THE BROWNS BOARD

First Depth chart out....

Mudfly

Ok...Browns have issued their first depth chart....not too many surprises....but a couple notables....

1) Christian Kirksey is listed ahead of Robertson....

2) Johnson Bademosi listed as a CB, instead of safety....

3) Thad Lewis listed ahead of Connor Shaw(sneaky)...

4) Barnidge listed as the starter at TE (Housler listed 3rd)

5) Moore still listed as #1 KR.....

6) AB listed at DE....and ahead of X Cooper..

CMDCtRFUAAAnJh3.jpg

I don't see Lewis over Shaw, unless it's his experience.

But the surprise to me, is the lb reilly. I hadn't heard of that signing.

Was a de....

http://www.wm.edu/news/stories/2015/tribe-footballs-mike-reilly-signs-with-cleveland-browns-123.php

2) Johnson Bademosi listed as a CB, instead of safety....

Told you that you had to lose one of your 5 Safeties... :P

Orchard behind Krugs on one side while Solomon is penciled in as starter on the opposite?

It's a puzzlement...

I don't see Lewis over Shaw, unless it's his experience.

But the surprise to me, is the lb reilly. I hadn't heard of that signing.

Was a de....

http://www.wm.edu/news/stories/2015/tribe-footballs-mike-reilly-signs-with-cleveland-browns-123.php

He's the muscle head from the "Brah" thread.....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36946&page=3&hl=brah&do=findComment&comment=503500

Saw this AM on bleacher and cleve.com but started ???'ing this report when MKC was attached to it. long way to go and in pet's interview he say's the same and has not started official depth chart just grouping talent. no holds barred their will be some stunners. Mud not ?'ing post just don't trust a media that would post it.

just grouping talent. no holds barred their will be some stunners. Mud not ?'ing post just don't trust a media that would post it.

yep....just took a grain of salt myself...

At this time last year....Tate, Burleson, Pinkston, Gilbert, Kitchen, Ruben and Oby were all listed as the #1 at their positions.....

And at the very bottom, without a chance were.... Crowell, Gabriel, Chas Johnson, Shaw, Kwaun and Desir....

Looking at the D line.....and assuming Shelton will move up to starter.....our "back up" line is even looking good....

John Hughes.....Phil Taylor.....A. Bryant(or Cooper)....

We definitely have the depth to feel good about what we will have 2 deep.

Injuries and belly cargo decide who claims/loses the final dline roster spots.

And every change is injury related... mostly those who have gotten hurt since the 1st edition, but a couple returning to practice including Pryor. Not a single merit-based change...

Speaking of 1st Edition...

Kenny Rogers... SuperFreak.... who'da thunk it?

Didnt see what everyone else did with Lenz. Was he not the one that under ran the pretty deep ball by JF in the scrimmage?

that's the only play he looked bad on. other than that the kid looked like edelman during the pat's playoff<superbowl run last year. caught everything even remotely close to him. if we don't keep him they'll be plenty of takers on that waiver wire.

Another interesting tidbit is the kicking situation...don't know if that means anything though. Anyone has to be better than the wiener Billy Cundiff.

i couldn't be more happier about what farmer did with the special teams esp. the kicker and punter. i saw that as a huge prob last year and it shows me that farmer is one smart cookie to flush those clowns and reboot in 2015.

Think about all the positions on this roster that have a situational rotations like our defensive line in particular. The only guys I'm guessing have a traditional first string play every down lock (barring injury) are:

Josh McCown

Joe Thomas

Joel Bitonio

Alex Mack

John Greco

Oracle

Joe Haden

Tramon Williams

Donte Whitner

Tashaun Gipson

Kruger played through lower back pain last year so it would be nice to see him getting off the field more frequently. Just guessing here, but I think the staff wants that too. Last year I would have listed Dansby above; but Robertson gave us virtually no drop off at all. My gut says Dansby comes off the field in some situations this year.

So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

On D...

Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

So rotating QBs is definitely out this year???

On D...

Agree with the sentiment, but I just don't see the OLB depth to rest Krugs.

As for Dansby I agree on the play of Kirksey/ Robertson, but wonder about the play calling.

Good catch. Actually, there's a very good chance we Pryor-itize our 2 pt conversion and possibly some short yardage/goal line situations. QB isn't even a lock for all situations.

As for Krugs, it looks like they've made effort to add depth so time will tell.

Dansby is still available between series and throughout the week to offer any help like he was last year. This gets all taken care of in the film room and practices leading up to every pre-snap formation and down-n-distance tendency anticipated. Even better, we're only talking about a few plays here and there so I don't see it as an issue at this time.

lol... the QB comment was a purely sarcastic "tribute" to the 2-headed monster Pet created last year (much to his onw, eventual consternation).

But, you are right, the 2-point does raise some possibilities...

I already hate that fucking change...

• 2 weeks later...

Was just looking at this . . . a couple head scratchers here :

TE Housler ahead of Bibbs ?

Not from what I've seen.

NT Taylor ahead of Shelton

I'm not even sure I've seen Taylor in the games yet . . .

OLB Solomon is a bit of a surprise, but it's probably more to the side he plays since Mingo is out.

P Lee looks to be a lock, he's looked good so far.

RB Crowell is finally ahead of West, though I'm not sure they'll be played this way.

Too early to be definitive, but some interesting alignments.

Was just looking at this . . . a couple head scratchers here :

TE Housler ahead of Bibbs ?

Not from what I've seen.

NT Taylor ahead of Shelton

I'm not even sure I've seen Taylor in the games yet . . .

For these two, don't be shocked - it's very rare for a rookie to get to #1 on a Mike Pettine depth chart in pre-season

OLB Solomon is a bit of a surprise, but it's probably more to the side he plays since Mingo is out.

They like him. Not sure that's a good thing, but they do. And yeah, it means less without Mingo - the only other player with real experience at OLB. Who else would it be, Orchard? Bryant?

P Lee looks to be a lock, he's looked good so far.

You trade for a punter, he's probably going to make it. You trade for a pro-bowl punter, there's no doubt.

RB Crowell is finally ahead of West, though I'm not sure they'll be played this way.

Crow looks very good all round. West looks solid.

Too early to be definitive, but some interesting alignments.

surprises:

Ibraheim Campbell is ahead of Landon Feichter :) (i do like Feichter, just happy w Farmer's pick)

Mahle is ahead of Moore and Lenz B)

Bowe is WR3 ?? :huh: wow

injured JFF is ahead of Thad :mellow:

Jamie Meder is 4th @ RDE :(

Gilbert is so far down a deep group of players on the chart, if he was a rock thrown down a chasm...you'd never hear him hit the bottom. :unsure:BUST!! :wacko:

travesty: Charlie Hughlett makes the team easily and guys like Billy Winn & Josh Lenz do not :blink:

Archived