THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Look Seriously at WR

The Gipper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want Sterling Shepard in Cleveland then maybe another later in rounds 6 or 7 .......WR class is quite deep this year ....Shepard is 5.10 and is a slot type receiver but can play on the outside too ...... Shame we do not know what will happen to Gordon before the draft

I've been an OU fan for years but the Browns want nothing to do with Shepard. He is an incredible college player but is really undersized, see Ryan Broyles.

The De' Andre Hopkins (Texans) by the numbers:: 6'1"-214lbs.-33 3/8 ARMS-10"HANDS-40 time:4.57. bench 15. vert.36". broad 115". 20 shuttle 4.50.. 2 closest & 2 in the game. #1. Doctson-6'2"-202lbs-31 7/8 arms. 9 7/8 hands.-40 time 4.50. 14 bench-vert.41".broad 131". 20 shuttle 4.08. #2. Thomas (OSU) 6'3"-212lbs.- 32 1/8 arms. 10 1/2"HANDS & drops nothing. 40 time-4.57. BENCH!!- 18. vert.35".broard 126". 20 shut.4.13. 2 in game #3. Peake-6'2"-209lbs.-34"ARMS-hands 91/4. 40 time 4.45. bench 12(weak separation).vert.35.5". broad 122". 20 shut. 4.46. #4.Boyd-6'1"-197lbs.-arms32"-hands 9 3/4". 40 time-4.58. bench 11(weak separation).vert.34".broad 119". 20 shut.4.35. And yes Treadwell(pro day & combine) 6'2"-221lbs.-33 3/8 ARMS. hands 91/2. 40time-4.63.bench 12(weak) vert.33 1/2".broad 117". 20 shut 4.29. Remember arms & hands add to catch radius & size & weight & 40 time is huge in NFL. Fuller(8 1/4 hands), Coleman (9" hands), Shepard (9 3/4 HANDS & compared to Lockett) but all under 6 ft. & lets start something new, SIZE :P Compare to Hopkins numbers & lets get one that can piss clean urine.

I've been an OU fan for years but the Browns want nothing to do with Shepard. He is an incredible college player but is really undersized, see Ryan Broyles.

Wes Welker is kinda undersized too :)

Well, they may be worth a shit....But that is less than we want them to be worth.

So, what is your plan for getting some that are worth a shit.?

We set up our draft board...then just as we are about to pick...take the next guy in line. Our first choices suck.

Or better yet we have a painted stick that says " you must be this tall to play wide reciever here". And make sure the stick is at least 6' 2" long.

We set up our draft board...then just as we are about to pick...take the next guy in line. Our first choices suck.

Or better yet we have a painted stick that says " you must be this tall to play wide reciever here". And make sure the stick is at least 6' 2" long.

OK then, I will highlight below the only players you say we should take:

11 *Laquon Treadwell WR 1 Ole Miss Jr 6-2 221 1

23 *Corey Coleman WR 2 Baylor rJr 5-11 194 1

28 *Will Fuller WR 3 Notre Dame Jr 6-0 186 1-2

31 Josh Doctsoninjury.gif WR 4 TCU rSr 6-2 202 1-2

44 *Tyler Boyd WR 5 Pittsburgh Jr 6-1 197 2

46 *Michael Thomas WR 6 Ohio State rJr 6-3 212 2

58 *Pharoh Cooper WR 7 South Carolina Jr 5-11 203 2

69 Sterling Shepard WR 8 Oklahoma Sr 5-10 194 2-3

71 Braxton Miller WR 9 Ohio State rSr 6-1 201 2-3

77 *Rashard Higgins WR 10 Colorado State Jr 6-1 196 2-3

87 Leonte Carroo WR 11 Rutgers Sr 6-0 211 3

94 *Kenny Lawler WR 12 California rJr 6-2 203 3

98 Jordan Payton WR 13 UCLA Sr 6-1 207 3

102 Kolby Listenbee WR 14 TCU rSr 6-0 197 3-4

105 Keyarris Garrett WR 15 Tulsa rSr 6-3 220 3-4

111 Aaron Burbridge WR 16 Michigan State Sr 6-0 206 3-4

119 *Bralon Addison WR 17 Oregon rJr 5-9 197 3-4

Essentially, I can go along with you. Looking at Doctson or Thomas with #32, or Lawler and Garrett in rounds 3-4.

What is the health status of Josh Doctson. I see the red flag on him about an injury. So, what's up with that? Anyone know?

He sustained it just after being informed he was on the Browns radar ....he shook his head so much he tore a ligament in his neck

He sustained it just after being informed he was on the Browns radar ....he shook his head so much he tore a ligament in his neck

OK, I said "Let's look seriously at WR". You are not being serious here. Why can't you be serious for once? Why always fucking around? This is important stuff and you aren't giving it the attention it deserves. You should never ever make light of this subject. How can anyone ever respect anything you say if you can't say anything with any gravitas. What's wrong with you Man?

(OK, just fucking with you.. :P )

joker-the-dark-knight-why-so-serious-whi

What is the health status of Josh Doctson. I see the red flag on him about an injury. So, what's up with that? Anyone know?

2nd to last game of season at Ok. State, Doctson had his left hand in turf & defender fell on left arm putting Doc out rest of game. Tried to play season finally next week with Kansas, caught 1 pass, back out with wrist. Come to find out, Doc broke his left wrist back at Ok. State. Had surgery on left wrist end Nov. but could not get it ready before Alamo Bowl with Oregon 1-2-16 nor could QB Boykin who was suspended. Still found a way to beat Oregon. Soft cast at combine but all reports say he's ready to go..

2nd to last game of season at Ok. State, Doctson had his left hand in turf & defender fell on left arm putting Doc out rest of game. Tried to play season finally next week with Kansas, caught 1 pass, back out with wrist. Come to find out, Doc broke his left wrist back at Ok. State. Had surgery on left wrist end Nov. but could not get it ready before Alamo Bowl with Oregon 1-2-16 nor could QB Boykin who was suspended. Still found a way to beat Oregon. Soft case at combine but all reports say he's ready to go..

A wrist problem should not be totally detrimental to a WR......unless of course it prevents him from catching.

A wrist problem should not be totally detrimental to a WR......unless of course it prevents him from catching.

M. Thomas>Doctson. not a buckeye nerd decision just think Thomas drops nothing & a solid NFL build body vs. a lengthier S. Watkins look in Doctson.

4 that interest me, other than the obvious ones (alphabetically):

Rashard Higgins

Kenny Lawler

Malcolm Mitchell (could be a late 4th round bargain due to injury history)

Jordan Payton

Mike

• 1 month later...

We had...

Andrew Hawkins

Brian Hartline

Taylor Gabriel

Marlon Moore

Terrelle Pryor

Rannell Hall

Darius Jennings

If we are lucky, we'll have...

Josh Gordon

Corey Coleman

Jordan Payton

Rashard Higgins

Andrew Hawkins

Ricardo Louis

Terrel Pryor

Seth DeValve

That is an amazing turn-around in just a couple weeks. This will be a great group of receivers.

We had...

Andrew Hawkins

Brian Hartline

Taylor Gabriel

Marlon Moore

Terrelle Pryor

Rannell Hall

Darius Jennings

If we are lucky, we'll have...

Josh Gordon

Corey Coleman

Jordan Payton

Rashard Higgins

Andrew Hawkins

Ricardo Louis

Terrel Pryor

Seth DeValve

That is an amazing turn-around in just a couple weeks. This will be a great group of receivers.

Devalve is a TE

Not only am I not planning on having Gordon back, will he REALLY fit the mold of the type player this FO & Coaching staff want? I, for one, seriously doubt it.

Will he stay out of trouble? Learn the playbook? Give 100% on ALL plays? Associate with good people?...I rest my case.

Mike

Not only am I not planning on having Gordon back, will he REALLY fit the mold of the type player this FO & Coaching staff want? I, for one, seriously doubt it.

Will he stay out of trouble? Learn the playbook? Give 100% on ALL plays? Associate with good people?...I rest my case.

Mike

If Gordon is able to play why wouldn't this staff atleast want him on the roster? Not only have we seen his potential. His contract is really cheap. If he messes up then oh well. But we can't just cut him before anything is 100%.

If Gordon is able to play why wouldn't this staff atleast want him on the roster? Not only have we seen his potential. His contract is really cheap. If he messes up then oh well. But we can't just cut him before anything is 100%.

I did not say cut him, did I? What I DID was question whether or not he would fit the mold of the type player this FO & Coaching staff wants...that is, high character players who love the game & will give it their all. I haven't seen that yet from JG, so "we'll see".

Mike

I did not say cut him, did I? What I DID was question whether or not he would fit the mold of the type player this FO & Coaching staff wants...that is, high character players who love the game & will give it their all. I haven't seen that yet from JG, so "we'll see".

Mike

Well said Mike! You can't fake passion, especially if a guy keeps choosing marijuana over football. Gordon is always suspended and look no deeper than the company he continues to keep. He recently had another positive test. How many more times do some people need to see history repeat itself with that knucklehead? BTW, the last time we saw a very disinterested Josh Gordon - he joined a 6-4 football team in progress here in 2014. He didn't know the playbook, took plays off, got suspended by the team, and the offense got worse (not better).

This is the only Josh Gordon reality I continue to see: Urine = You're Out!

Mike

Well they had a bone for RG3 and Kaepernick...

WSS

Well they had a bone for RG3 and Kaepernick...

WSS

Steve,

While both those guys have to make changes, neither has the baggage JG has. No comparison.

We'll just have to wait & see what happens.

Steve,

While both those guys have to make changes, neither has the baggage JG has. No comparison.

We'll just have to wait & see what happens.

Yes there is a difference but I prefer simple stupidity to team cancer.

But both attitudes need to be adjusted.

WSS

Yes there is a difference but I prefer simple stupidity to team cancer.

But both attitudes need to be adjusted.

WSS

When Kapernick's name came up, I puked in my own mouth and hoped it didn't happen.

Griffin, I welcomed. I believe he's a good guy that went through a humbling experience last year. So far I'm seeing pictures of him with his teammates all over town supporting Cleveland and charities. I've seen the Browns drop down in the draft instead of grabbing a franchise QB.

Grif never bad-mouthed the Redskins, or his coach, once last year. Showed up to every game and was a good teammate.

I think that attitude has already been adjusted.

Zombo

Getting a playmaker like Coleman makes a lot of sense, but make no mistake about it, if other rookie WR's have a better rookie season, Hue Jackson and Sashi will immediately be under the fire. Coleman makes sense because he fills the speed void left by Benji, he can be used in a variety of ways (reverses, bubble screens, quick hitch, even the running the ball), and he has obvious big play potential. Something that our team sorely lacks.

Problem is, we could've really used what Treadwell and Doctson brought to the table as well. This was a ballsy pick, and the fans and media won't waste any time before letting Hue and Sashi have it if the other guys blow up. It might not be fair, but you know how it is.

Coaches tend to keep the guys they drafted over the previous holdovers, so I would expect several of the other guys to be cut before long. This will probably happen before the preseason which would give the departed players a chance to catch on with somebody else. Hue has already said he has an affinity for Terrell Pryor, so he'll have every chance to prove he can deliver. Can he run routes? Secure the ball? Run after the catch? Block? Become a red zone target? I like the fact that Hue is an offensive coach, and my HOPE is that Terrell can be more of a TE than a true WR. Remember what Eiffert was in the red zone for the Bengals? Yeah, I'd like about HALF of that from Pryor. He has the physical ability, and perhaps Barnidge can draw attention away from him.

Taylor Gabriel was a tremendous disappointment last season, and this after he showed so much promise his rookie season. He didn't get open, never made the big play, and just didn't get it done. I also believe he had a few killer drops, but I could be mistaken.

Andrew Hawkins wasn't the same either, and I'm not sure if it was because of injuries or what, but he just couldn't recapture the magic. He's small and no spring chicken. I would tab him and Gabriel as the most likely guys to be let go. Both our little guys MUST show something in OTA's in order to make the roster.

Mike

What serious thing did Gordon do wrong? Smoke a little weed.

FYI, in my position I punish people for doing weed....at least for possessing it. The consequences? A $75.00 fine.

I Ohio this may even go by the wayside perhaps as soon as next year. Yet the NFL thinks it is so serious that it costs a guy 2 years of his career.

I predict that within a few years the NFL will not even test for pot.

4 that interest me, other than the obvious ones (alphabetically):

Rashard Higgins

Kenny Lawler

Malcolm Mitchell (could be a late 4th round bargain due to injury history)

Jordan Payton

Mike

Blimey

Mike

I didn't say you said that. It doesn't hurt having him on the roster as of now. He is under a cheap contract with a lot of potential. Oh that's our mold? Haha. I wasn't aware that generic response was our mold. That can be said about every team. The only mold I see is they want to play young. Gordon obviously has a problem with staying clean. But we would be fools to give up on him at this moment. That's my opinion.

Archived