3) Ben Roethlesburger

4) Philip Rivers

Still needs to win something

5) Peyton Manning

6) Tom Brady

7) Tony Romo

Still mostly chokes

8) Matt Ryan

May be worst QB in his division....Cam Newton showing better, he is not on here. Winston will be better in time.

9) Russell Wilson

10) Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill lucky to break top half. I am not convinced that Josh McCown may not be better this year.

He may end up being the worst QB in Florida before the year is over.

No Andrew Luck?

Yea, Luck, Newton absolutely better than Tannehill....and maybe a half dozen others.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/25/ranking-the-nfls-top-10-qbs/

I would correct that this is one mans projection.... "using" PFF rankings...but not the actual PFF rankings from last season.....

which were.....

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Drew Brees
3) Ben Roethlesburger
4) Tom Brady
5) Matt Ryan
6) Cam Newton
7) Tony Romo
8) Phillip Rivers
9) Andrew Luck
10) Peyton Manning...

Top Ten:

1 Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Peyton

4. Brees

5. Roethisberger

6. Luck

7. Wilson

8. Flacco

9. Rivers

10. Newton

Next :

11. Eli

12. Kaepernick

13. Palmer

14. Foles

15. Romo

16. Ryan

17. Dalton

18. Carr

19. Tw-Tw-Twatwater

20. Alex Smith

21. Cutler

22. Bortles

23. Tannehill

24. Cassell

25. McCown

26. Hoyer

27. Bradford

28. Fitzpatrick

29. RGII

30. Winston

31. Mariota

....and I missed one.

I think, Stafford....who should go in between Foles and Romo.

T1. Brady/Rodgers

3. Romo

4. Manning

5. Brees

6. Rapist

7. Flacco

8. Luck

9. Rivers

10. Ryan

Romo gets a bad rap, but he is a great qb. Eli, Rapist, and Wilson benefitted from great defenses. Rapist had a passer rating of 9, NINE, in his first Super Bowl win.

Peyton is a shell of what he once was, and Brees is also on the down slope.

They allow Luck to be sloppy in Indy.

Not sure about "allow", but the Colts have put the team on their QB's back to a greater degree... have ask him to win with less support... than any other NFL club. Same was true of Manning in his early Indy days.

T1. Brady/Rodgers

3. Romo

4. Manning

5. Brees

6. Rapist

7. Flacco

8. Luck

9. Rivers

10. Ryan

Romo gets a bad rap, but he is a great qb. Eli, Rapist, and Wilson benefitted from great defenses. Rapist had a passer rating of 9, NINE, in his first Super Bowl win.

Peyton is a shell of what he once was, and Brees is also on the down slope.

Not under any circumstance is Romo a "great QB". And he is not that much younger than Brees....only @15 months:

Brees born 1/15/79, Romo 4/21/80. He is older than Vick/BR/Eli/Rivers/Palmer.

Top Ten:

1 Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Peyton

4. Brees

5. Roethisberger

6. Luck

7. Wilson

8. Flacco

9. Rivers

10. Newton

Next :

11. Eli

12. Kaepernick

13. Palmer

14. Foles

15. Romo

16. Ryan

17. Dalton

18. Carr

19. Tw-Tw-Twatwater

20. Alex Smith

21. Cutler

22. Bortles

23. Tannehill

24. Cassell

25. McCown

26. Hoyer

27. Bradford

28. Fitzpatrick

29. RGII

30. Winston

31. Mariota

....and I missed one.

I think, Stafford....who should go in between Foles and Romo.

I like Ben in the middle of the top 10 as well. The only thing I would change is switch Hoyer and McCown. From what I've been hearing, Hoyer has impressed in camp. Was named the starter.

Not under any circumstance is Romo a "great QB". And he is not that much younger than Brees....only @15 months:

Brees born 1/15/79, Romo 4/21/80. He is older than Vick/BR/Eli/Rivers/Palmer.

Top 5 career passer rating leaders:

1. Rodgers

2. Romo

3. Manning

4. Young

5. Brady

Yeah, I would hate to be in that group. He's also 14th in career 4th quarter comebacks.

He lead the league in qbr last year and was a Dez Bryant "drop" away from playing Seattle in the nfc championship game. He did this with a back so bad he rarely practiced.

His back is much better this year, which is why I put him 3rd.

I like Ben in the middle of the top 10 as well. The only thing I would change is switch Hoyer and McCown. From what I've been hearing, Hoyer has impressed in camp. Was named the starter.

When we get down that low it is quibbling. I thought about switching them....but felt it didn't matter.

Top 5 career passer rating leaders:

1. Rodgers

2. Romo

3. Manning

4. Young

5. Brady

Yeah, I would hate to be in that group. He's also 14th in career 4th quarter comebacks.

He lead the league in qbr last year and was a Dez Bryant "drop" away from playing Seattle in the nfc championship game. He did this with a back so bad he rarely practiced.

His back is much better this year, which is why I put him 3rd.

Only a sychophant homer would put Romo up there.

Only a dumbass would say the number 2 all time passer rating qb isn't great. Give him a good defense and he wins a Super Bowl or 2. Don't listen to me, though. Listen to every analyst on TV that used to play qb. Dilfer, Young, Aikman, Marino, Esiason, Simms - they acknowledge how good Romo is.

Only a dumbass would put that much stock into passer rating. Chad Pennington and Jeff Garcia are also very high on that list. OK, I will give you that Romo is in a class with those two.

You used the term "great".....and that just does not apply to him. He is just "good". And Romo isn't as good as any of the names you just used....except Dilfer.

Um, passer rating and qbr is how you judge qb's. Romo doesn't play defense.

Russell Wilson is a good kid and a good qb, and people like you will say he's a better qb than Romo because he "won" a Super Bowl.

The reality is football is a team game, and Wilson has benefitted from one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. He is nowhere near the qb that Romo is. Romo has suffered through horrible defenses and a non-existent running game for much of his career, but gets all the blame for every 8-8 season, when without him they would be 3-13 those seasons.

Last season, Dallas was 19th in team defense, and still were 1 play away from the nfc championship game. The only playoff teams with worse defenses were Arizona and Cincy.

Believe what you want to believe. You're far from the only person that thinks Romo's not good. When he retires, his numbers will be huge, but he will always be knocked for not winning the big one.

This Tony Romo:

screen-shot-2015-07-25-at-4-59-20-pm.png

Btw, I like that commercial, I think it's pretty funny. But I knew he would take a lot of heat for it. He is a really good guy, and I hate all the flak he gets - mostly from Cowboy fans.

Good story about him. They beat the Browns in Cleveland in 2008, but he got levelled and got 13 stitches in his chin. Back in Dallas after the flight home, he pulled over and helped a stranded elderly couple fix their flat tire. The old man told him not to tell them if they won, because he was on his way home to watch the the recorded game.

Btw, I like that commercial, I think it's pretty funny. But I knew he would take a lot of heat for it. He is a really good guy, and I hate all the flak he gets - mostly from Cowboy fans.

Good story about him. They beat the Browns in Cleveland in 2008, but he got levelled and got 13 stitches in his chin. Back in Dallas after the flight home, he pulled over and helped a stranded elderly couple fix their flat tire. The old man told him not to tell them if they won, because he was on his way home to watch the the recorded game.

Tony Romo is a good guy and an excellent quarterback, if have him rated much higher than Gipper.

But I understand why your rivals bag on him, and here's why:

1. Everybody hates the Cowboys.

2. Everybody hates Jerry Jones.

3. You Texas homos have an unhealthy obsession with your QBs

If I was in your division, I would bag on Romo just to see you cry.

All these Johnny creeps that are in here now is weird. We are trying to talk objectively about our QB and we can't do it without you smitten kittens getting overproteective and acting like little cheerleaders. And your over the top defense of Romo in this thread is further proof of the gayass obsessions you nerds have on your QBs.

If I were an Eagle fan I would mock Romo so hard that you'd have to stay home from schpool just to defend him all day.

Z

Tony Romo is a good guy and an excellent quarterback, if have him rated much higher than Gipper.

3. You Texas homos have an unhealthy obsession with your QB

All these Johnny creeps that are in here now is weird. We are trying to talk objectively about our QB and we can't do it without you smitten kittens getting overproteective and acting like little cheerleaders. And your over the top defense of Romo in this thread is further proof of the gayass obsessions you nerds have on your QBs.

If I were an Eagle fan I would mock Romo so hard that you'd have to stay home from schpool just to defend him all day.

Z

1. I understand the cowboy hate.

2. I understand the jj hate. I don't like him either.

3. I'm not obsessed, just like jm and hope he does well.

I don't even care what other fans say, I mostly defend Romo to other cowboy fans. Probably a majority of cowboy fans think of Romo the way gipper does. Sad but true.

3. You Texas homos have an unhealthy obsession with your QBs

Z

Personally I hate the Eagles almost as bad...

WSS

Archived