THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Going to be a Good Season

One Post

FWIW, the first pick I questioned was Kessler at the bottom of the third round- and at that point- it's a crap shoot.

There were several reaches from that point on. At least two were likely better as UFAs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES asshole EXACTLY............................... so instead of putting pieces in place........................ the Browns put shit in place and took no top players.

Idiot.

Ok so i think the board would agree that i was a huge bosa honk, pretty sure im on record multiple times on that one. That being said, the concept of the trade down isnt terrible when ur in a roster situation like the browns are. So begrudgingly i had to admit to myself that taking any of those top rated players is utterly useless for our current browns.

Why? Cause we're gonna suck so hard no matter what that elite players cannot be retained here past their rookie contracts. It might be better to try to develop players for a couple years and get them signed long term so that we have some semblance of a foundation and then bring in some elite studs. Putting them on the team now is literally almost useless.

I want playmakers ad much as you do ghoulie, but for some reason beyond my knowledge of football.....we constsntly miss on those players.

No. Bosa is another big ten player that pushed kids around. Yes he has the size but I see bust. Right now he's in a system that has to play a true DE. Better wait n see on this one broke back mountain cum stain on your Bosa Gander Mountian tent ass.

Lol

Yeah but would he make those plays playing on tje browns front 7? Its a team sport. Offensives would figure out how yo neutrslize von miller if he was here

That's the million dollar question that you don't ask a #3 pick.

If I were the Brownies ...

Pick at #8 Lynch

#32 jaylon Smith or M. Jack

Third rd ...Billings

The rest who knows

But I'm going on the record saying RG3 is a good one and at 26 yrs old he's got plenty left. Ya he's had problems goddamn I had to call the fire dept the other day because my ol lady burnt up the microwave.

I don't know how many we win, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as many think. I feel pretty good about thing. I think it is going to be a fun year on the lakefront.

Are you kidding? The Steelers, beginning the season injury free will be playing with a vengeance. 12 - 4 should be reasonable for them, as well as an FC championship appearance. They are going to be very hard to beat.

I agree on the Steelers, but predicting them to be the team to beat in the AFCN is a far cry from predicting their rise to the tune of 12-4 record. As in 2015 they will be in shootout after shootout and consistently doing that is not easy.... even if they stay healthy all year.

Cinci remains the Division's "most complete" team, but losses to FA and yet another OC change raise enough questions to drop them a notch at this point.

The Ravens' 2015 was almost inexplicably bad. Even standing pat I would expect a bounce back in '16, but then they (Ozzie) went and pulled off a miraculous draft. Very hard to pin them down, but the bounce looks to be sizable.

Us? I think we agree it's going to be a struggle. No bounce to the 7-win 2014, which showed to the aberration... just another dull thud of a record. But as I said in the "Progress" thread, I'll look for signs of it in the play.

That's the million dollar question that you don't ask a #3 pick.

If I were the Brownies ...

Pick at #8 Lynch

#32 jaylon Smith or M. Jack

Third rd ...Billings

The rest who knows

Well, Ghoolie's protestations notwithstanding, Hue and the Browns FO passed on Lynch at least three times. Time will tell who's right.

Regarding Smith and Jack- I totally agree passing on them. In their current state- in no way the Browns are in a situation they can take a flyer on injury risks- especially in the first couple rounds. Taking a chance on a guy like Ifo in the seventh is another matter entirely. You don't think the Browns medical staff went over those guys records, as well as examined them, and came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the risk? The stench of boom\bust prospects like Johnny Football still lingers heavily in Berea.

one broke back mountain cum stain on your Bosa Gander Mountian tent

LOL!! No. Her name was Kim & we were in the Black Mountains.. Your well on the your way to a T-Shirt idea when Bosa cums to town Xmas Eve..

Are you kidding? The Steelers, beginning the season injury free will be playing with a vengeance. 12 - 4 should be reasonable for them, as well as an FC championship appearance. They are going to be very hard to beat.

That is more you wish and hope than an assessment of their talent. You hope they do well because you have some vested interest in them doing well....for whatever reason.

But the fact is, they will be about a 9-7 team.

Well, Ghoolie's protestations notwithstanding, Hue and the Browns FO passed on Lynch at least three times. Time will tell who's right.

Regarding Smith and Jack- I totally agree passing on them. In their current state- in no way the Browns are in a situation they can take a flyer on injury risks- especially in the first couple rounds. Taking a chance on a guy like Ifo in the seventh is another matter entirely. You don't think the Browns medical staff went over those guys records, as well as examined them, and came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the risk? The stench of boom\bust prospects like Johnny Football still lingers heavily in Berea.

You led Me to an important thought here, regarding Manziel. By that I mean.. It's probably a great Idea we didnt draft one of the so called "TOP" QB's in this years NFL Draft. I think it couldve had far more negative impact by asking a 1st rounder (QB) to come in and follow the Manziel saga. I think it wouldve been too much pressure.. So, You take a kid like Kessler whose got some interesting intangibles. unlike Frye And Colt.. This kid ran a more thinking mans system.. And maybe Hue stole one.. Let's hope.

Pressure? To party?

No pressure to succeed..most of our 1st QB have all been busts.

Hey girls, fun draft for the browns fans of the world. I was just breezing through and saw this gem. The steelers will win the division health permitting. Glad your hate is still strong. #micdrop

Tim Couch Pulled Out.

Vagitron is correct, the Steelers are a lock.

No such thing in football, especially with a QB that misses 2-4 games a season, a RB coming off an ACL, an inconsistent Oline and a defense that (while has glimpses) is quite youthful.

edit: fuuuuuuck He drew me into a reply.

Well played.

No such thing in football, especially with a QB that misses 2-4 games a season, a RB coming off an ACL, an inconsistent Oline and a defense that (while has glimpses) is quite youthful.

edit: fuuuuuuck He drew me into a reply.

Well played.

Ben prior to the 12 games last year had two straight 16 game seasons. How did deangelo williams do last year? O-line is inconsistent? What? Pouncey is back too. Health permitting steelers win the division and Peterson ran for 2k post acl. Bell was dunking basketball's over a month ago.

The Steelers have the best chance to win the division, so far, but it is still anyone's shot until the end of the season (or sooner for some teams that do great or terrible). After losing Hue, I don't think that the Bengals are going to be the same team and will fall from glory this season. It would be nice to see another team in last place in our division again.

Ben prior to the 12 games last year had two straight 16 game seasons. How did deangelo williams do last year? O-line is inconsistent? What? Pouncey is back too. Health permitting steelers win the division and Peterson ran for 2k post acl. Bell was dunking basketball's over a month ago.

9-7

The Steelers season hinges on BR's health.. no BR.. No playoffs.. it's that simple.

Hey girls, fun draft for the browns fans of the world. I was just breezing through and saw this gem. The steelers will win the division health permitting. Glad your hate is still strong. #micdrop

I had no problems with the first three picks. Kessler was a surprise. After that- it was we have plenty of picks, let's hope one of the WRs turns out to be another Antonio Brown (Steelers 6th round). Yeah Vag, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

How many teams won a SB without their star QB?

This is always my point. As goes your QB, so goes your team. In the Browns case, we ahve no QB, so there is no hope of success.

1990 Giants, Phil Simms injured, Jeff Hostetler, backup takes them to SB victory.

Other QBs came on to replace the starting QB of that team and took their team to a SB win: Tom Brady 2001, Kurt Warner 1999, Trent Dilfer 2000, Jim Plunkett 1980

Fucking moron. The Steelers injured and banged up are STILL better than anythign Cleveland has put on the field in the last 30 years.

Dude, Landry Jones was saved by a fatass lineman fat foot tripping Jones out of Browns game. Jones went to bench surely cuz Jones thought it was broken. Give me RG or McC over Landry Jones. Dude, Your LT battle is Villanueva & Ryan Harris. Guess you told Rooney not to trade for JT. Give me Joe T. Dude, your TE is Ladarius Green. He was out more than Gates. I'll take Barnidge..Sammie Coats or HeyBey is no answer to Martavis Bryant neither. Your lucky Bengals can only answer with Tyler Boyd & LaFell.. I'd be happy with C. Coleman just getting us Wheaton numbers if he's there #2..

Dude, Landry Jones was saved by a fatass lineman fat foot tripping Jones out of Browns game. Jones went to bench surely cuz Jones thought it was broken. Give me RG or McC over Landry Jones. Dude, Your LT battle is Villanueva & Ryan Harris. Guess you told Rooney not to trade for JT. Give me Joe T. Dude, your TE is Ladarius Green. He was out more than Gates. I'll take Barnidge..Sammie Coats or HeyBey is no answer to Martavis Bryant neither. Your lucky Bengals can only answer with Tyler Boyd & LaFell.. I'd be happy with C. Coleman just getting us Wheaton numbers if he's there #2..

Correct me if I am wrong but I heard that Martavis Bryant was suspended for the season due to his drug or PED issues, no?

Correct me if I am wrong but I heard that Martavis Bryant was suspended for the season due to his drug or PED issues, no?

That is correct Gip. I saw that when I was looking up what round he was drafted in. Now why cant the Browns ever get lucky finding receivers like Bryant (4th round) and Brown ( 6th round)? LOL, could this be the year?

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-disappointed-in-Martavis-Bryant-45472732

The Steelers season hinges on BR's health.. no BR.. No playoffs.. it's that simple.

And that goes for just about every nfl team in the league. The steelers were recently named the second most talented roster by at least one nfl writer. Take it for what it's worth BUT the steelers are certainly capable of winning some games without Ben. Winning a super bowl? Yes unlikely.

He missed tests so they are listed as failed tests. He checked himself into treatment for depression. We drafted Sammie Coates to cover for a potential suspension/problem with Bryant.

Archived