THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason Game #2 Bills vs Browns

Canton Dawg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a couple of drinks tonight and opinions were like kittens i was giving them away: Mccown looked horrible but had a lot of pressure courtesy of our somewhat porous line. Manziel on the other hand looks great! I think he should start game 1 based on tonight's performance, but there are two other preseason games to be played. The defense is solid with only letting up 3 points thus far. I hope we win, boys and continue to win! Cheers!

Should call Tennessee and offer Manziel and McCown for Mettenberger

If Johnny doesn't play much this season I would do this. Mettenberger is a stud. Titans are idiots for using a first rounder on a QB after getting him.

Ok got it (with several beers): Trade Haslem or the man he picked and can move in to the Jimmy Tenn. home and we get Mettenberger. OK. Make that phone call.. and get back to us.

lol T B)

:)

I think I need to do a little O-line grading this week.

Vids are up on team site of post-game pressers by Pet, Josh and JM...

What a joke our secondary is. It doesn't matter what team we're playing against or what offensive scheme we're playing against, it doesn't matter, none of it. If it is 3rd down and 50 the other team will convert on our secondary.

Our pass defense on 3rd down is absolutely horrendous.

Re: Manziel. I see things that would indicate 'some' growth. However I also see a QB that still gets a #1 target locked into his mind pre-snap.

He doesn't appear comfortable playing mind games at the line like some of the great ones seem to do. Now, do I think he's putting in time and making some better decisions? Yes. Did I see the 'best game as a Pro, he's making leaps and bounds in progress'..? No. He still is yet to be ready as anNFL starter. I could highlight examples and missed reads. One of those appears to be a receiver and QB not being on the same page. The others were all on Johnny.

There is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Is it heaven or an on-coming train? Not sure yet.

What a joke our secondary is. It doesn't matter what team we're playing against or what offensive scheme we're playing against, it doesn't matter, none of it. If it is 3rd down and 50 the other team will convert on our secondary.

While the lack of discipline and holes in man coverage is concerning, what did you expcect? We're using Bademosi as a CB/Big Nickel. Then two players that barring a miracle might see the practice squad. I believe I did a little write up on Gaines before the draft and he scared me as a man coverage CB. Toss in rookies learning a new system, these are the results. Sky isn't falling there, guy.

That's a good defense we played. Our offense can move at times and inconsistent duties at times. Our Defense cannot continue to tackle like this and pressure than not finish and let the man out. Our Special Teams is kicking ass with Lee and good returns. Damn I hope to see our full team in TB and get the full picture with FB,WR and better DB play.. We still tied for First place People.

You realize that that is not our first string secondary right genius?

Thanks to mik I have my new Brownsboard T shirt

I got my shirt from mik too ............... F'n AWESOME!!

Got my shirt today - THANKS MIK!

I will wear it PROUDLY !

MIK is da man!..........got mine too.........life is good again!

And, as some you know, I brought home a stray from Browns practice a couple weeks ago....and he got his Browns shirt too....

Haden Bean Shelton on his way to get a hair cut.....

post-28424-0-98168500-1440159081_thumb.jpg

Yep, I watched last night, and was not impressed by much. The seconds were more fun to watch.. but the Oline, both 1st n 2nds were porous.

And the secondary, what the hell. WE have 3rd down, and we can't convert because it seems like the bills are sending all 11 guys. We get Buffalo to 3rd and long, and our DB's are over 5 yards off their receivers. I don't get it. If it's third down, why are you not playing man defense and watching the first down marker? There was a very specific third down that EJ converted. The replay showed our DB 5-10 yards off the receiver. The receiver was 2-3 yards beyond the first down marker before our DB broke on the receiver. Easy first down completion.

Hope, the whole game was laid back and they were trying different things. But the offense reminded of Brian Daboll/Mangini era... at least with the first Teams, very vanilla offense.

Don't overlook the obvious here people-the first two preseason games are largely to see what you have in 2nd and 3rd string guys. By my count early in the 2nd quarter 6 penciled starters were out of the game on defense, and the guys out there will probably be selling insurance this time a month from now. These games don't matter and the Browns like every other team are using them as auditions for the last spots on a team. To see a guy like Bibbs or Wynn really impress out there and cut down those that didn't. Also, you don't show your hand in preseason for other teams to see. It's well known that many things done are "vanilla" intentionally.

This next game will be a much better idea of what we got from the guys who will actually be lining up when it matters.

Archived