THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper's Weekly Rock n Roll Triva 11/2/15

Here is this week's Rock n Roll Trivia...guitarists:

1 Which album cover depicts 4 guys pissing on a monolith?

2. What was unusual about Jimi Hendrix's playing style?

3. What band did Peter Frampton play in before going solo?

4. Besides maybe like Luca Brasi and Sammy the Bull Gravano, what person in this category is also know for the "Double Tap"?

5. Name the 4 persons who played lead guitar for the Yardbirds in the 1960s.

The WHO.. Who's Next.. early 70s

Yep, the upside down Strat

Humble Pie... Too easy

4. Besides maybe like Luca Brasi and Sammy the Bull Gravano, what person in this category is also know for the "Double Tap"?

No fucking idea... EVH?

Beck, Page and Clapton are the three obvious.. There were two other guys in the 60s who's names escape me.. Anthony somebody.. who i think is back with them today.. sorry.. :(

The WHO.. Who's Next.. early 70s

Check

Yep, the upside down Strat

Check

Humble Pie... Too easy

Check

No fucking idea... EVH?

No idea, then you give his initials?

Beck, Page and Clapton are the three obvious.. There were two other guys in the 60s who's names escape me.. Anthony somebody.. who i think is back with them today.. sorry.. :(

There was only 1 other guy that played lead...and yes his name was Anthony something....so you are half right.

Or: John Lofting:

In 1691, an article in the London Gazette mentioned John Lofting, who held a patent for a fire engine: "The said patentee has also projected a very useful engine for starting of beer, and other liquors which will draw from 20 to 30 barrels an hour, which are completely fixed with brass joints and screws at reasonable rates".

The Who - Who's Next

Played a guitar strung for right-hander, left-handed...

Humble Pie

???

I forget the original member's name, but he was replaced by Clapton who was replaced by Jeff Beck who was joined by Jimmy Page for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

1 Which album cover depicts 4 guys pissing on a monolith

The Who (Who's Next)

he played a stratocaster upside down but, It was strung properly with the the strrings going from the low E on the top. The high E on the bottom as a right hander would play it..

Humble Pie

Stanley Jordan (solo artist), And Jeff Watson formerly of Night Ranger.. Look them up.

John Mayall,Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page

1 Which album cover depicts 4 guys pissing on a monolith

The Who (Who's Next)

he played a stratocaster upside down but, It was strung properly with the the strrings going from the low E on the top. The high E on the bottom as a right hander would play it..

Humble Pie

Stanley Jordan (solo artist), And Jeff Watson formerly of Night Ranger.. Look them up.

John Mayall,Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page

You are correct on the right handed stringing and tuning. I had a typo saying left handed.

No wait a sec, ya I was right the first time. Silly me for putting out this roach.

post-271-0-49555900-1448903811_thumb.jpg

you might want to look at this. low to high from top to bottom

Wouldn't you need to replace the nut?

WSS

.. nope.. just refile the slots to accomodate the thickness of the lower strings... but it takes an experienced luthier to make those proper adjustments..

.. nope.. just refile the slots to accomodate the thickness of the lower strings... but it takes an experienced luthier to make those proper adjustments..

Just take the bridge and turn it upside down or adjust the saddles accordingly.

but no man Jimmi played a left handed guitar. With the chord voicings in a 7th or 9th form is his bluesy style would be next to impossible. I guess you could drop d tune to cover the Barr chords but in the 60's most of the down tuning came in Eb.

Now if Jimmi had a tune he worked on just for show he could pull it off for a song or two but that would be it. Think about it. If he learned to play on a right handed guitar on his own don't try to explain to me he knew how to tune or use complex chords on his own.

He's the Babe Ruth of rock guitar. And Jimmi playing a righty guitar would be as rhetorical as calling his shot.

Just take the bridge and turn it upside down or adjust the saddles accordingly.

but no man Jimmi played a left handed guitar. With the chord voicings in a 7th or 9th form is his bluesy style would be next to impossible. I guess you could drop d tune to cover the Barr chords but in the 60's most of the down tuning came in Eb.

Now if Jimmi had a tune he worked on just for show he could pull it off for a song or two but that would be it. Think about it. If he learned to play on a right handed guitar on his own don't try to explain to me he knew how to tune or use complex chords on his own.

He's the Babe Ruth of rock guitar. And Jimmi playing a righty guitar would be as rhetorical as calling his shot.

what Im saying is the guitar was strung in normal fashion.it was the low string on top.. not like Dick Dale or Eric gales who has the high string on top. the bridge was left unadulterated , just adjusted to have proper intonation.. yeah flipping the nut is easy enough.

what Im saying is the guitar was strung in normal fashion.it was the low string on top.. not like Dick Dale or Eric gales who has the high string on top. the bridge was left unadulterated , just adjusted to have proper intonation.. yeah flipping the nut is easy enough.

Then we are agreeing on the same thing sorry man Lol. It's crazy

I got brownies in the oven Monday Nite Football style that should clear this all up.

Are they laced? LOL!

Archived