THE BROWNS BOARD

Appendicitis yesterday

bbedward

Yesterday I woke up with an empty ache feeling right under my belly button.

I was like maybe a weird hunger thing going on since I didn't really eat dinner the day before so I ate breakfast. Then the ache and pain grew stronger where it hurt to move so I took some milk of magnesia and eagerly awaited a shit. Took a shit, no difference.

Still did stuff around the house, took ibuprofen , pain got worse, couldn't sleep. Knew pain was coming from appendix area so had to go in

Yadda yadda yadda drove myself to the ER they injected me with good stuff a few times (Dilaudid). Took blood, did a CT scan.

Sure appendicitis, need surgery blah blah blah.

Done with surgery around 9am feeling great still waiting around now at 6pm to be discharged and for a percocet prescription.

Anyway just sharing about my sudden bout of acute appendicitis. I know it's super common and all but still came on strong.

Yesterday I woke up with an empty ache feeling right under my belly button.

I was like maybe a weird hunger thing going on since I didn't really eat dinner the day before so I ate breakfast. Then the ache and pain grew stronger where it hurt to move so I took some milk of magnesia and eagerly awaited a shit. Took a shit, no difference.

Still did stuff around the house, took ibuprofen , pain got worse, couldn't sleep. Knew pain was coming from appendix area so had to go in

Yadda yadda yadda drove myself to the ER they injected me with good stuff a few times (Dilaudid). Took blood, did a CT scan.

Sure appendicitis, need surgery blah blah blah.

Done with surgery around 9am feeling great still waiting around now at 6pm to be discharged and for a percocet prescription.

Anyway just sharing about my sudden bout of acute appendicitis. I know it's super common and all but still came on strong.

My uncle Dale died at the age of 19 from

Appendicitis

Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.

Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.

Did you go home the same day from an appendectomy? My wife has been a nurse for 41 years at a hospital and said that they used to keep you overnight at least one day....but now a days who knows.

Appendectomy and gall bladder surgery used to be a big deal, serious surgery.

Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

Yes but the appendectomy was pretty much first thing in the morning.

Glad to hear all went well. Are you to take it easy for a few days?

My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.

My Uncle had it in 1961, I was 6. My Grandfather a retired cop didn't believe in going to hospitals. He thought he had the flu. By the time they took him to City (now Metro) Hospital his appendix had ruptured and he passed away. All I remember was my mother crying (it was her little brother). Of course at 6 you don't really understand death at all.

Times have changed a bit now where they can quickly curb infection and stuff like that if it ruptures. But I was trying to sleep through the pain and hoped it went away overnight, good thing I didn't though

Careful with the percs. They are addictive and can kill you over time.

Yeah they're not M&Ms or Juigi Fruits. I've got chronic hip and shoulder pain but am super careful with those little helpers.

They ain't that big of a deal.

Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.

I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.

I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.

Probably for most people they aren't but some for whatever reason can't deal with pain or whatever and start popping them way more than prescribed.

I have a friend like that hooked on Vicodin and that's all he thinks about, when he came over we had to hide everything. .....not so much now because he's not welcome.

I have a very high pain tolerance so never affected me at all.

I take pain killers but not all the time, only when I need to. They constipate me and make me very irritable. I can go for weeks without it but when I need them they help very much. I've taken Percs before and don't touch my pain. Actually ultram works very good for me too and it's less of a big deal because they're opioids; not an opiate.

I have a high tolerance for pain killers I can take 3000 ml of Vikes in one dose. Sometimes in the morning you can read my posts and tell I'm on it. I haven't taken any yet this year! :)

I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all

I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all

Druggies will always find an excuse for their narcotics.

I have a really high pain tolerance so no biggy to me. Still take one every 3/4 hrs though maybe because they do help with the pain.

Can you actually see being addicted to those pills though. To me it's when I need them then taking them for a buzz. But yes they will put you in a stae of euphoria but all the time feeling like that sucks.

Can you actually see being addicted to those pills though. To me it's when I need them then taking them for a buzz. But yes they will put you in a stae of euphoria but all the time feeling like that sucks.

No but I'm actually immune to pill/narcotic addiction or any hard drug addiction.

I know everyone's like "oh it can't happen to me" then it does, but it would literally never happen to me for a variety of reasons.

Plus if you buy them illegally then you'll go bankrupt. I know somebody who went from 700+ credit score to bankruptcy in 2 years from pills (more than just painkillers though - Xanax, percs, adderall, everything under the sun)

Archived