THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas on Deflategate

MLD Woody

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13494837/joe-thomas-cleveland-browns-backs-tom-brady-rips-nfl-witch-hunts

"I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 [mph] in a 65 speed zone, and getting the death penalty."

Joe Thomas

On whether commissioner Roger Goodell overstepped his bounds and might have been on a witch hunt:

“Oh no doubt. I don’t know if he just doesn’t understand the game of football itself, or if there was a deeper motive to get (them) back for all the other rumors and suspicions of cheating that the Patriots have done. But if you’re going to suspend a guy for removing air from the football, to me it’s completely ridiculous.”

On his feelings on whether the Ted Wells report was fair:

“The league paid him.” (Thomas then compared the report to an “expert” witnesses being paid for testimony during criminal trials.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goodell is going to come out of this looking like a canyon sized vagina when it's all said and done.

if you put up pics of he and donald trump they could be candidates for 'separated at birth'.

Actually, here is what I predict will happen:

Brady will serve a 4 game suspension.

Goodell will be the Commish for years into the future.

End of story.

What's going on in court isn't anything we didn't already know. Goddell has all the power to make the decision and didn't, by the agreed upon rules, misstep. A lot of people are confused about this court situation and think Brady will "win" in court. The simple truth is the NFL and Goodell can hold out because they are legally correct in what they've done. All the court is doing now is strongly encouraging them to work on an agreement while repeating several times how stupid the system of punishment is in the NFL currently.

So who will cave first? Will the NFL feel enough pressure to give in, or will Brady simply realize he won't win no matter how hard he tries? It's hard to say at this point, although don't underestimate what this does for the NFL long term. If Brady gets four games, Goddell can really flex his muscle and show even the "golden boy" isn't above his rule.

What's going on in court isn't anything we didn't already know. Goddell has all the power to make the decision and didn't, by the agreed upon rules, misstep. A lot of people are confused about this court situation and think Brady will "win" in court. The simple truth is the NFL and Goodell can hold out because they are legally correct in what they've done. All the court is doing now is strongly encouraging them to work on an agreement while repeating several times how stupid the system of punishment is in the NFL currently.

So who will cave first? Will the NFL feel enough pressure to give in, or will Brady simply realize he won't win no matter how hard he tries? It's hard to say at this point, although don't underestimate what this does for the NFL long term. If Brady gets four games, Goddell can really flex his muscle and show even the "golden boy" isn't above his rule.

Even if the NFL loses it will not have any immediate effect on the NFL. This will NOT affect the continued popularity of the sport....nor the revenues that the sport procures, which is all that matters bottom line.

What "long term" issue will be at hand? Who controls discipline under the CBA. IF the players do not want the commissioner to be the person to handle it......to have it in the hands of an independent person/entity.....they are going to have to PAY the owners for the privilege.

The owners will say: you want this so badly.....you will give up 5% of the revenues being paid to the players. You will trade this for less in your pension.

The players will NOT be able to have their cake and eat it to. If it is SO important to them then the owners will extract their pound of flesh for the privilege. The players will not be able to get something for nothing...no matter how righteous they think their cause may be as that is not how the world works.

i live in a van down by the river.......

what are you putting up???

:o

Still LMFOL!! of course its white and you work out of it with clean commercial tags and deer rack on front?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13494837/joe-thomas-cleveland-browns-backs-tom-brady-rips-nfl-witch-hunts

"I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 [mph] in a 65 speed zone, and getting the death penalty."

Joe Thomas

If Tom Brady went to Ohio State - wouldn't you be telling us all he had to do was cooperate and there would have only been a fine? Anyone who gets pulled over for going 66 mph in a 65 mph speed zone knows it's in their best interest to cooperate.

I don't feel sorry for him. When 32 training camps were getting started, all we heard about was this Tom Brady bullshit.

If Tom Brady went to Ohio State - wouldn't you be telling us all he had to do was cooperate and there would have only been a fine? Anyone who gets pulled over for going 66 mph in a 65 mph speed zone knows it's in their best interest to cooperate.

I don't feel sorry for him. When 32 training camps were getting started, all we heard about was this Tom Brady bullshit.

1) If he went to OSU, would the majority of you flip sides? See, that works both ways. Deal with the facts, not what biases you think I may have

2) He was told he did not have to turn over his phone and was told no punishment would come in refusing to do so. He also offered to help the NFL track down any missing info or contacts they may need. The suggestion to not turn the phone over came from the union, as to not set a precedent. Where did he not cooperate?

1) If he went to OSU, would the majority of you flip sides? See, that works both ways. Deal with the facts, not what biases you think I may have

2) He was told he did not have to turn over his phone and was told no punishment would come in refusing to do so. He also offered to help the NFL track down any missing info or contacts they may need. The suggestion to not turn the phone over came from the union, as to not set a precedent. Where did he not cooperate?

You know what Brady is gonna say to you Mr. Michigan fan? "See ya week 5".

Well, Woodpecker is pecking and pecking again.

who told Brady he didn't have to turn over his phone? The owner of the Patriots?

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-refused-to-show-phone-for-nfl-deflated-balls-investigation-2015-5

Archived