THE BROWNS BOARD

Davis Webb

CaineDeSoulis

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much prefer Peterman.

You think so? I didn't get the same sense from him.

I'm sure there's a stat somewhere to back one of us up.

There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

There was. NFL combine Kessler 55 mph, Peterman 53 mph. This got posted in the Watson undraftable thread. FWIW, a lot of scouts at the Clemson pro day said Watson didn't look lame arm either, though his 49 mph velocity was worse than Connor Shaw. According to the stats that got posted in the spreadsheet I couldn't find, the odds of being a successful NFL qb drop way off if you can't hit 55 mph. IIRC, the only successful qbs drafted since 2008 who couldn't hit that mark were Tyrod Taylor and Dak Prescott- and they both threw with arm issues.

Actually i saw some scouts saying they could see his arm limitations i'll post a link here in a second

Deshaun Watson: Arm-strength concerns have followed Watson for the last two seasons on film and aren't going away after he was clocked at 49 miles per hour on the radar gun in Indianapolis. The pro day workout showed some of these same issues, according to a scout who was there. "He just doesn't have a big arm. That's not who he is. Closer to Alex Smith than Marcus Mariota."

Matt Miller ~ Bleacher Report

Well if there is a cut-off, there's a cut-off and I'll concede the point. There was some debate in that very thread however as to the validity of those measurements.

There's also another thing I read where he completed something like 45% of his long passes... That doesn't speak to arm strength, but it does suggest an ability to get long throws to where his receivers can get to them.

Well if there is a cut-off, there's a cut-off and I'll concede the point. There was some debate in that very thread however as to the validity of those measurements.

There's also another thing I read where he completed something like 45% of his long passes... That doesn't speak to arm strength, but it does suggest an ability to get long throws to where his receivers can get to them.

I agree with this perspective all the way.......this whole MPH thing is "suddenly" a vital stat, when it never mattered before???

I think it's BS......either you can make the throws or you cant.......timing, anticipation, ability to read D's all take the lead in important traits for successful QB's.....not mph

Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

Far from a QB guru. but I think it gunna take a Gun in our Division. Every Stadium sits beside a lake or River with possible elements & Winds. Ben,Flacco & Red Rifle our not bean bag tossers. Webb's arm motion looks like to me if allowed time he could drive the ball into a receiver..

We need a mailman....get it delivered.....on time.....wind rain snow......

We need a mailman....get it delivered.....on time.....wind rain snow......

Problem with Webb, He sometime reminds me of our old #3. Throws it hard, but were just not sure where it is going..A Perfect Mailman :D

Where is Carl Malone when you need him?

Deshaun Watson: Arm-strength concerns have followed Watson for the last two seasons on film and aren't going away after he was clocked at 49 miles per hour on the radar gun in Indianapolis. The pro day workout showed some of these same issues, according to a scout who was there. "He just doesn't have a big arm. That's not who he is. Closer to Alex Smith than Marcus Mariota."- Matt Miller ~ Bleacher Report

Mayock talked about his feet alignment... how it improved and made his throws stronger. Problem is you don't always get to set your feet.

I agree with this perspective all the way.......this whole MPH thing is "suddenly" a vital stat, when it never mattered before???

Something had to be the hand size of 2017...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698763-meet-davis-webb-the-nfl-draft-prospect-who-can-toss-it-75-yards-with-ease

Another Good Article with an in depth interview also interesting stat Davis Webb was 36 of 102 passes over 20 yards in the air for 1,186 yards, 18 touchdowns and five picks. making him the most accurate deep ball thrower in this draft class.

Great plan

great plan yes, but bellicheck & teams above at bottom of draft will have a sticker shock price tag to do so..tick tock

He woulda made a nice TE.....

Of course, had he been a TE, we woulda called him the mail box......

A guy to look at if the Browns do want to draft a TE is Adam Shaheen, from Ashland. He WAS I believe an All American Power Forward at his level....D-II.

• 6'6"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/2"ARM LENGTH
  • 278LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 5/8"HANDS

Go defense at #1 and #12, then trade back into the first round to get Webb.

The fifth year option is not worth that much... nor is Webb for that matter, IMO...

Archived