotional reason.

Based on "resumes", your list makes no logical sense without Romo on it.

You are the one that brought up resumes, not me. I just gave you 11 qbs with as good or better resumes.....orI gave you guys that I think are better than Romo.

And its not that I don't like Romo per se.....its just that I would take ALL the guys I mentioned over him.

Like I said, to me, he is in a category with Cutler, Dalton, Smith. That is where he belongs, be happy with that. At least I didn't say I would take RGIII over him.

One more thing.

The NFL players voted Romo #34 on the 2015 top 100, 8th best qb.

Don't care....I would put him at #15 best QB at best.....and many of the ones below are there because they are still in the developmental stage.

Romo is 35 years old.....past the developmental stage. Would I take him on the Browns over what we have? Yea. Again,you should be happy with that.

Don't care....

THIS IS OBVIOUS. YOU DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS IF THEY DISAGREE, EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT PLAY THE GAMES AND KNOW THE PLAYERS. I'M GLAD THAT THE NFL PLAYERS ARE ON MY SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT.

I would put him at #15 best QB at best.....

THIS IS SO DUMB. HE WAS THE TOP-RATED PASSER IN THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON..... TOP-RATED..... BETTER THAN RODGERS BRADY MANNING BREES, EVERYONE... HE DID THIS AFTER A BACK SURGERY THAT LEFT HIM UNABLE TO PRACTICE MOST OF THE SEASON.... ARE YOU DRUNK?

and many of the ones below are there because they are still in the developmental stage.

Romo is 35 years old.....past the developmental stage. Would I take him on the Browns over what we have? Yea. Again,you should be happy with that.

THIS IS THE 2015 LIST, THIS ISN'T ABOUT HOW GOOD BORTLES WILL BE IN 5 YEARS.

Don't care....

THIS IS OBVIOUS. YOU DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS IF THEY DISAGREE, EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONES THAT PLAY THE GAMES AND KNOW THE PLAYERS. I'M GLAD THAT THE NFL PLAYERS ARE ON MY SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT.

NFL players are stupid when it comes to talent evaluation. Let me hear from the GMs and Scouts.

I would put him at #15 best QB at best.....

THIS IS SO DUMB. HE WAS THE TOP-RATED PASSER IN THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON..... TOP-RATED..... BETTER THAN RODGERS BRADY MANNING BREES, EVERYONE... HE DID THIS AFTER A BACK SURGERY THAT LEFT HIM UNABLE TO PRACTICE MOST OF THE SEASON.... ARE YOU DRUNK?

You must be because you apparently can't understand the words I am typing on this page......There are 15 QBs in this league that I would take for my team right now before I would choose Romo.

As far as I know I am speaking English, and not Farsi or Tagalog

and many of the ones below are there because they are still in the developmental stage.

THIS IS THE 2015 LIST, THIS ISN'T ABOUT HOW GOOD BORTLES WILL BE IN 5 YEARS.

No....this is about who I would want quarterbacking my team. I would take Bortles/Winston/Mariota etc. for my team even right here and right now (because of what the future may hold)

Look....you love Romo.....maybe he will go away with you to Cabo someday.

I will take all the other guys I mention over him for either right here right now or for the future.

I mean, to me he is Jeff George/Vinny/Kerry Collins/Dave Krieg/Steve DeBerg. Productive....not special.

"NFL players are stupid when it comes to talent evaluation. Let me hear from the GMs and Scouts."

Oh, so true. The players don't know near as much as you. I mean, look at the lack of talent in this top 50. JJ Watt #1 - who's that guy? Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady at 2 and 3 - what are those idiot players thinking voting for those clowns?

You're right, this list is terrible

Rank Player Position

1 J.J. Watt Defensive end Hou

2 Aaron Rodgers Quarterback Gree

3 Tom Brady Quarterback New

4 DeMarco Murray Running back Dall Cow

5 Peyton Manning Quarterback Den

6 Calvin Johnson Wide receiver Detr

7 Andrew Luck Quarterback Indi

8 Antonio Brown Wide receiver Pitts

9 Marshawn Lynch Running back Seat

10 Rob Gronkowski Tight end New