THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Look Seriously at WR

The Gipper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore will not make the team.

They kept Chris Tabor as ST coach....and Moore is his boy.....so, though they very well should let go of Moore, I think he stays for just that reason.

Though....to be honest, to quote The Old Man from Pawn Stars...and also my Dad: He seems as useless as tits on a boar hog

They kept Chris Tabor as ST coach....and Moore is his boy.....so, though they very well should let go of Moore, I think he stays for just that reason.

Though....to be honest, to quote The Old Man from Pawn Stars...and also my Dad: He seems as useless as tits on a boar hog

I see. Yeah I honestly don't see anything special about him. I think they should try Duke for kick returns. Kind of like Sproles.

I'm really enjoying the VASTLY different way business is being conducted, so I'm just gonna continue to sit back, enjoy the ride, & see what happens in Browns' Town!

Mike

Although I agree that Moore will have a chance to make special teams for a spot on the 53; I think he will have to compete for that spot as there will be many rookies trying to take it away from him. If he cannot prove that he is much better at special teams than the rookies; I think, he will be let go in favor of one of them.

Radio guys both said that Higgins is making plays on a consistent basis, perhaps more than any other receiver. The other guy who looks good is Terrell Pryor. Apparently Pryor is getting chippy with people and talking some smack. I actually like that. I want somebody on our team to have an edge, and why not him? He has the look of a WR, not a guy trying to PLAY WR. He looks good and feels comfortable. Still don't know if the guy can catch the ball, but I'm guessing he can if he's playing well in OTA's.

Still, I'm not sure why Hartline getting the boot make sense. Apparently he was a very hard worker and somebody that could help set an example for all of the young guys we drafted. I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if this move doesn't help pave the way for Josh Gordon. I know, I know...I shouldn't even bring up his name, but perhaps Gordon is coming back.

Radio guys both said that Higgins is making plays on a consistent basis, perhaps more than any other receiver. The other guy who looks good is Terrell Pryor. Apparently Pryor is getting chippy with people and talking some smack. I actually like that. I want somebody on our team to have an edge, and why not him? He has the look of a WR, not a guy trying to PLAY WR. He looks good and feels comfortable. Still don't know if the guy can catch the ball, but I'm guessing he can if he's playing well in OTA's.

Still, I'm not sure why Hartline getting the boot make sense. Apparently he was a very hard worker and somebody that could help set an example for all of the young guys we drafted. I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if this move doesn't help pave the way for Josh Gordon. I know, I know...I shouldn't even bring up his name, but perhaps Gordon is coming back.

Thanks for the updates.

Again, people don't need to be taught how to work hard. "Teacher" isn't worth a roster spot.

Again, people don't need to be taught how to work hard. "Teacher" isn't worth a roster spot.

Teacher? No, that's the "coach".

Example? Never hurts having one. Hopefully we still do.

I like having a few veterans show these young kids how to act and handle stresses in the locker room and off the field; but, it is our coaches that should teach on the field and help all of the players get better. You really only need a few vets to be team captains and the rest are BPA in my opinion. Now, if they thought that Hartline was better than most of the other receivers than I think we should have kept him; but, if they just did not like what they saw enough and felt that they could get better from the younger players than I understand. Anyway, we finally have some real coaches and not project coaches trying for the first time. Let's see where this goes and hope at least two of the four WR drafted pan out.

I like having a few veterans show these young kids how to act and handle stresses in the locker room and off the field; but, it is our coaches that should teach on the field and help all of the players get better. You really only need a few vets to be team captains and the rest are BPA in my opinion. Now, if they thought that Hartline was better than most of the other receivers than I think we should have kept him; but, if they just did not like what they saw enough and felt that they could get better from the younger players than I understand. Anyway, we finally have some real coaches and not project coaches trying for the first time. Let's see where this goes and hope at least two of the four WR drafted pan out.

What I have highlighted above is the absolute key. The Coaches we now have know how to evaluate, develope, & utilize players. After last year, due to poor coaching & poor utilization, we had little idea what we had talent wise. After this coming year, we will end the season knowing far better what our REAL needs are. That alone is progress.

Mike

Archived